PDA

View Full Version : WWE Legal Issues

Jackshouse
02-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Does anybody know what, if anything, has happened with two of WWE's legal issues they seemed to be having a while back.

The first one I'm thinking of concerns Raven and the whole 'independent contractor' issue, the second was the cease-and-desist order against Hogan's celebrity wrestling show over the 'Brutus The Barber Beefcake' name.

Haven't heard anything on either of these two stories in a while.

Gerard
02-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Far as i know they just never followed up on the ccw one. Not heard anything about the raven lawsuit in a while.

Kane Knight
02-15-2009, 11:28 AM
LOL. I forgot about the Raven story. Remember how good a case the IWC thought he had?

Jackshouse
02-15-2009, 12:32 PM
yeah that's why I was starting to think I missed something on that one..seems they quietly brushed those under the carpet!

Juan
02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
The Stanford Advocate reports that a federal judge has dismissed the lawsuit filed against World Wrestling
Entertainment by former wrestlers Scott "Raven" Levy, Chris "Kanyon" Klucsaritis and Mike Sanders. The wrestlers claimed WWE cheated them out of health care and other benefits and that the terms of their WWE contracts should qualify them as full-time employees. To read the full story, visit StamfordAdvocate.com. The judge ruling in favor of Raven, Kanyon and Sanders would have had a tremendous change on the wrestling industry and in the end could have cost WWE a great deal of money.

BigDaddyCool
02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
BDC followed the Raven case, and thought is was hilarious.

Kane Knight
02-27-2009, 05:09 PM
The Stanford Advocate reports that a federal judge has dismissed the lawsuit filed against World Wrestling
Entertainment by former wrestlers Scott "Raven" Levy, Chris "Kanyon" Klucsaritis and Mike Sanders. The wrestlers claimed WWE cheated them out of health care and other benefits and that the terms of their WWE contracts should qualify them as full-time employees. To read the full story, visit StamfordAdvocate.com. The judge ruling in favor of Raven, Kanyon and Sanders would have had a tremendous change on the wrestling industry and in the end could have cost WWE a great deal of money.

I guess a plea of "it's not fair" and the support of the IWC doesn't overturn the law and a mountain of lawyers after all.

Juan
02-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Has it ever?

thedamndest
02-27-2009, 07:42 PM
The "What About Me, What About Raven?" argument never works.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I didn't follow it, but I'd like to say that parts of the Nicole Bass v. WWE opinion is pretty funny. Apparently Micheal Hayes wanted all up in that...

Kane Knight
02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
The "What About Me, What About Raven?" argument never works.

:D