PDA

View Full Version : History of the World Heavyweight Champion dvd

johnsmagic
02-08-2009, 07:55 PM
If the WWE where to bring out a the history of the World Heavyweight Championship which im sure they will do after a few more yrs, at this current stage what matches would people have on it and why ?

Xero
02-08-2009, 07:57 PM
The first Elimination Chamber for sure.

Jeritron
02-08-2009, 08:02 PM
As long as it's a fair balance. You'll probably end up seeing them only put a few NWA and WCW matches, and a slew of WWE ones. Not that WWE doesn't have good ones, but I'd rather them show the best rather than make stretches.
I think one disc for each would be cool

Jeritron
02-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I'd need to give some thought to pick out NWA and WCW stuff. A lot of good matches for this belt. Obviously Flair and Steamboat will come up a lot. Probably some Sting. Goldberg/Hogan just for significance.

In WWE, the Chris Jericho vs The Rock in the fall of 01 btw. That was a great match, which is a nice addition to the set since it was when it was still the "WCW title", but defended in WWF.

Then once it became the WWE world title, it did have a lot of good matches. Elimination Chamber. Some Taker/Edge stuff for sure. HHH/HBM. Angle/Taker. Batista/HHH. Jericho/HBM.

Xero
02-08-2009, 08:19 PM
See, the problem is they seem to distinguish the WWE WHC from the WCW WHC. If anything, I could see a WCW Championship DVD, but I seriously doubt they'd put WCW on the WWE WHC DVD.

Juan
02-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I dunno, I doubt they'd put any NWA/WCW stuff on there, since the WWE doesn't recognize the WHC as being the former NWA/WCW belt. Although they should...

Jeritron
02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Good point. I do think they should though. What's the harm? Especially when they have the power to select matches that only make the belt look more epic and historical. I realize it's a different championship, but they should at least recognize the lineage. Even if they prefer to view it as very loose.

Juan
02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Good point. I do think they should though. What's the harm? Especially when they have the power to select matches that only make the belt look more epic and historical. I realize it's a different championship, but they should at least recognize the lineage. Even if they prefer to view it as very loose.

Agreed

Jeritron
02-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I can understand that they choose to make it a different lineage in kayfabe, because of things like David Arquette and the stuff that happened in the dying months.
I do think though that most of their dvd audience knows the belt's history, and understand that it's a different belt at the same time as being an old one.
It's not like showing Goldberg/Hogan in the Georgia Dome, or Flair/Steamboat is going to make the belt look shitty. They can just cleverly present the parts of history they want to, like they always do.

Xero
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I agree, it SHOULD have the same lineage, but it doesn't, and you can't have it both ways. The title is either solidly connected to the WCW/NWA lineage or it isn't. Just because it's similar cosmetically doesn't make it the WCW championship.

That would be similar to an indy fed using the old WWF Attitude Belt and claiming WWF Championship lineage.

In the end, WWE can easily correct it and just say it is, indeed, the WCW Championship, but that brings in a whole new mess with situations like "X held both the WCW and WWE Championships".

Jeritron
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Sort of, but I think it's more closely related. They did absorb the promotion, and absorb the title into theirs. When they split the titles back up, it was awarded to the last man to hold it by the former promoter of WCW.

I agree that it's not the same, but it's closely related. If it's the history of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, it's not the same. If it's just the history of The World Heavyweight Championship (or History of the Big Gold Belt), it's similar.

Triple Naitch
02-08-2009, 08:45 PM
For the WWE Belt

Benoit vs. HHH vs. HBK
The first Elimination Chamber
Undertaker vs. Edge
Undertaker vs. Batista
Heavyweight Scramble

JT
02-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Honestly hoping the brands merge back together and title's unified before then tbh.

Juan
02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Honestly hoping the brands merge back together and title's unified before then tbh.

Don't hold your breathe, mate

Fox
02-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I say leave out the WCW Championship DVD for later and just recognize the World Title from the point where Bischoff gave it to Triple H and forward. Here are some matches I would put on it:

-Triple H (c) vs. Kane - World / IC Unification Match - No Mercy

-Elimination Chamber: Triple H (c) vs. HBK vs. Booker T vs. Jericho vs. RVD vs. Kane - Survivor Series

-Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels (c) - 3 Stages of Hell - Armaggeddon

-Triple H (c) vs. Booker T - WrestleMania XIX

-Triple H (c) vs. Rob Van Dam - RAW June 30, 2003

-Triple H (c) vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania XX

-Chris Benoit (c) vs. Randy Orton - Summerslam

-Triple H (c) vs. Chris Benoit vs. Edge - RAW November 29th 2004

-Triple H (c) vs. Batista - WrestleMania 21

-Kurt Angle wins the 20 Man Battle Royal - Smackdown January 13, 2006

-Kurt Angle (c) vs. Undertaker - No Way Out

-Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle (c) vs. Randy Orton - WrestleMania 22

-Batista vs. Triple H (c) - WrestleMania 21

-Edge (c) vs. Undertaker - WrestleMania 24

-Chris Jericho vs. JBL vs. Batista vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane - Unforgiven

Mister Sinister
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Like they will put Benoit in any DVD.

I hope I'm wrong.

This is my ideal card, leaving out Benoit.

Triple H v. Rob Van Dam - Unforgiven 2002

Elimination Chamber 1 - Booker, RVD, Kane, Jericho, HBM, Triple H

Shawn Michaels v. Rob Van Dam - Raw - November (2 Weeks after the Elimination Chamber)

Three Stages Of Hell - HBM v. Triple H - Armageddon - 2002

Booker T v. Triple H - WM19

Triple H v. Kevin Nash - HIAC - Judgement Day 2003

Triple H v. Shawn Michaels - Last Man Standing - Royal Rumble 2004

Batista v. Triple H - WM21

Batista v. Triple H - Vengeance - 2005

Kurt Angle v. Undertaker - NWO 2006

Rey Mysterio v. Sabu - ECW ONS2

Undertaker v. Batista - Last Man Standing - 2007 (Don't know the PPV)

Edge v. Batista v. Undertaker - Armageddon 2007

Edge v. Undertaker - WM24

Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michaels - Ladder Match

If Benoit was added.

Triple H . HBM v. Benoit - WM20

Triple H v. Benoit - Ironman - Raw

Randy Orton v. Benoit - Summerslam 2004

Elimination Chamber 2

Jeritron
02-08-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't think he was in the second elimination chamber anyways. It was HHH, Goldberg, HBM, Nash, Orton, Jericho.

Mister Sinister
02-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Sorry, meant the third one, where the World Title was vacanted, and it was HHH, Batista, Orton, Edge, Benoit and Jericho with HBM as Special Referee.