PDA

View Full Version : Feuds that never involved a match.

Xero
03-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I know it's a strange question, but I was just wondering if there have been feuds which weren't dropped prematurely and which never culminated or involved a match - either directly or indirectly (interference, manger, etc). Strictly promos and angles.

I can't think of any.

thedamndest
03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Did Christian ever get his title match with Cena?

Angelina2K
03-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Did Christian ever get his title match with Cena?

Depends if you count the 3-way between him, Cena & Jericho at Vengeance 05

Zeeboe
03-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Piper and Y2J in 2003. They had a war of words going on for a while. I was hoping to see a match between those two.

Jeritron
03-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Jericho and Goldberg IN WCW. When Goldberg showed up in WWE, his first real program was a continuation and conclusion to that fued, which I thought was great.

However, in WCW it never made it to the ring. Just the entrance way ramp spear and then it was gone.

Savio
03-02-2009, 01:59 AM
DDP vs David Arquette?

thedamndest
03-02-2009, 02:19 AM
I think they did us a favor.

The Mackem
03-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Did Piper/Flair ever have a big match in WWF? I'm kinda expecting something would have happened outside the main events like on a SNME or something but it was a match that I expected to happen late 91 or during 92 that I never got to see. Think they were team captains at Survivor Series and I guess they must have had a match either before or after Royal Rumble 92 ending their feud.

Loose Cannon
03-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't recall Flair/Piper ever having a big match. Maybe House shows.

one big one that comes to mind was Jake Roberts/Ultimate Warrior in 91. They built up the storyline for about a month, but then Warrior got canned after Summerslam 91.

Looking back though it may have been a blessing because we got the awesome Savage/Roberts feud instead.

Hogan/Flair never really had a singles match on TV in WWF 92. All house shows. And they built that up ever since Flair came in.

Nailz/Taker was set to happen and the two had a brif encounter on TV, but Nailz was soon fired for choking Vince (lol)

Now Sting/Flair have had a million matches on TV, but back in early 1990, they were suppossed to start there long long run with each other. Sting became a Horsemen in December of 89. The Horsemen kicked him out at the Clash X in Feb I believe. That same night, Sting ran down to attack Flair in the six man tag match main event and he got injured and was shleved for a while. Sting's spot went to Luger and Flair/Sting would eventually meet at GAB '90.

I'll think of more

Savio
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Vince vs Linda McMahon

Lock Jaw
03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Years back, when JBL and HHH were both respective champs of their brands, they exchanged words at some PPVs, and I thought it was leading to some JBL/HHH thing, but it never did.

Stickman
03-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Bubba Ray vs HHH?

Dudley had an awesome promo on HHH and I thought it would almost lead to a Main Event match on some crappy PPV.

hb2k
03-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Christ, some of Russo's shit.

GD
03-04-2009, 07:28 AM
We had King vs. Tazz so I consider that King vs. Joey Styles never happened.

Loose Cannon
03-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Bubba Ray vs HHH?

Dudley had an awesome promo on HHH and I thought it would almost lead to a Main Event match on some crappy PPV.

I think they did have a match on Raw, no?

GD
03-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Lita and Tommy Dreamer had a feud and I guess she pinned him in a tag match if that counts.

Zeeboe
03-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I recall Lesnar had a run-in with the nWo, and it ended with a face-off between Lesnar and Nash.

Juan
03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Lux vs. Kane86

Mr. JL
03-05-2009, 01:01 AM
There was a mini angle when Shawn Michaels superkicked Booker T out of the nWo back in 2002. I think Booker T went on afterward to feud with Big Show and X-Pac and called out Shawn a couple times. No match ever came out of it, but it would have been pretty sweet.

Jeritron
03-05-2009, 01:37 AM
About Shawn vs Booker: I think Shawn vs Booker was originally supposed to be the Trump vs McMahon match. HHH got hurt, and Shawn had to take his spot in the main event.

Loose Cannon
03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
There was a mini angle when Shawn Michaels superkicked Booker T out of the nWo back in 2002. I think Booker T went on afterward to feud with Big Show and X-Pac and called out Shawn a couple times. No match ever came out of it, but it would have been pretty sweet.

yea, problem there was Shawn still wasn't wrestling. he was just a mouthpiece. that whole nWo angle looked awesome with them trying to sway Hunter to join them. but it never panned out

Savio
03-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't think pillman ever faced Shane Douglas

Loose Cannon
03-06-2009, 10:53 PM
good one. you're right

Jeritron
03-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Johnny Nitro and Mick Foley

Zeeboe
03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
The Rock and Y2J is another one. It all just ended within one episode. Shame too. Could have been a good "battle of the mic skills" kinda feud, and I have no doubt they could have both put on a good series of matches.

The Ultimate Warrior and The Undertaker is another, and Papa Shango and the Warrior as well.

Xero
03-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Didn't realize there were this many. :y:

Theo Dious
03-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Looking back though it may have been a blessing because we got the awesome Savage/Roberts feud instead.

And then the awesome Taker/Roberts feud. I submit this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjIFYyCWS3g&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjIFYyCWS3g&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Theo Dious
03-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Hogan/Flair never really had a singles match on TV in WWF 92. All house shows. And they built that up ever since Flair came in.

Yeah the closest they got was a quick exchange at Royal Rumble '92.

Loose Cannon
03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
The Rock and Y2J is another one. It all just ended within one episode. Shame too. Could have been a good "battle of the mic skills" kinda feud, and I have no doubt they could have both put on a good series of matches.

The Ultimate Warrior and The Undertaker is another, and Papa Shango and the Warrior as well.

Warrior faced Undertaker on tons of occasions and he also faced Shango as well.

Loose Cannon
03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
And then the awesome Taker/Roberts feud. I submit this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjIFYyCWS3g&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjIFYyCWS3g&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yea, Jake had one of the best runs in terms of storylines in that period.

Zeeboe
03-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Warrior faced Undertaker on tons of occasions and he also faced Shango as well.

I guess my memory was fuzzy. It's been a while. Now that I think more about it, I actually now wanna post I think I do recall watching them compete on Coliseum home video matches, but I don't remember ever watching them in any big PPV matches. That's probably where I got confused. Anyhow, yeah, the Jake Roberts/Undertaker feud was great too, but they wrestled at Wrestlemania 8.

NeanderCarl
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Sid Justice vs Jake Roberts

Undertaker vs Nailz (was even featured on the front cover of WWF Magazine)

Triple H vs nWo

Was going to say Howard Finkel vs Harvey Wippleman but then I remembered the Tuxedo matches. Yikes.

Undertaker vs Mr Hughes. Hughes beat up Paul Bearer and stole the urn, but I don't think they ever had a televised match.

NeanderCarl
03-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs Mr Perfect

shadowfoxrz
03-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Santino/Austin would be match of all the times :shifty:

Zeeboe
04-02-2009, 08:28 PM
I recall Lesnar had a run-in with the nWo, and it ended with a face-off between Lesnar and Nash.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXFR3yCjCAs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXFR3yCjCAs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Show Off
04-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Jericho and Goldberg IN WCW. When Goldberg showed up in WWE, his first real program was a continuation and conclusion to that fued, which I thought was great.

However, in WCW it never made it to the ring. Just the entrance way ramp spear and then it was gone.

What the hell are you talking about Jericho beat him 3 times don't you remember...

Jericho: 3
Greenberg: 0

:shifty:

KayfabeMan
04-03-2009, 03:38 AM
The Gobbledy Gooker and "Mean" Gene Okerlund comes to mind....

KayfabeMan
04-03-2009, 03:38 AM
:shifty: