PDA

View Full Version : For some reason...

Afterlife
02-18-2009, 03:44 PM
...Sweetums is starting to grow on me. I think he's going to be this generation's Kane. He's big, he's mean, and he's not bad as a big man. Am I alone?

Juan
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
I agree.

Wait, we're talking about Mike Knox, right?

BigDaddyCool
02-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Knox is ok, I'm not entirely sold on him or his staying power.

Afterlife
02-18-2009, 04:04 PM
I agree.

Wait, we're talking about Mike Knox, right?

Yes.

Afterlife
02-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Knox is ok, I'm not entirely sold on him or his staying power.

Well, without interview/promo time, we don't get much of a persona yet. But we do see him effectively bashing people in the ring, and the way he does it tells of how he thinks, to a degree.

Lock Jaw
02-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Knox can't talk though. Well, he can, but his voice totally doesn't match his persona or look like Kane's does.

Knox falls into the Lashely Pitfall.

Xero
02-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Manager.

Problem solved.

Lock Jaw
02-18-2009, 05:36 PM
WWE Hates Managers.

Problem Still There.

Xero
02-18-2009, 05:39 PM
I meant in logical world, where Shane McMahon doesn't beat up the WrestleMania main eventer and Matt Striker is managing a stable of untalkable monsters.

Rammsteinmad
02-18-2009, 05:44 PM
What the hell?! We're talking about Mike Knox here for christs sake. He's just a hairier version of Gene Snitsky. The guys a waste of space. He can't wrestle. He can't talk. He looked so out of place in the Elimination Chamber and I swear he cocked up a number of times.

So this time next year he'll be on his fourth main event push as "the undefeated" Mike Knox.

Juan
02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Comparing Mike Knox to Gene Snitsky would be like comparing ice cream to horse manure.

Xero
Comparing Knox to Snitsky is an insult. He's an "ok" brawler. Snitsky was a "terrible" everything.

Juan
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/Gsquared_2007/SHW/Bobby_Heenan.jpg

Xero
Juan got Juan in before me.

Rammsteinmad
02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
It's not Snitsky's fault.

Afterlife
02-18-2009, 06:29 PM
I find it shaky calling Knox a bad wrestler. He's fast for his size, and he's quite the hitter. Besides, I'm talking about him in relative terms. Not in comparrison to Michaels or pre-madness Angle.

Theo Dious
02-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Comparing Knox to Snitsky is an insult. He's an "ok" brawler. Snitsky was a "terrible" everything.

Untrue. He was the best baby-punter WWE ever saw.

Triple Naitch
02-18-2009, 11:02 PM
What are you guys talking about? Sweetums is comedy gold on the mic.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDm0ZOpGy1o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDm0ZOpGy1o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rofl:

:shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2009, 11:11 PM
I find it shaky calling Knox a bad wrestler. He's fast for his size, and he's quite the hitter. Besides, I'm talking about him in relative terms. Not in comparrison to Michaels or pre-madness Angle.

Madness-succumbed Angle is still a fantastic wrestler.

The big difference between Mike Knox and Snitsky is that Mike Knox has had good matches with Matt Hardy, Finlay, Tommy Dreamer, Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston. Snitsky had good matches with...no one. I'm pretty sure Snitsky was game enough to really take a good bump, and that he had a good hardcore match in him somewhere, but Knox can thrive in a regular sort of environment.

I also love his character, so far. He's not your average angry big man. He seems a lot more...cowardly than most. He picks his spots, and he actually plays a chickenshit heel in a bad-ass' body. Well, that has seemingly shifted into a more apathetic sort of character, but I hope they can sort of amalgamate those two ideas together.

If they stick anyone with Mike Knox, I think it should be a character who plays his "psychiatrist." Just someone to ask Knox "how does that make you feel" during some comedy segments, or to do interviews for Knox, while he just stands there calmly.

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure whose idea it was (it may have come from creative), but Knox losing the patterned attire and switching to black trunks is an interesting move. Makes him seem a lot more "empty."

The way Jim Ross talks about him, it sounds like he has a lot of support backstage, so I would expect to see him get a few more "pushes" before the WWE gives up on him. And as he is better than most other big men the WWE have tried pushing, Knox might actually have a chance at sticking.

The Optimist
02-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Madness-succumbed Angle . . . "Angle with killing intent"

Anyway, I'm more into Kozlov but it's all cool.

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm hot and cold with Kozlov. I like his...character. Not so much the actual character the WWE portrays, but the potential it has. The idea of a guy who has been training since a very young age to be a perfect combat machine coming to the WWE to test his skill, and finding himself battling main eventers, only to find himself slightly humbled, really intrigues me.

In the ring, he can be very crisp and cool looking, or he can be very green and splotchy. He really needs more time going after the US Title, or something, before he works in the position he currently is, if you ask me.

thedamndest
02-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Todd Grisham: Mike Knox, why did you switch to the black trunks after months of wearing the patterned attire? What is your problem with the patterned attire?
Knox: I don't know. I never really thought about it.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Todd Grisham needs to get slightly frustrated with Mike Knox not answering his questions one day, and just ask him a random question. "Mike Knox, what is your opinion on the political conditions of third world countries?" An example.

Knox then says, "I haven't really thought about it." And then, maybe two weeks later, Knox comes up to Todd Grisham and says "It sucks." Todd is confused, and then Knox clarifies: "Two weeks ago you asked me what I thought about the political conditions of third world countries? I think it sucks."

Todd is a little confused and astounded, but thanks Knox, who then leads the following exchange:

Knox: Ask me another one.
Grish Excuse me?
Knox Ask me another one. Another question.
Grish: Oh, um, OK...did Barack Obama make the right choice picking Joe Biden to be his Vice President?
Knox: ...I'll get back to you.

*Two weeks later*

Knox: Yes, he did.
Grish: I'm sorry?
Knox: Barack Obama made the right choice picking Joe Biden to be his Vice President. Because he won.