PDA

View Full Version : Something I'm wondering about Kozlov

screech
02-20-2009, 09:29 PM
First of all, he sucks. He started to grow on me until I realized he was getting pushed to the main event. He should be nowhere near it.

Here's my thought: Do you think he could be better used beating up little people, ala Mike Knox? Maybe they could keep up the shtick on their respective shows, then have a match because one thinks the other is trying to be like him. Or they could team up in a sense to just beat down all the little people.

Just something I thought of when I saw him on SD!

Discuss.

Innovator
02-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Yeah he should do that...in FCW

Afterlife
02-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I was just thinking Kozlov/Umaga would be a fun Mania bout.

Innovator
02-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I'd feel bad for Umanga, but it seemed tonight he was getting the Smackdown dubbed face pop, so maybe they're setting that up

screech
02-20-2009, 09:42 PM

Maybe not at Mania, but I'd like to see Kozlov and Umanga go at it.

Afterlife
02-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Maybe not at Mania, but I'd like to see Kozlov and Umanga go at it.

Why not at Mania?

screech
02-20-2009, 09:46 PM
It just doesn't seem like it'd be a Mania-caliber match to me. It'd end up being like Batista/Umaga last year.

Heyman
02-20-2009, 09:59 PM
First of all, he sucks. He started to grow on me until I realized he was getting pushed to the main event. He should be nowhere near it.

Here's my thought: Do you think he could be better used beating up little people, ala Mike Knox? Maybe they could keep up the shtick on their respective shows, then have a match because one thinks the other is trying to be like him. Or they could team up in a sense to just beat down all the little people.

Just something I thought of when I saw him on SD!

Discuss.

I suggested an idea awhile back that Kozlov and Knox could form a tag team/alliance....and their gimmick would be to just bully random people, etc.

Kozlov/Knox could serve a purpose for the WWE.....as whichever up coming face tag team beats them (cleanly), go 'get over'. This of course, is if the WWE does a decent job of making Kozlov/Knox look credible.

mike adamle
02-20-2009, 09:59 PM
kozlov-knox wouldn't work, kozlov is about competition, not beating little people

screech
02-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Kozlov/Knox could serve a purpose for the WWE.....as whichever up coming face tag team beats them (cleanly), go 'get over'. This of course, is if the WWE does a decent job of making Kozlov/Knox look credible.

I agree, but the way Knox is going that doesn't seem feasible. I know they're trying to build Knox, but jobbing to Rey every week isn't going to do it. (Maybe I'm a little biased because I hate Rey, but that's not the point.)

kozlov-knox wouldn't work, kozlov is about competition, not beating little people

I'm essentially being hypothetical, since Vince seems to think Kozlov is good enough to be in the main event. I'm thinking of how Kozlov could be better utilized and far away from the top of the heap.

Hanso Amore
02-20-2009, 10:28 PM
I hought he was shit before he made it to the main event. But he has fit in IMHO. He is a decent big man threat.

Afterlife
02-20-2009, 10:42 PM
It just doesn't seem like it'd be a Mania-caliber match to me. It'd end up being like Batista/Umaga last year.

Yeah, only legitimately interesting. Undefeated Kozlov vs. Unstoppable Umaga.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2009, 10:45 PM

I have been thinking that Umaga is going to turn face and either face Vladimir Kozlov or Big Show. Right now, I'm thinking that one faces Umaga and the other gets into MITB. Big Show would be fun(ny) as hell in a Ladder Match, but I forsee them doing Umaga vs. Show, and letting Kozlov get a chance at the World Title shot.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2009, 10:45 PM
And no, Kozlov should not be anywhere near the main event.

screech
02-20-2009, 10:46 PM
I hought he was shit before he made it to the main event. But he has fit in IMHO. He is a decent big man threat.

He seems like a decent threat, but World Champ material (like Vince seems to think he is)?

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2009, 10:47 PM
The only Kozlov near the WWE main event should be Alex.

screech
02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
I have been thinking that Umaga is going to turn face and either face Vladimir Kozlov or Big Show. Right now, I'm thinking that one faces Umaga and the other gets into MITB. Big Show would be fun(ny) as hell in a Ladder Match, but I forsee them doing Umaga vs. Show, and letting Kozlov get a chance at the World Title shot.

They teased a Big Show/Umanga program before the latter got hurt, so I wouldn't mind seeing that start up again. Kozlov in MITB would be really stupid, IMO. Not that he'd win, I'd just hate to see him in it.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2009, 10:55 PM
They teased a Big Show/Umanga program before the latter got hurt, so I wouldn't mind seeing that start up again. Kozlov in MITB would be really stupid, IMO. Not that he'd win, I'd just hate to see him in it.

I'd much prefer The Brian Kendrick to be in the match, of course, but I can just see them putting Kozlov in as a "perfect combat machine out of his environment." You know, to try and create drama for a character no one really cares about.

Innovator
02-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Koslov would end up hurting someone in MITB

RatedRSuperstar
02-21-2009, 04:09 AM
I think they thought he would really get over and be able to give him a push. But he just doesn't seem like a guy that could be a world champion. Knox/Kozlov beating carlito/Primo for the tag belts. Then they bull Miz/Morrison around for awhile

The Optimist
02-21-2009, 04:41 AM
I think Kozlov should fight Knox, specifically. All the fucking time. Like wild animals that you can't stop from hating each other.

Triple Naitch
02-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Umaga/Kozlov wouldn't be the worst thing they've ever done.

Krimzon7
02-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Umaga shouldn't have to waste a 'Mania on Koslov. I want to see him and Manu/Sin jump into the Tag Team fray, Koslov should sit Mania out. Everybody can't be in the Big Show.

Xero
02-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Everybody can't be in the Big Show.

That's what he said.

Krimzon7
02-21-2009, 10:10 AM
:lol:

thedamndest
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
I think they should add in Kane to Kozlov and Knox and they could call themselves KKK. They could go around beating up people smaller than them, like R-Truth, MVP, Shelton, Benjamin, and JTG. Obviously these would be very heinous acts, so they would need some threatening outfits to symbolize the devastation. Probably ghost costumes, since the victims would feel like they are almost dead. And Kane, known for burning things, could leave burning crosses in the yards of the group's next victim, telling them to get out of town or suffer the wrath of the KKK!

Krimzon7
02-21-2009, 03:47 PM
This shouldn't be funny. I hate myself for laughing.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't hate Kozlov/Umaga.

Hanso Amore
02-21-2009, 05:00 PM
I dont think being Streak fodder is bad at all. HE is better than Gonzalez and Henry.

WHo ever said he was title material?

Just because he is in a few matches to put over other peeps doesnt mean anything. Every upper mid card guy gets a few big matches.

Even HArdcore Holly.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 08:18 PM
I think they should add in Kane to Kozlov and Knox and they could call themselves KKK. They could go around beating up people smaller than them, like R-Truth, MVP, Shelton, Benjamin, and JTG. Obviously these would be very heinous acts, so they would need some threatening outfits to symbolize the devastation. Probably ghost costumes, since the victims would feel like they are almost dead. And Kane, known for burning things, could leave burning crosses in the yards of the group's next victim, telling them to get out of town or suffer the wrath of the KKK!

The first sentence of this was great. :p

I honestly think those three together would make an awesome group, truthfully.

thedamndest
02-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Kozlov/Khali/Umaga as a stable with Ranjin Singh serving as the group's all-purpose translator.

Kozlov: Triple H, Yah smirnoff da smolltsaaataapapofftaa
Khali: iuygohnlnlogoblkjnloiblbolbonloitvjb
Umaga: BAHHHHHHHHHHH SAMMMOOOOAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord-Of-Darkness
02-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't mind him, he's an easily dislikable heel(for story purposes) and therefore works in regard to marks.

I'm still waiting for him to beat the crap out of someone, grab the mic and say 'If he dies....he dies'