PDA

View Full Version : Whose face/heel alignment doesn't make sense?

Mr. Nerfect
02-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Just thought I'd make a thread in regards to faces and heels in professional wrestling, and guys you can't understand why they get cheered or booed in a storyline sense.

For example: The Undertaker. The man sends people to hell and at one stage threatened the life of Vickie Guerrero. What a top-notch citizen.

thedamndest
02-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Jeff Hardy is a drug abuser with two strikes to the wellness policy and very little charisma. I cannot understand how he gets cheers.

Lux
02-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Because humanity as we know it is finally understanding that we all have faults Theddy, oh that and he shakes his hair sweat on teenage girls.

Noid, ... exactly my point.

Triple Naitch
02-28-2009, 08:43 AM
A couple months ago on Raw, when Cena absolutely beat down on Chris Jericho. Jericho was dressed in civilian clothes. He was not ready to fight. Cena hits a cheap shot and would not stop beating him.

Nicky Fives
02-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Jeff Hardy comes to mind...... X-Pac as well.....everyone hated him legit, yet he was awesome in the ring for his size.....

Xero
02-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Because humanity as we know it is finally understanding that we all have faults Theddy, oh that and he shakes his hair sweat on teenage girls.

Noid, ... exactly my point.

By that logic, Punk should be heel.

But really, from a STORYLINE standpoint (as Noid requested), Hardy makes complete sense.

Austin didn't make sense up until his heel turn at Mania 17. Then when he turned back face he was more of a true face character.

BigDaddyCool
02-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Orton attack Steph and gets booed. Anyone attacks Vickie, and they get cheered.

Hell, say something negative to Steph or about Steph to HHH, and that makes you a heel. Take shots a Vickie to her or Edge makes you a face.

On top of this Steph and Vickie are both female GMs so they are the best comparison in the whole wrestling sence for this topic.

DAMN iNATOR
02-28-2009, 10:55 AM
I wish Cena would turn heel, even though from a logical standpoint, 99.9% of audiences (and Cena's evil identical twin) would still probably defiantly cheer him. But, I guess I have to, albeit reluctantly, admit, that for now, the "You can't run, and you can't hide, Edge and Vickie" storyline makes sense for him to be a face, although obviously with Cena, even if the crowds aren't as mixed as they used to be, either that or WWE edits the crowd reaction to Cena at televised events, there are going to be those who will always love him no matter what, and those that despise him. I am proud to say that until/unless he turns heel, I am in the latter camp.

Rammsteinmad
02-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Austin Stunners people all the time, even faces. Surely he's a bad guy!

Lux
02-28-2009, 02:58 PM
People cheer Jeff because they want someone to get behind who isn't the typical person to get behind if you will, theres a reason he is called an Enigma.

Lux
02-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Also he has a sharp stick he keeps in his pocket :shifty:

Krimzon7
02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Sting switched to very heelish antics and sheep still cheered him.

DAMN iNATOR
02-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Also he has a sharp stick he keeps in his pocket :shifty:

Maybe he's just happy to see you...

Mooияakeя™
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Santino.

Why boo him, he's fooken hilario.

Afterlife
02-28-2009, 08:00 PM
People began cheering MVP because he became a total pussy who couldn't win.

Krimzon7
02-28-2009, 10:49 PM
That's more human nature isn't it? The masses love a good underdog story. People like to see somebody get knocked down and fight their way up.

FourFifty
02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
CM Punk as a face.
Sex, drugs, and rock & roll will always be cool. Hell, that was the fuel for the last major boom period we've seen. Punk can only be for rock & roll, because his lifestyle/gimmick looks down upon the first two. While two out of three ain't bad, one out of three kinda sucks. Punk as a face is great for the mindless kids that they're feeding the product to, but not for more legit fans.

Afterlife
03-01-2009, 01:39 AM
That's more human nature isn't it? The masses love a good underdog story. People like to see somebody get knocked down and fight their way up.

Yeah, but they cheered him just because he lost more and more. Not because he was an underdog. Funaki is an underdog. MVP was on top of his game. The most you could say is he had become a Rocky Blackboa story. But even then, there was no good reason to cheer for him: "That guy is an arrogant twat who seems to have hit a slump. I like him now!"

Krimzon7
03-01-2009, 04:59 AM
AL, you make a good point. he went from generating the third highest amount of heat on SD! to getting face chants, without really changing from being the king of bilng. Maybe it was because he was facing Kizarny? or maybe they put him up against THE heat machine, Vickie, during the HHH/Vickie mini tussle.

Jeritron
03-01-2009, 05:19 AM
In the attitude era, none of them.

I loved how the All American Hero Kurt Angle was a heat magnet, while the heels ran wild as the faces

Afterlife
03-01-2009, 09:21 AM
In the attitude era, none of them.

I loved how the All American Hero Kurt Angle was a heat magnet, while the heels ran wild as the faces

You know, for the longest time, I was like "Why are these stupid fucking fans cheering for Rock and Austin? Rock is an arrogant douche and Austin attacks EVERYbody!" Used to piss me off.

Triple Naitch
03-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Stone Cold Steve Austin should not be supported for promoting alcoholism.

Krimzon7
03-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Brother Love! he wanted to spread love and happiness and people hated his guts