PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2 Question

PorkSoda
03-27-2004, 07:35 PM
This has been happening for like 2-3 months or so. Everytime I start playing Smackdown Here Comes The Pain, and I get into a match, about a minute or so into it the PS2 will start making noises, its like the noises a computer makes when its loading something or downloading something. It will also start making some clicking type noises. When I play Exhibition, the game will follow through and bring me back to the main menu, however, when I do Season, after a match, and after all the clicking noises and all, the game will just completely freeze, and continue with the clicking noises and all.

Anyone know what the noise is, and if I can fix it? Would be appreciated, thanks :)

Champion of Europa
03-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Clean your PS2.

Penner
03-27-2004, 07:52 PM
lol mine makes mad noises

but i think its because its chipped

Mr.Violent J
03-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Clean your PS2.

If that doesn't work be prepared to buy another PS2 or send it to Sony to get it fixed. When you clean it use Q-tips and rubbing alchohol. Before you take it apart though use a vaccum to suck out the dust from all he exhaust vents and fan area. DO NOT use compressed air or anything that blows INTO the PS2. Then you will have dust flying around into parts it really really really should not be.

OssMan
03-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Get your PS2 refurbished. Don't think it costs that much

ilt_undertaker
03-27-2004, 10:33 PM
<font color=Silver>Mine's way doin the same thing, and I just went and got a new one</font>

PorkSoda
03-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Alright...how do you clean it, lol

Like...with Q-tips and rubbinb alcohal, where should you do that and how do you take it apart?

Joe Kerr
03-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Alright...how do you clean it, lol

Like...with Q-tips and rubbinb alcohal, where should you do that and how do you take it apart?
I wouldnt recomend taking it apart...take it to radio Shack they fix PS2's cheap