PDA

View Full Version : What's Next for Rourke??(Spoiler)

Legend Killer
02-23-2009, 12:03 AM
After not winning the Academy Award, what will Rourke do?

Should he now get involved in the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania?

Juan
02-23-2009, 12:03 AM
I say yes.

Innovator
02-23-2009, 12:04 AM
RAM JAM!

Nark Order
02-23-2009, 12:05 AM
I always liked the idea. I say yes also. He'd have a better match than probably any other random Mania celebrity match so far seeing as how he's had training.

Hornicane
02-23-2009, 12:21 AM
I'd pay to see Rourke v. Jericho.

Mercury Bullet
02-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Rourke v. Arquette

Shadow
02-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Why not?

Lock Jaw
02-23-2009, 12:59 AM
After not winning the Academy Award, what will Rourke do?

Lose his smile.

James Steele
02-23-2009, 01:00 AM
He will probably avenge his past failures even more by resurrecting his career even further as he acts in more classic films that spark the mind and enlighten the soul.

Anybody Thrilla
02-23-2009, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him at Wrestlemania, but I saw The Wrestler tonight, and I thought it wasn't very good.

thedamndest
02-23-2009, 02:16 AM
I will watch the free stream of Mania with or without Rourke.

mike adamle
02-23-2009, 02:45 AM
i prefer waiting an hour after mania to dl the torrent!

FourFifty
02-23-2009, 03:10 AM
I already have my ticket to WM with or without Rourke.

Team Sheep
02-23-2009, 04:57 AM
I already have my ticket to WM with or without Rourke.

BigDaddyCool
02-23-2009, 09:08 AM
My question is why did people think Rourke would win an oscar for one good role after a string of bit parts in B movies? I haven't seen the Wrestler, but I do know the Oscars, to a point. They are rarely just for one role, they seem to give out oscars after a series of good roles/movies. Which is why Lord of the Rings didn't win anything till the last movie. Or they give out oscars for political/racial reasons. Hardly do they ever give them out of just one role, even thought that is what the awards are named after.

Legend Killer
02-23-2009, 09:28 AM
My question is why did people think Rourke would win an oscar for one good role after a string of bit parts in B movies? I haven't seen the Wrestler, but I do know the Oscars, to a point. They are rarely just for one role, they seem to give out oscars after a series of good roles/movies. Which is why Lord of the Rings didn't win anything till the last movie. Or they give out oscars for political/racial reasons. Hardly do they ever give them out of just one role, even thought that is what the awards are named after.

Dude cuz those Lord of the Rings Movies sucked.
All it was, was a bunch of people walking to a fucking volcano.
Even the trees walked in those movies.
I wouldn't have chosen Fellowship or Two Towers for an Oscar either.
They gave Return an Oscar as a way of saying, "Thank God your shitty movies are now done Peter Jackson, here's a fucking Oscar! Now get the fuck out!"

But you do have a point.

BigDaddyCool
02-23-2009, 09:30 AM
If you thought the movies were all about walking to a volcano, then don't read the books, they have 5 times as much walking. Back in the day, I had this Lord of the Rings computer game. I played the game before reading the books, and the game was nothing but walking. It was awful, had no idea what was going on at all.

BigDaddyCool
02-23-2009, 09:31 AM
But I digress, this is wrestling, not lord of the rings, Rourke probably still won't wrestle.

Legend Killer
02-23-2009, 10:14 AM
If you thought the movies were all about walking to a volcano, then don't read the books, they have 5 times as much walking. Back in the day, I had this Lord of the Rings computer game. I played the game before reading the books, and the game was nothing but walking. It was awful, had no idea what was going on at all.

I liked the books.

BigDaddyCool
02-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Books are for fags.

Krimzon7
02-23-2009, 02:17 PM
The books, games, movies, adaptations all sucked. And who gives a fuck if Rourke shows up? This will be a good WM, and Jericho will drag a 4 star match out of Jerry Lawler. There I said it, He will end up fighting the King.

Legend Killer
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
The books, games, movies, adaptations all sucked. And who gives a fuck if Rourke shows up? This will be a good WM, and Jericho will drag a 4 star match out of Jerry Lawler. There I said it, He will end up fighting the King.

Dude I wish Andy Kauffman was still around. From what I saw, that was one of the hottest storylines ever.

Lawler VS Rourke would have been good too. Have Rourke play heel, and Lawler play face. I would kind of like to see a celebrity start beating up women in the WWE or around the United States and finally wrestle someone that has the same Stardom as Lawler back then, TODAY.

Anybody Thrilla
02-23-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm from Hollywood...