PDA

View Full Version : Damn...

Vastardikai
03-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Sometimes working at a rental car company has its perks...

gentleman in a WWEHD jacket comes in for a rental. I, preferring to watch the Mentalist on Tuesday, was like "I presume you're not an Independant Contractor." he's like "We all are." I reply "Oh, I thought you were part of the road crew." He doesn't say a word. I think he's pissed. He leaves and I bid him farewell.

Turns out it was ECW announcer Justin Roberts.

Just... damn.

Xero
03-07-2009, 02:14 PM
:rofl:

thedamndest
03-07-2009, 02:15 PM
They have WWEHD jackets now?

Xero
03-07-2009, 02:16 PM
How do they compare to WWER(eal)L(ife) jackets?

thedamndest
03-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I wonder who he rides with. I'd like to think he's nailing Alicia Fox, but that jacket suggests he's just riding with Grisham (and probably not nailing him).

Vastardikai
03-07-2009, 02:27 PM
I didn't see anyone with him.

GD
03-07-2009, 02:28 PM
:rofl:

Xero
03-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Anyone else have any other stories about insulting wrestlers?

Vastardikai
03-07-2009, 02:30 PM
The jacket itself is khaki, and actually kind of nice. has the WWEHD logo on the left breast pocket. I'd wear it in public.

Then again, I wear Death metal T-shirts in public, too.

Droford
03-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Justin Roberts is on Smackdown now though.

Vastardikai
03-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I work Fridays and don't have that channel.

In any event it makes sense, as it is a Smackdown House Show tonight.

thedamndest
03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Actually yeah. When I was a wee Thedric I attended a house show, and there was a superstar meet and greet portion if you got certain tickets. I got that and ended up getting Marty Jannetty and Bob Holly's autographs. After that, there was still time before the show, so my dad and I were wandering around the area and we ran into Sir Mo and some guy sitting there. He said he would give us an autograph if we didn't draw attention to him, because he wasn't supposed to be part of the meet and greet I guess. Fair deal. So we talked a bit about his life as Sir Mo, all mark stuff, and then we left, totally ignoring the other guy.

The other guy was Savio Vega.

Xero
03-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Actually yeah. When I was a wee Thedric I attended a house show, and there was a superstar meet and greet portion if you got certain tickets. I got that and ended up getting Marty Jannetty and Bob Holly's autographs. After that, there was still time before the show, so my dad and I were wandering around the area and we ran into Sir Mo and some guy sitting there. He said he would give us an autograph if we didn't draw attention to him, because he wasn't supposed to be part of the meet and greet I guess. Fair deal. So we talked a bit about his life as Sir Mo, all mark stuff, and then we left, totally ignoring the other guy.

LOL

Theo Dious
03-08-2009, 11:54 AM

So you ignored Savio Vega... wrestling fans have been doing that for a decade.

thedamndest
03-08-2009, 01:02 PM
We have a secret handshake.

screech
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Not about insulting a wrestler, but there was a wrestler involved.

I went to a Behind Enemy Lines DVD signing to meet Kennedy and, like everyone else there, was super excited and nervous. The whole time I was waiting in line, I was thinking of what I could say to him or ask him, not paying much attention to anything else. When I got up there, his co-star, Joe Manganiello (Flash Thompson from the SpiderMan movies) was sitting next to him. I introduced myself to both of them and asked Kennedy when he was returning to the ring, completely ignoring the fact that Joe was there. I felt pretty bad, and in the picture I got with them he looks less than thrilled.

When I was leaving, I noticed a sign at the bottom of the stairs leading up to them. It read something along the lines of: "Meet the star of Behind Enemy Lines III, Mr. Kennedy, and co-star Joe Manganiello."

Krimzon7
03-08-2009, 07:41 PM
We have a secret handshake.

does it include frowing your face, and shrugging your shoulders?

Triple Naitch
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Back as a young Carlton Banks, I went to Universal Studios while on vacation in Florida. This was when WCW used to host shows there for TV tapings. While waiting in line, my mom makes friends with some old lady that goes to every single show. I've seen wrestlers on TV go up to her and shake her hand during their entrances. So this young guy walks up and starts talking to her in front of me, as I'm paying no attention. I thought it was her grandson. Turns out it was Billy Kidman.

Juan
03-08-2009, 10:10 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/Nichkrotick/DAMNRonSimmons-1.jpg

(Had to be done)

thedamndest
03-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I wonder if it is eating ABT up that out of all the people's autograph's to have I have Mo from Men on a Mission. I kind of want to send it to him.

Cactus Jack 54
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
At a house show, my friends and I cheered for Kid Kash and Jamie Noble when they were "The New Pitbulls". After the match they hopped off the ring apron and came over to us. We stuck out our hands and said that they had a great match (they did). If they didn't want to go kayfabe, they would have shook our hands. It was kinda cool. Not very funny, but cool.

Ironically, that was the same match when we told Brian Kendrick that we really liked his pink kneepads. He said thanks. It was kinda funny...