PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see an "anti-Legacy" stable?

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2009, 01:51 AM
I just made a post in another thread talking about some of the second/third generation wrestlers that aren't currently on the main WWE roster (or even under developmental contract yet), and it motivated me to make this thread.

I'm not the first to suggest it, nor is this the first time I've talked about it, but I figure I'd create an official place to discuss it: Would you like to see a face stable of second/third generation wrestlers to fight against Legacy?

Joe Hennig, Brett DiBiase and Ricky Steamboat, Jr. are three names I'll just throw out there. Would something like that work? Is it putting too many green guys in one place?

Juan
02-26-2009, 02:04 AM
Maybe eventually. Not anytime soon though.

Plus, it also depends on what they do Randy Orton's character post-Mania.

thedamndest
02-26-2009, 03:00 AM
I don't believe a rookie stable would be a threat to anyone.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2009, 03:20 AM
I don't believe a rookie stable would be a threat to anyone.

Legacy included?

Juan
02-26-2009, 03:23 AM
Legacy included?

Come on.

Randy Orton.

thedamndest
02-26-2009, 03:27 AM
Rhodes has had a solid year of training under Holly, so he's not even really a rookie. Besides, the function of Legacy isn't really to do stable things. They're not going after the tag belts or trying to capture the other individual belts. They're learning from Orton while backing him up. Bringing in the three new guys to compete against them would be a waste of the three new guys.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2009, 03:30 AM
What if they had a seasoned leader, as well?

thedamndest
02-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Then it might be different. But it would defeat the purpose of getting all second/third gen guys. And you are not allowed to put Chavo in there.

I like the possibility of a couple of them banding together and taking on Rhodes/DiBiase. But I think Orton will probably be focused on singles business for the most part, kind of like how HHH and the Outlaws were both in DX but each had separate roles (singles/tag) and would come together for promos and the occasional brawl and big match.

Tazz Dan
02-26-2009, 05:03 AM
I can see this happening. Maybe Manu can lead them.... :shifty:

Mooияakeя™
02-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Can't see it happening for a while, but I can see 1 or 2 joining legacy. DiBiase, Hennig (if he is as good heal as his daddy was).

I think there's more chance of Hart 2.0 happening anyway.

Now where is that Teddy Hart.....

Theo Dious
02-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Now where is that Teddy Hart.....

Jesus Christ, I wish he would officially retire and become a goat herder so that people would stop talking about his worthless ass.

Krimzon7
02-26-2009, 08:54 AM
There shouldn't necessarily be a second/third gen stable to oppose legacy, but there should be some type of stable to oppose them, isn't that the idea? Every stable I've know has had some force, or coalition to oppose them. I'd like to see some type of feud for them. Jericho had a lackey for a minute, before he roided out on an airplane. Let's revisit that idea. He'd be great! Or put Cena with Cryme Tyme again, minus the poopy jokes. And have three niggas gunning after three rich white guys.

RatedGSuperstar
02-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Post-Mania (or post-Trips feud, if they continue it on for a few more months), it would just work better to have the Legacy start to dominate the Raw roster as heels until your top faces just get tired of getting tripled teamed in their matches. You don't even need a stable for this, just have them band together in a loose alliance to take down Legacy.

Actually, forget about that. In the WWE's eyes, that just screams "OMFG~! CENA AND DX VS. LEGACY! BREAK IT DOWN LOLZ!1!"

BigDaddyCool
02-26-2009, 09:44 AM
No, a stable whose main goal is simply to oppose Legacy is retarded.

Kane Knight
02-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Howabout an actual anti-legacy? John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, and Christian (If he's done jobbing on a show nobody watches)?

Anybody Thrilla
02-26-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm not too thrilled about this idea, and if it were to go down, it shouldn't be for QUITE some time down the road. Maybe after Randy Orton has had a title reign that rivaled the length of John Cena's and Priceless has established themselves as...well, anything, really.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, there should be no opposing stable until Legacy has outright dominated Raw for a significant period of time. Like, just out right run over whoever stepped in their way.

Heyman
02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Would you like to see a face stable of second/third generation wrestlers to fight against Legacy?

Joe Hennig, Brett DiBiase and Ricky Steamboat, Jr. are three names I'll just throw out there. Would something like that work? Is it putting too many green guys in one place?

It depends:

If this 'anti-legacy' stable is dealing purely with Dibiase and Rhodes, then maybe. If Orton is involved however, then this opposing stable will need a main-event guy.

It would be ASTRONOMICALLY ill-advised for the WWE to have a bunch of rookies going up against the WWE's #1 stable (along with arguably the WWE's biggest superstar).

Here are a few 'stables' that I wouldn't mind seeing going up against Legacy:

-John Cena & Cryme Tyme.

-Triple H, Shawn Michaels......and a returning Kevin Nash.

For one PPV and one PPV only, Kevin Nash joins HBK and HHH to face off against Legacy (this is probably unrealistic but maybe the WWE and TNA can work out a deal where Nash makes the PPV appearance with HHH/HBK...along with maybe 1 or 2 RAW's).

If Kevin Nash can't be a part of it, then get X-Pac or Scott Hall.

BigDaddyCool
02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't mind see some other stables form with the intent of one day going against legacy. But to slap together a stable of rookies with the sole goal of fighting Legacy is just silly and short sighted. After they defeat Legacy, what do they do?

Heyman
02-26-2009, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't mind see some other stables form with the intent of one day going against legacy. But to slap together a stable of rookies with the sole goal of fighting Legacy is just silly and short sighted. After they defeat Legacy, what do they do?

To an extent, I guess it would give them a slight 'rub' (i.e. when the Radicalz debuted against DX back in 2000). After that though, they would need to find some other ways to get over.

The Union (Shamrock, Mankind, Show, Test) is another example of a stable that became useless after they banded for the sole purpose of opposing the corporation.

Speaking of stables, I think it would be cool if Undertaker recruited 2-3 new 'apprentices' to groom in a new Ministry of Darkness. Maybe at some point, a stable like that could oppose Legacy. :?:

Savio
02-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Maybe eventually. Not anytime soon though.

Vastardikai
02-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Post-Mania (or post-Trips feud, if they continue it on for a few more months), it would just work better to have the Legacy start to dominate the Raw roster as heels until your top faces just get tired of getting tripled teamed in their matches. You don't even need a stable for this, just have them band together in a loose alliance to take down Legacy.

Actually, forget about that. In the WWE's eyes, that just screams "OMFG~! CENA AND DX VS. LEGACY! BREAK IT DOWN LOLZ!1!"

All I know is this:

It better lead to War Games.

Mr. C
02-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Put Cryme Tyme with John Cena again post-Mania.

Krimzon7
02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Put Cryme Tyme with John Cena again post-Mania.

I already said that :p

Vastardikai
02-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I already said that :p

It follows a classic rule of wrestling: all the black people should either team together or feud against each other.

Krimzon7
02-26-2009, 07:42 PM
I actually liked the chemistry that NRU had.

Savio
02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
I heard shad might be released?

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Then it might be different. But it would defeat the purpose of getting all second/third gen guys. And you are not allowed to put Chavo in there.

I like the possibility of a couple of them banding together and taking on Rhodes/DiBiase. But I think Orton will probably be focused on singles business for the most part, kind of like how HHH and the Outlaws were both in DX but each had separate roles (singles/tag) and would come together for promos and the occasional brawl and big match.

How about Finlay or even Goldust?

That "Orton does singles stuff while Legacy operates away from him" is pretty much what I had in mind. It seems that Legacy just tag-along with Orton, anyway. If they had their own program, I think they could function without Orton there with them 24/7.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2009, 08:43 PM

They go onto other things?

How hard would it be to insert them into the IC Title scene? Hell, you could even have one of them win the IC Title, and then have the others gun after it, turning it into a friendly-competitive rivalry. As Heyman said, it'd just be a rub for these new guys to say "Hey, respect the past, you guys are being assholes."

BigDaddyCool
02-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Well, yes the would have to go on to other things, but the stable's mission has been accomplished if all they are is an anti-Legacy stable, therefore there is no reason to keep them together afterwards. It is like running an anyone but Bush campain, it doesn't work long term. My argument isn't against forming stables, I love stables with goals of dominating and taking titles. But groups of guys slapped together to defeat another stable never really works.

Also, why would you insert a group of 3 or 4 guys (I'm assuming that is the size of the stable) all into the same IC title scene once the fued was done?

I guess I'm saying your idea here is very myopic.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Well, yes the would have to go on to other things, but the stable's mission has been accomplished if all they are is an anti-Legacy stable, therefore there is no reason to keep them together afterwards. It is like running an anyone but Bush campain, it doesn't work long term. My argument isn't against forming stables, I love stables with goals of dominating and taking titles. But groups of guys slapped together to defeat another stable never really works.

Also, why would you insert a group of 3 or 4 guys (I'm assuming that is the size of the stable) all into the same IC title scene once the fued was done?

I guess I'm saying your idea here is very myopic.

Has there ever been a true stable designed specifically to battle another? The closest I can really think of is The Union, but those wrestlers really had nothing in common. There would be a little more "similarity" between the wrestlers in this faction.

Also, while I do appreciate long-term booking, if the point of a stable is to battle another stable, and they achieve that goal, why is that a bad thing? Why do they need to stick together for years and years and years? Why can't three or four young second/third generation guys use this as a springboard to get them into the company as strong faces -- other than just showing up and saying "Hi, I'm this guy's son" -- and then move onto the things they would have done without being part of the stable?

I guess I am only suggesting it as a temporary thing. Is that necessarily a horrid idea?

The reason I could then insert those guys into the IC Title scene (just an example, there are many ways you could go with them), is because the IC Title scene is currently weak, and if the fans have invested into these guys as a talented young men who help each other out, they could very easily buy into these guys all trying to prove they were the best out of the that group.

Just a random idea: You do go through with the stable, they get their licks in on Orton's boys, and then one of them wins the IC Title. The others say "Hey man, I want a shot." You get some matches held in good sportsmanship over the next few weeks, but eventually one of the faces ends up being attacked backstage. It turns into an angle of "Which one of us did this?" It turns out it was some other heel looking to edge into the IC Title scene, perhaps with some guys backing him, and you can reunite the stable, and give them more longer term goals.

BigDaddyCool
02-27-2009, 11:03 AM
No, that is gay. Licking Orton's boys then licking each other? That is super gay and will not do. You are done.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2009, 11:05 AM
No, that is gay. Licking Orton's boys then licking each other? That is super gay and will not do. You are done.

I didn't mean literally licking, BDC. :roll:

I should have probably chosen less gay wording, though. :-\

BigDaddyCool
02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
You better not want to litterally lick BDC. You are so fucking gay.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2009, 11:16 AM
You better not want to litterally lick BDC. You are so fucking gay.

BDC, no offense, but if I was going to go gay for someone on these boards, it wouldn't be you. You don't have to worry about getting a licking from me.

BigDaddyCool
02-27-2009, 01:02 PM
What the fuck ever. I'm a bear, gays love that.

FourFifty
02-27-2009, 01:08 PM
While I would like to see an anti-legacy stable I'd rather see it with indy guys. Pretty much "While all of you were getting this industry handed to you on a silver platter we were busting our asses off to get here!"

BigDaddyCool
02-27-2009, 01:22 PM
While I would like to see an anti-legacy stable I'd rather see it with indy guys. Pretty much "While all of you were getting this industry handed to you on a silver platter we were busting our asses off to get here!"

A possible leader could be a CM Punk. But we all know Vince doesn't like reconizing that other wrestling promotions exist.

FourFifty
02-27-2009, 01:44 PM
They don't have to mention where exactly they came from.
"While all of you were getting the front door opened for you by CEOs because of your last name we were training and learning out skill in backyards, bingo halls, high school gyms, just for a shot to be picked up WWE's training camp in Florida. We worked our butts off for a chance!"

But yea, Punk would be a good leader.

Krimzon7
02-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Meh.

thedamndest
02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
They could get Scotty Gold..oh.

The Legacy v. The Future Endeavorers

Kane Knight
02-27-2009, 04:18 PM
They could get Scotty Gold..oh.

The Legacy v. The Future Endeavorers

Why would WWE acknowledge TNA?

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2009, 10:50 PM
What the fuck ever. I'm a bear, gays love that.

How many gays have you had, BDC?

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2009, 10:53 PM
I just read the latest lot of FCW taping results, and the dark match saw Maverick Darsow, Brett DiBiase & Tank Mulligan team up to take on three other guys. No, it's not an official stable, or anything, but I just thought I'd point it out.

As for the "independent group," I don't quite mind it. CM Punk and Kofi Kingston had plenty of cause to face Orton and Legacy after Punk and Kofi were attacked at Unforgiven last year, but that never went anywhere.

Krimzon7
02-28-2009, 09:40 AM
I think the best thing for Legacy now, is to come out of Mania looking good. Then Rhodes should take the IC title right at the Draft Show in good ole HOTlanta. This Raw should begin to unveil the 'manifest destiny' of Randy Orton... He should continue to have heat from the McMahons, and Legacy should start Dominating Raw.

Triple Naitch
02-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Nice Manifest Destiny history reference :y:

Krimzon7
02-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Yes, thanks proof possible that any stable that opposes The Legacy would be uber fucked.