PDA

View Full Version : Great two-way acting moments

BCWWF
03-05-2009, 09:52 AM
I thought of this when the old drugged-up pop star from Love Actually recently did that movie where he was like a vampire or something. Didn't see that coming.

But I still think the best is Christopher Meloni going from the take-no-shit detective on Law and Order: SVU to playing Gene, the horny Vietnam Vet camp cook in Wet Hot American Summer.

Others?

parkmania
03-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Bryan Cranston, the dad from Malcolm in the Middle, becoming a Meth-cooking-and-selling Chemistry teacher in Breaking Bad.

ct2k
03-05-2009, 04:35 PM
De Niro in Raging Bull and De Niro in King of Comedy. And some people say he was typecast:-\

Jeritron
03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Wasn't Wet Hot American Summer before he was on Law & Order?

Triple Naitch
03-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Robert Reed. From Mr. Brady to a plantation owner on Roots to AIDs.

thedamndest
03-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Meloni was also Creature in Harold and Kumar.

Lock Jaw
03-05-2009, 07:26 PM
The dad on Boy Meets World being the racist dad in American History X. Forget the curbstomp or anything else, that was the most disturbing thing about the movie.

thedamndest
03-05-2009, 08:05 PM
You can pick just about anyone from a TV show and find a movie role that's completely the opposite of them. That hot female Jigsaw from the Saw movies was the absent-minded receptionist in Becker. BECKER. Actually, starring in Becker would make me want to kill people too.

Lock Jaw
03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face. :shifty:

BCWWF
03-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Wasn't Wet Hot American Summer before he was on Law & Order?

Does it matter?

BCWWF
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
You can pick just about anyone from a TV show and find a movie role that's completely the opposite of them. That hot female Jigsaw from the Saw movies was the absent-minded receptionist in Becker. BECKER. Actually, starring in Becker would make me want to kill people too.

This isn't just playing two different characters. I don't know the woman in your example (kind of a weird person to choose to prove your point), but I kind of gather that neither character was particularly noteworthy.

Nowhere Man
03-08-2009, 03:41 AM
The dad on Boy Meets World being the racist dad in American History X. Forget the curbstomp or anything else, that was the most disturbing thing about the movie.

Not to mention seeing that Donkey-lips from Salute Your Shorts grew up to be a neo-Nazi.

thedamndest
03-08-2009, 05:13 AM
This isn't just playing two different characters. I don't know the woman in your example (kind of a weird person to choose to prove your point), but I kind of gather that neither character was particularly noteworthy.

Zach Braff from Scrubs starring in Garden State.

Jeritron
03-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Jeff Spicoli and Harvey Milk

PorkSoda
03-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Whats a two way acting moment? Two people acting with eath other? Durrrr!

Cause if so, I was watching Die Hard WAV, L Jackson and Willis did great together.

Skippord
03-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I know right

ct2k
03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Guys

Jim Carrey in almost everything he ever did and then in Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine? Amzn

Triple Naitch
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Jeff Spicoli and Harvey Milk

I was going to say Jeff Spicoli and I Am Sam, but they are pretty much the same character.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Christopher Meloni was also playing Chris Keller on Oz (a convicted felon who also tortured and killed male sex partners) at the same time he was playing Elliot Stabler on SVU (a dedicated NYC police detective trying to catch sex offenders). Meloni has been all over the shop.

Good Ol JG
03-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Hugh Laurie going from Blackadder to House was a pretty interesting leap.

Since we're talking about Oz characters, JK Simmons from Vern Schillinger, a Neo-Nazi murderer, rapist and overall asshole playing Dr. Skoda, a child psychologist on the original Law and Order was a pretty big jump.

Triple Naitch
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
The guy from P.S. I Love You and Grey's Anatomy to The Comedian in Watchmen.