PDA

View Full Version : Three men that should go into the hall of fame.

FourFifty
02-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Haystack Calhoun.
First off, don't ask me "Who?" Wiki is, you lazy piece of shit (HBKool, I'm looking at you). His booking style was emulated later on for Andre the Giant, and his persona was mimiced by another hall of famer, Hillbilly Jim. He was better known than the world champion at his time because he was a bigger draw.
I'm partial to Haystack becaus eof a conversation I had with my (late) great uncle. This is when I decided I was going to be a wrestling fan for life. He mentioned names that I've only read about. One name that stuck was Haystack Calhoun.

Brian Pillman.
If Steve Austin lit the industry on fire, Brian Pillman handed him the match. If you don't know what it's all about, then you clearly don't belong.

James A. Johnston.
Just because he never stepped foot in the ring doesn't mean he should be overlooked. All I have to say about him is a quote from "My Time."
"Yo Jimmy, hit me with that Triple H."

Anyone have any reasons why anyone of these three men shouldn't be in the hall of fame?

DaveWadding
02-08-2009, 02:35 AM
1) Who?

2) Overrated

3) Yeah, sure.

thedamndest
02-08-2009, 02:45 AM
Anybody who died more than 10 years ago will eventually go in, even if they were nobodies. Eventually Troy from Tekno Team 2000 will be inducted.

GD
02-08-2009, 03:12 AM
Haystack Halhoun.

James A. Johnston.
Just because he never stepped foot in the ring doesn't mean he should be overlooked. All I have to say about him is a quote from "My Time."
"Yo Jimmy, hit me with that Triple H."

Anyone have any reasons why anyone of these three men shouldn't be in the hall of fame?

:yes: Make it happen.

Funky Fly
02-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Anybody who died more than 10 years ago will eventually go in, even if they were nobodies. Eventually Troy from Tekno Team 2000 will be inducted.

lol Erik Watts

FourFifty
02-08-2009, 07:53 AM
1) Who?

Wiki him.

Krimzon7
02-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I agree, to an extent. I've stated before, Pillman shouldn't go in unless SCSA is inducting him. so let Flying Brian go in next year. James Johnson is solely responsible for launching the biggest fucking trend in wrestling: Original Theme songs. The E is still raking in money by compiling a bunch of this dude's tracks and pushing them in Best Buys. He needs to go in, and he needs to be renegotiating his royalties.

NeanderCarl
02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
One name that stuck was Haystack Calhoun.

Didn't stick that well: it was Haystacks Calhoun.

Fabien Barthez
02-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Calhoun was way way way way before my time, so I'm not really going to comment either way.

Too soon for Pilman I think. If his pretty average career has people talking about his great mind, and all that crap in 6 or 7 years time, do it.

But there are lots of people more deserving generally. There is kind of a generation before him who are waiting in the wings. Ted Dibiase, Mike Rotundo, Rick Rude, Jake Roberts, Randy Savage, Road Warriors, Brittish Bulldogs. There is probably alot more that didnt just come into my head. Either way, they all have more impressive careers.

Jim Johnston, no argument there.

Nark Order
02-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Randy Savage and then all will be at peace for me.

Gertner
02-08-2009, 12:58 PM
According to Hennan in his book, Haystacks was a dick.

2 wrestlers with under-rated resumes that should be in

Barry Windham
Rick Martel

NeanderCarl
02-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I must have blinked and missed Rotundo's impressive career.

(And yeah yeah, WWF World tag team champion with Windham and DiBiase, yeah yeah Varsity Club, yeah yeah Japan, yeah yeah IRS... don't need anyone to reel off a list of accomplishments and call me a dick for not thinking he was amazing, but the operative word in "impressive career" is "impressive" and I was never impressed by this non-descript boring midcarder.)

Anybody Thrilla
02-08-2009, 01:33 PM
In a mildly related note, Jim Johnston really dropped the ball on the IRS theme.

Krimzon7
02-08-2009, 01:54 PM
On a completely related note, he hit a grandslam with The million dollar man's!

Fabien Barthez
02-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I must have blinked and missed Rotundo's impressive career.

(And yeah yeah, WWF World tag team champion with Windham and DiBiase, yeah yeah Varsity Club, yeah yeah Japan, yeah yeah IRS... don't need anyone to reel off a list of accomplishments and call me a dick for not thinking he was amazing, but the operative word in "impressive career" is "impressive" and I was never impressed by this non-descript boring midcarder.)

Well, you haven't given me alot to rebut with really. He was half of the WWF tag champs at the first Wrestlemania. And technically, he was in the Main Event at WMIX. He was a classic heel wrestler, and for over 25 years. I don't think you are a dick for not thinking he is amazing, I just think because you never really got into him as a character, doesn't discount his maybe understated in comparison to other, but still very good heel wrestler status. I am sorry you don't like him.