PDA

View Full Version : Budokai 2

SuperSlim
12-15-2003, 09:46 AM
Anybody got it yet?

I do and all I can say is that it is very addictive.

StoneColdStunner
12-15-2003, 10:24 AM
True i don't have it yet but i work at a local gamesshop so i played it a few times and its so cool and indeed addictive, one minor thing the graphics have gone back on budokai 1 i think the shell shaded effect ain't so cool with DBZ:Budokai 2 thats what i think but overall the game is great :y:

Bo
12-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Yeah I want it but Im spending some much on Christmas. Ill probally get it after the holidays and proablly Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun also. :y:

Sin Harvest
12-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Getting it 4 xmas, proper looking forward to it.

Jonster
12-16-2003, 03:26 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">Had it a few weeks.
It's alright I guess - stopped playing it when I got PGR2, Prince of Persia and XIII</font>

Kalyx triaD
01-07-2005, 02:35 AM
I got it.

Jonster
01-07-2005, 07:30 AM
:wtf:

Sephiroth
01-07-2005, 07:53 AM
I played the first one, thinking about buying Budokai 2 and 3.

What is the big difference between DBZ Budokai 2 and 3 btw?

Jonster
01-07-2005, 10:41 AM
3's a lot better.

SuperSlim
01-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I rented Budokai 3 and I even regret doing that. I played it for bout 5 minutes and hated it and haven't played it again since. If you wanna get another DBZ game then get Budokai 2. At least there is a code for that one and it's a lot easier to get around and get stuff done.

but Budokai 3 is like Budokai 2 except it's supposed to be mroe updated but the really messed up thing is there is no Bebi. No Bebi but there is a SS4 Goku? No sense at all.

Mister Sinister
01-07-2005, 12:12 PM
3 Is a more indepth version of Budokai 2, 3 is what Dimps was trying to do with 2, before it got rushed by Atari..The Cell Shading is more touched up, as well as adding more character's and Tranformations, Such as Broly and Cooler, and finally adding, All Of Freiza's Forms.

They also included a new feature called Dragon Rush, with add's to the gameplay, and makes the game look more like the show, however it get's old after the first few times, since almost everyone has the same one.

Characters have different fighting Styles, Piccolo has lengthy attacks because his arms can stretch out, They made the Storymode better in B3, instead of the somewhat boring Board Game, Dragon Mode in B2.

And after you beat all 13 Characters, Dragon World, you unlock Dragon Arena, which let's you build up your characters, and can even input Passwords of other players Characters, to fight your own

Shaggy
01-07-2005, 01:26 PM
I loved the second game when it came out. I must of played it over and over again even after I beat it. My cousin brought the 3rd game over the other day and I didnt mind it. It was good and even though I only played for a few minutes In practice mode I thought it was pretty good.

The only thing I hated was....I watched him do the whole story mode thing and I hated how you had to fly across the map to find dragonballs.

Kalyx triaD
01-07-2005, 03:03 PM
There has to be a reason they canned the cinema style of part one, it would've done well with current cel shading. And if you get 2 good players in a fight, it will look as crazy as the show. The Hyper Dragon Rushes do get tedious. And the absense of Bebi is weird as it sounds, seeing as how they manage to fit in the last bad guy of the series.