PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Goldman Gone

Xero
02-20-2009, 04:26 PM
From PWInsider:

World Wrestling Entertainment announced that Scotty Goldman has been released. Goldman had only been used a few times on the Smackdown brand and of late, had been hosting the What's Crackin' web series on WWE.com.

Goldman, who appeared on Wrestling Society X as Matt Classic, had been a regular with Ring of Honor as Colt Cabana for a number of years before signing with WWE in 2007.

In a way, the release is somewhat surprising in that Goldman is a really charismatic, funny performer who can also go in the ring, although WWE never really attempted to take advantage of it.

BigDaddyCool
02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Wow, really, guess WWE doesn't want any jobbers around.

Boondock Saint
lol

ron the dial
damn shame they let him go but i'm sure he'll do just fine.

Triple Naitch
02-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Hopefully he goes right back to ROH

GD
02-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Would you believe it...I was reading his fucking bio an hour ago and he got released. Who is this Kizarny guy?

BigDaddyCool
02-20-2009, 04:35 PM
BTW, I didn't mean any disrespect to Scotty/Colt by the jobber remark, but instead was reffering to the fact that WWE is cutting anyone who could be thrown into a match for a easy win for the rest of the roster, such as Colt.

Xero
02-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Remember the people who said WWE would push him?

:rofl:

BigDaddyCool
02-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Which people was that? Noid?

Xero
02-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Probably, but quite a few others were saying it too.

I'm pretty sure I went the "He'll be on TV for a bit, drop off into obscurity and be released" route.

BigDaddyCool
02-20-2009, 05:02 PM
I try to be on the wait and see route.

Shadow
02-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Is Kizarny even on TV anymore?

RatedGSuperstar
02-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Kizarny shows up on SmackDown tonight, trying to tell Vickie a knock knock joke in carny language.

I'm surprised they let him go...even as a jobber he was pretty entertaining and did a good job of putting guys like Umaga over. Maybe he wasn't happy and it was a mutual thing?

Innovator
02-20-2009, 05:21 PM
ZOMG COLT IS GONE PUNK IS IN THE DOGHOUSE

Alan The Rapist
02-20-2009, 05:21 PM
This is Unfortunate.

Juan
02-20-2009, 05:28 PM
This is Unfortunate.

I agree.

Krimzon7
02-20-2009, 05:33 PM
meh, There's your face of the 'H'. I haven't seen him really go, but from what I saw he was damn entertaining.

Haze
02-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Not really shocked at this news. I was more shocked when he wasn't let go last month.

Not saying that he isn't entertaining, but it is the WWE we are talking about.

CSL
02-20-2009, 05:48 PM
They dropped the ball, gotta say. Still, won't hurt the company or him so n/m

Destor
02-20-2009, 07:42 PM
sucks

Afterlife
02-20-2009, 07:44 PM
What the fuck, WWE? Seriously. :nono:

What Would Kevin Do?
02-20-2009, 08:49 PM
On the bright side, he'll be back in ROH, which has a tv deal now. Plus, I can almost guarantee he'll end up champ sooner or later in ROH, since Adam Pearce is the booker, and I believe they're friends.

RGWhat316
02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
You got that right Kevin. Colt's last ROH show he even fought Pearce. I'm pissed at reading this though. There is no logical explanation why he shouldn't have been used for or even fired this quickly. A horrible decision by WWE.

Evil Vito
02-20-2009, 09:16 PM
<font color=goldenrod>lol JR's commentary during the Goldman/Umaga match tonight is kind of eerie given his release.

"The WWE.com resident Goldman might get the delete button pushed on him tonight."</font>

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Probably, but quite a few others were saying it too.

I'm pretty sure I went the "He'll be on TV for a bit, drop off into obscurity and be released" route.

Didn't you say the same thing about everybody?

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2009, 10:53 PM
It's a shame that he's been released. Apparently he's a victim of the "creative doesn't have anything for him." And some people backstage were down on his look. That's just bogus, in my opinion. Goldman was a damn good talent, both in the ring and on the mic. He's a hilarious personality, and his release actually surprises me, because the WWE had him on WWE.com and doing colour commentary in FCW.

Seriously, why Scotty Goldman couldn't have been used as a colour guy for the new Superstars show is beyond me. Why they couldn't have given him a decent feud or match now and again doesn't click, either.

Ah well, ROH will be happy to get Colt Cabana back.

CSL
02-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Mysparth blog:

SEEYA!!!!!
Yes. I was released by WWE.

There's only two things that are on my mind right now.

1) Move back to Chicago
2) Go to England and Professionally Wrestle Johnny Saint

There'll be a lot more to come, but for now, sit tight.

Goodbye Scotty Goldman.
Hello (again) Colt Cabana!

GOOD TIMES, GREAT MEMORIES!

lol @ #2. Wants to take on The Man of a Thewsun 'orlds. Be great to have him back over here

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Johnny Saint is like a god, isn't he?

CSL
02-21-2009, 12:13 AM
To people with a very specific taste, yes. Namely, people that really appreciate tech and chain wrestling. He is definitely respected, he's just not everybodies cup of tea (and it is kind of strange watching a 66-year old man wrestle in short trunks) However, it works because of the style. He would bore the majority of modern wrestling fans to tears. I personally would fucking love the chance to learn from him. Some of the stuff he does, you just can't help but appreciate and smile

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Ah, you mean he's appreciated by fans of good wrestling, and bores the crap out of people who like big guys throwing fake looking punches at each other?

CSL
02-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Ah, you mean he's appreciated by fans of good wrestling, and bores the crap out of people who like big guys throwing fake looking punches at each other?

Essentially, yeah. Big lights, loud music, muscles. Fans of these things will not like Johnny Saint

Johnny Saint vs. Finlay from sometime after 1978. Chose this match because I figured there's more chance of peeps watching if there's somebody they know involved (and also getting a kick out of Finlay's mullet and tache combo if you haven't seen it before)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_IdBPxUr2V0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_IdBPxUr2V0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDDatZMr3hA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDDatZMr3hA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Good match. Certainly a different style. Definitely seems much more sporting than "sports entertainment."

LOL at Finlay having a woman in Indian garb with him. I'm sure there's a reason for it and all, and she's someone respected, but I just find it odd.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Johnny Saint will be in Chikara's King of Trios this year FYI

Kane Knight
02-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Meh.

jcmoorehead
02-21-2009, 09:04 AM
LOL at Finlay having a woman in Indian garb with him. I'm sure there's a reason for it and all, and she's someone respected, but I just find it odd.

Princess Paula I believe she's called? Someone will have to back me up on that because I'm not too sure. I Can't believe that's what Finlay used to look like though. Finlay is actually one of the first names I really heard of when it comes to Wrestling, my mam went to see him at Middlesbrough Town Hall back in the 70s/80s.

@CSLi:Thanks for posting that video up, I've often been told about the old Wrestling shows we used to get here in the UK but never really had a chance to check it out so I'll enjoy watching this.

parkmania
02-21-2009, 01:08 PM
"British Heavy Middleweight Champion"

Wow, how many titles were there in Britain at that time?

Lock Jaw
02-21-2009, 01:13 PM
British Heavy Heavyweight Title
British Heavy Middleweight Title
British Heavy Lightweight Title
British Middle Heavyweight Title
British Middle Middleweight Title
British Middle Lightweight Title

..... and so forth.

parkmania
02-21-2009, 01:24 PM
I'd actually love to see a technical wrestler do what Finlay was doing part way through the match - takedown and then let the guy up with a couple of pats on the opponent's chest as if to say "Is that all you got?". It'd be a great heel move.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 08:20 PM
That reminds me of Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin, where Triple H took down Shelton, and then made the "this close" gesture. He then did it against, and gave Shelton a back on the cheek. Shelton responded by out-wrestling Triple H, giving him the "this close" gesture, and then doing the same thing again, and patting him on the face.

That stuff was fantastic.

Vastardikai
02-22-2009, 12:47 AM
I'd actually love to see a technical wrestler do what Finlay was doing part way through the match - takedown and then let the guy up with a couple of pats on the opponent's chest as if to say "Is that all you got?". It'd be a great heel move.

Finlay should talk to Swagger about this.

Vastardikai
02-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Also, Johnny Saint is fucking amazing. He is a worker's worker. And Finlay rules with the mullet. Seriously, I'm not ABOUT to mock it, because of fear.

The other thing, a WWE Title match decided under this format might be pretty good.