PDA

View Full Version : So, what about Vince?

Xero
03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
The last time we saw him was the Punt angle. He also was not part of last year's Mania, except setting up the Flair storyline, which is similar to this year with the Orton storyline.

Do you think he's going to factor into Mania somehow? If not, when will he return?

Discuss.

Kane86
03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
As long as he doesn't take up 2 hours of the show talking about nothing like he always does everytime he gets on tv. You know he does that shit on purpose.

Xero
03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Homo

Ruien
03-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I do not think he will be in any major storylines again, like the old days.

Xero
03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I do not think he will be in any major storylines again, like the old days.

I agree to an extent, but I do believe he has to be in a major storyline to finally relinquish his power entirely. The biggest on-screen promoter of all time just silently handing it over just doesn't jive well.

NeanderCarl
03-09-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't think he will ever relinquish his power (on-screen or off).

The fact that the egomaniacal Vince McMahon, who for years insisted on being portrayed as a ballsy tough guy on TV even as a heel, has allowed himself to be referred to constantly as an "old man" even by his supporters during this angle implies to me that Vince is finally prepared to give up his 'brave, macho' character in order to portray his Chairman character as an ageing legend.

Based on his most recent appearances, I doubt he will ever be a major storyline-driving heel ever again, nor wrestle unless it is to be squashed... he'll just be a guy used as a starting point, but I can see him migrating into being an ageing, Machiavellian "Mr. Burns" type megalomaniac character (albeit more of a tweener), but only showing up now and again. I think his days of personally, physically feuding with wrestlers is over, but he will still get others to do his bidding for him.

Volare
03-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Why do I have a hunch that he might turn on Trips and side with Orton...saying that the punt to the head made him realize that Orton is the future...or somthing like that.

FourFifty
03-11-2009, 01:57 AM
10 bucks says he's putting SCSA into the Hall of Fame.

Rammsteinmad
03-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Personally I don't wanna see him at Wrestlemania unless it's like WM20 where he'll come out for five minutes, thank the fans for the support throughout the last 24 Wrestlemanias, and then welcome out the Hall of Fame class of 2009.