PDA

View Full Version : XIII

RoXer
02-06-2009, 02:33 PM
So it was a comic first, a video game second, and now a TV series third. I remember playing the game and really loving it but I don't really remember much of the plot. I remember a hospital and a canyon where I ziplined across into a shed or something.

...I dunno, I just remember liking it at the time. I didn't even get to finish it because I rented it and the disc would scratch and I only got up to a certain point.

Anyway, I bring this up because there is a TV movie coming out in America called "XIII: The Conspiracy". It was already released in other parts of the world so I'm downloading it now.

Does anyone remember the game? Has anyone seen the tv movie yet? Are they basically the same?

RoXer
02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/67/XIIIboxcover.jpg/256px-XIIIboxcover.jpg

#BROKEN Hasney
02-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I read the comics first, they were not "all that". I played the game too, and there's a reason you don't remember the plot.

In terms of the comics, (and the game really) the visual style was what made them and it's the same with the game. If the movie can hit it's style, it will be interstiing but I wouldn't hold out for a seriously gripping story.

mitchables
02-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah I seem to remember enjoying the game largely for its visual style, and not really remembering much else about the story. Not the most memorable of plots.

Boondock Saint
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I believe this is just a miniseries, fyi

RoXer
02-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah not even. It's just 2 episodes.

OssMan
02-08-2009, 03:04 AM
I had that on Gamecube and I got pretty far. But I never beat it, I was at this level where there was some underwater pipe you had to swim in or something, I dunno.

Mr Regal
02-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I had it on the xbox...then i sold my xbox to buy beer.

IC Champion
02-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Val Kilmer doing TV. lik

parkmania
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Thank God they didn't get David Duchovny for the movie. His voicework for the video game was HORRIFIC!

OssMan
11-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Started a new game in this. Loved it back then, didn't realize it was awful.

DAMN iNATOR
11-21-2015, 05:24 PM
No wonder I always thought the game needed a sequel...it leaves a bunxh of loose ends...you're confronted by some dude with a couple of guards. He asks, with guns drawn, "Are the fireworks not to your liking, Fly?" and right before the credits roll, at the bottom of the screen, in unmissable big print you see "To be continued...". Shame we never got the intended sequel...would've played the fuck out of it.