PDA

View Full Version : Another Bret Hart Interview

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Bret Hart: I just thought that somebody preempted my run. For somebody like Hulk Hogan, when he was on his run, nobody preempted it. Everyone was happy to make him. But when I needed some of the bigger guys to make me, especially some of the bigger names like Jake Roberts or Ultimate Warrior or Hogan, when it came to passing the torch down and doing me a favor&I had always been loyal, working my ass off on their undercards and I was always respectful of those guys and paid my dues, but I always felt short changed by some of those guys who didn’t do anything to help me. And that was a critical time in the business. The wrestling business back then was kind of like the stock market right now. There were some tough times business-wise, and everyone was fearful of the future, especially after they implemented the drug testing. But they handed me the ball, and back then I was only six feet tall, I wasn’t a giant, I didn’t have 24-inch arms, and I wasn’t a good interview. Then all of a sudden I found myself carrying the torch at a tough time and trying my hardest.

Hart continued, “If you look at wrestling when I started to get my big break back in 1992, I changed wrestling from the cartoons of Hulk Hogan and Iron Sheik and the matches with the leg drop and the hand behind the ear and the playing to the crowd. They were just cartoon characters if you ask me. Hogan had the same match every night for years and so did Warrior. They didn’t tell great stories, to be honest. I went out there and had those matches with Piper and Perfect and the match with Davey at Wembley. I went out there and tried to have great matches all the time, and it wasn’t about Bret Hart, it was about these matches. I think I changed the style of wrestling, and even today, there’s not another Hulk Hogan out there, it’s guys like Edge, and it’s all about work rate. When you see Bret Hart versus Steve Austin, it just seemed so much more real than Hulk Hogan versus Sgt. Slaughter. All of the storylines started to be more realistic and the belt started to mean more. I made the belt seem like the world to me and to my fans. I kind of pat myself on the back today and think that I did more good for professional wrestling than people realize.”

Whine some more you bitter old bastard. "Nobody handed me the torch, boohoo."

ron the dial
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM
i read the first few sentences and had to stop. he's boring.

Blue Demon
03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
:foc:

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
i read the first few sentences and had to stop. he's boring.

Exactly, he is always bitching about how everyone screwed him and he was just doing his best.

BTW, I did some research and it turns out that it wasn't Bret screwing Bret, or Shawn, or Vince, or Hebner. Actaully, Chris Candido screwed Bret viscarously through Sunny.

Anybody Thrilla
03-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Did you even read that whole thing? He didn't say anything ridiculous or wrong.

Lara Emily
03-10-2009, 02:49 PM
So wait he was asked if he was upset that Hogan never gave him a match and he gave an honest answer and that's bad?

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I did. He just starts off bitching which turns me off. Plus it is old news that Hogan didn't pass the torch, and the other guys he named are selfish pricks.

BigDaddyCool
So wait he was asked if he was upset that Hogan never gave him a match and he gave an honest answer and that's bad?

Duh.

Anybody Thrilla
Was that in response to a question about Hogan?

Lara Emily
03-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Was that in response to a question about Hogan?
yeah

Bret said things changed drastically in WWE when WWE started drug testing in 1992 and made the transition from muscle heads (Hogan, Warrior, Legion of Doom) to the workers (Bret, Shawn Michaels, Marty Janetty). When asked whether he was upset that Hulk Hogan never gave him a match at WrestleMania, he replied:
Bret Hart: I just thought that somebody preempted my run. For somebody like Hulk Hogan, when he was on his run, nobody preempted it.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Fucking Ryan Clarke's shitty editing. Hold on, I'm getting the full interview.

Anybody Thrilla
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Typical BDC. Shitting on Bret Hart for no reason.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3965564

WWE Legends: Bret Hart Interview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Jon Robinson

The Hart Foundation, Vince McMahon, alcohol and a strip club. Sounds like a recipe for a riot. But to legendary "Hitman" Bret Hart, this combination led to one of the craziest off-camera moments in what Hart calls the "cartoon world" of professional wrestling.

"I was celebrating because my brother Owen had come into town," Hart says as he breaks down the story. "It was his first day back and at the time, I was the Intercontinental champion. And being the Intercontinental champion, back then it gave you some security that you wouldn't get fired the next day. They needed you. They couldn't afford to fire the champion for whatever.

"I remember The Road Warriors were talking to [Hulk] Hogan, and Hogan was really gearing them up because they swore up and down that they were going to do their finishing move on Vince as soon as they saw him that night. I was listening to them, and I really thought they were going to do it. They were joking around that if Vince walked into the bar, they were going to do it. But it was rare for Vince to ever go into a bar and everyone knew it.

But that night, the strip bar was just packed with people, and what do you know, in walks Vince. I don't know why he showed up. I think it's because they were going to start drug testing. We had a big meeting that day on how they were going to start real drug testing and it was going to be for steroids, so there was a lot of concern with the wrestlers about life without steroids. I remember, it wasn't a big deal to me. I thought if everyone else was off steroids, it might be better for me. I wasn't afraid to go clean. But as you could tell, six months later, a lot of the other wrestlers, they were all gone. I'm not sure if that's why Vince came to the bar or not, but I think that had something to do with it. One last night before the testing.

"I just remember, Vince was really drunk when he got in there, which was a rarity, too. But he was drunk and some of the guys he was with were actually trying to stop him from going in. They were trying to pull him out of there. But he came in and right away Hogan's eyebrows went up. He already had The Road Warriors talked in to doing their finish. I remember talking to Jim [Neidhart], and we both wanted to see it. Everyone gathered around to see if they would have the balls to do it. Next thing you know, they came right in behind Vince and scooped him up piggyback style, then Hawk jumped up on one of the poles. Everyone in the whole bar thought they were going to take Vince's head off. We were all watching, then Hawk came down with this little powder puff clothesline and Beefcake and Hogan caught Vince. There was a little golf clap and everyone was laughing. I remember right away looking at Jim and saying 'so much for the finish.' He looked back at me and was like: 'The Hart Foundation would've done it.' And I agreed. I said something about how we would've had the balls to do it, then I turned to Owen and told him that we had to get out of there right now before Jim picks Vince up.

WWE Legends Bret Hart Gallery
Take a virtual look back at Bret Hart's wrestling glory days with our WWE Legends gallery. Gallery

"As soon as I turned around, there was a clear runway as all the wrestlers stepped back, and Jim had already picked up Vince in a Bear Hug. He wanted me to do our finish, we called it the Hart Attack. Everybody was looking at me like maybe you have the balls to do it. And I remember thinking, well, here it goes. I ran as fast as I could and completely took Vince's head off with that clothesline. The only way to do that move, you have to go full blast, otherwise you could never get your legs up, so I pretty much hit him as hard as I could. He was lying there looking at me and he said: 'Hitman, you owe me a drink.' Dewar's on ice. I never forgot it.

"The funny thing is, two or three years later when I was champion, Vince had to have surgery on his neck and I said to him: 'Maybe it was because of that clothesline I gave you in that bar.' He stopped and he looked at me, and he didn't have a friendly look on his face, and he said: 'Maybe.' And I thought, maybe."

Hart had me in stitches throughout our conversation as he detailed story after story about life on the road, a lot of
which he wrote about in his incredible autobiography "Hitman", a book I consider to be the best ever written about the sport.

"There are a lot of sweet and sour memories, but in the end it's more good than bad," says Hart. "There were some dark times near the end, but I feel lucky to have lived the life I did."

Here's what else The Hitman had to say as our arranged 15-minute interview turned into almost an hour long conversation about his career, the state of professional wrestling, and his feud with Shawn Michaels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN: Was it fun to look back and remember all of those road stories when you were writing your book?

Bret Hart: It was. When I was on the road, I brought a little Dictaphone with me, and every other night, I would talk into it for like three or four minutes and detail what was happening. Little things, little places, names of clubs. I had them all transcribed just before my brother Owen's accident. I was planning on writing a book before any of that happened, and I remember reading it all and thinking that I had some really good stuff for a book. I had over 100 tapes in the end. And I was hoping nobody else would write my book before me. I wanted to be introspective about what life as a wrestler really is, and it's something nobody ever touches on. My book is really candid and really honest, but for me, it was necessary in a cleansing kind of way to spill it all out for my sake and for everyone's sake. I think young wrestlers and old wrestlers love my book for the honesty because it's all the stuff they couldn't tell themselves in their own books. I think I'm one of the few guys who can be as honest as I was and not be punished for it or judged by it.

I'd like people to remember me as the best there is, the best there was ... I don't think anyone was better than me ... I think I was really good in how I brought realism and athleticism to my wrestling style. I think I really made wrestling fun to watch with all the twists and turns.

” -- Bret Hart

ESPN: You mentioned Owen. I actually spent a day playing video games against him and Davey Boy Smith a long time ago. It was right as the nWo was getting hot, and I remember them actually sitting there whispering to each other about who was next to jump to WCW. Here they are, great friends, and they didn't even know if the other was about to jump. I found the secretive nature of it all so fascinating.

Bret Hart: Sounds like a fun day. And that's just how it was back then. There was a time right after WWE screwed me that both Owen and Davey Boy were looking for my help to get them in WCW. In a way, it was too bad that I didn't get Owen hired on, but he would've been miserable in WCW too. I remember they offered Owen less than what he was making, but Davey for some reason, they offered him quite a bit more. Eric Bischoff didn't think my brother Owen was good enough, which shows you how much Eric Bischoff knows about wrestling. He picked up Davey Boy and Jim Neidhart like that, but passed on Owen.

ESPN: Wrestlemania is coming up in April, what was your favorite Wrestlemania moment when you look back? Is it your match against Owen?

Bret Hart: Yeah, my match with Owen was my most heartwarming one where you're really proud of yourself, wrestling your brother at Wrestlemania. And that was a really special match we put together that day. Too many people today don't realize how hard it is to put together a match like that, and even though we were brothers, we never wrestled each other before. It was the first time we ever wrestled each other in a singles match, and to go out there and wrestle that kind of match says a lot about the skill and the wrestling psychology that we both had. I had some great moments with Austin at Wrestlemania, but those were just little gems. The one with Owen, that was more special because of everything we'd been through growing up as kids.

There were a lot of funny ironies that came out during that brother versus brother shoot that we had, because we talked about how I used to save him at school, well, I did save him at school lots of times. We had these moments in our interviews where the things we said to each other were kind of true. I always looked after him and protected him and I remember beating up a bunch of guys at school who were picking on him.

He started telling one story that I didn't even remember about how I saved him from a teacher. You see, we used to have to walk to another school to catch the school bus, and he was waiting at this other school for his ride. This teacher from the other school came up and started chewing Owen out for some reason and the teacher grabbed him like he was going to send him into the office. I got into the face of the teacher and saved Owen. This all came out when we were trying to put together all our memories and stories when we were doing our interviews and we tried to insert them into the reality of the wrestling story. It was a lot of fun wrestling Owen, and when I look back on it now, Wrestlemania, Madison Square Garden, winning the World Title and wrestling Owen that day, that's as big of a highlight as I can have as far as Wrestlemania goes.

ESPN: There's even a new Legends of Wrestlemania video game coming out. What do you think of your legacy living on in these games?

Bret Hart: It's funny because little kids come up to me who are like five years old and they want to talk to me about wrestling. And these kids, they've never even seen me wrestle. It's all from the video games and action figures. They tell me on the video games that I'm pretty hard to beat. That's good. Whenever I play against my girlfriend, I lose every time. I'm a jobber when I play against her. [laughs]

ESPN: Speaking of Wrestlemania, are you still upset that Hulk Hogan never gave you a main event match at the big show?

Bret Hart: I just thought that somebody preempted my run. For somebody like Hulk Hogan, when he was on his run, nobody preempted it. Everyone was happy to make him. But when I needed some of the bigger guys to make me, especially some of the bigger names like Jake Roberts or Ultimate Warrior or Hogan, when it came to passing the torch down and doing me a favor&I had always been loyal, working my ass off on their undercards and I was always respectful of those guys and paid my dues, but I always felt short changed by some of those guys who didn't do anything to help me. And that was a critical time in the business. The wrestling business back then was kind of like the stock market right now. There were some tough times business-wise, and everyone was fearful of the future, especially after they implemented the drug testing. But they handed me the ball, and back then I was only six feet tall, I wasn't a giant, I didn't have 24-inch arms, and I wasn't a good interview. Then all of a sudden I found myself carrying the torch at a tough time and trying my hardest.

If you look at wrestling when I started to get my big break back in 1992, I changed wrestling from the cartoons of Hulk Hogan and Iron Sheik and the matches with the leg drop and the hand behind the ear and the playing to the crowd. They were just cartoon characters if you ask me. Hogan had the same match every night for years and so did Warrior. They didn't tell great stories, to be honest. I went out there and had those matches with Piper and Perfect and the match with Davey at Wembley. I went out there and tried to have great matches all the time, and it wasn't about Bret Hart, it was about these matches. I think I changed the style of wrestling, and even today, there's not another Hulk Hogan out there, it's guys like Edge, and it's all about work rate. When you see Bret Hart versus Steve Austin, it just seemed so much more real than Hulk Hogan versus Sgt. Slaughter. All of the storylines started to be more realistic and the belt started to mean more. I made the belt seem like the world to me and to my fans. I kind of pat myself on the back today and think that I did more good for professional wrestling than people realize.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 02:56 PM
ESPN: I like how you always tried to stay in character no matter what happened. I remember one of the first wrestling matches I ever went to was at the Cow Palace, and when The Hart Foundation came out, there was so much heat that some sloppy drunk dumped this huge beer over Jimmy Hart's head. All I can remember is how hard you were trying not to laugh, and every time you and Anvil glanced at each other, you kept burying your head in the turnbuckle so the audience couldn't see you smile.

Bret Hart: I remember walking to the back after a match, and sometimes when they pelt you with beer, it's actually a pretty good feeling. You needed that cold beer. [laughs]

ESPN: Your matches with Shawn Michaels are legendary in the sport, both for what happened in the ring and out. Did the hatred you guys had for one another fuel even more competitive matches?

Bret Hart: I think it did for us, but I also think Vince orchestrated a lot of the tensions between us. I think a lot of the tension was good for the matches, but for me, I was always a professional and I prided myself on my professionalism in and out of the ring. Shawn, I think of him today pretty much how I did back then, and a lot of the resentment and jealousy from Shawn were just things that he kept inside. I would go out and tell Shawn how I was about to go out and in my interview I was going to talk about him posing for Playgirl or I'm going to rag on him being a role model. He'd smile and tell me to say whatever I wanted, and it was like we were pals. But then I'd go out and say all that stuff, and when I came back into the dressing room, it was like he was going to burst into tears. It wasn't like I was saying all this stuff and he didn't know about it. I cleared it all with him before.

WWE Legends Bret Hart Gallery
Take a virtual look back at Bret Hart's wrestling glory days with our WWE Legends gallery. Gallery

Unfortunately for Shawn, he kind of got worked into a shoot. I was just trying to sell tickets and make money with him. I told him where I was going with all of it. I always thought the way to go with me and Shawn was for him to tough out that storm, to keep defending himself, then eventually he would beat me and prove himself and everyone would appreciate him trying to win my confidence. But he got worked into it where he started taking everything personal, then he started getting personal with me for real. We'd shake hands and agree not to go there anymore, but then the next week, he was at it again. It's a shame to see what it turned into because if you look at how I wrestled Steve Austin back then, we looked like we hated each other and that we were going to kill each other if we ever stepped into the same ring, but we were best of friends. Shawn and I could've had the same thing. I was telling him how we would sell tickets if people believed we hated each other, and it was going that way, and we probably would still be selling tickets today if they'd gone that route. But Vince was setting me up for the fall.

Vince knew that he was going to screw me from the time I came back after my little hiatus after Wrestlemania 12. I think Vince set it in motion so that he could drop the bomb on me at any time. He was just going to do it when the time was right for him, and that's what he did. He lowered the boom on me when I didn't expect it, and the whole thing turned into what it did. But I was just trying to draw money for him. People always say that Vince didn't have any choice, but it's totally not true. According to my contract back then, I had to wrestle 280 days a year for Vince McMahon. By the time I wrestled Shawn at Survivor Series that year where they screwed me out of the title, I had already worked something like 310 shows. I didn't even need to be there. I could've just told Vince that I already did my dates according to my contract. I could've told him to just take his belt and shove it and walk out. But I was a professional and I was giving him everything I could. I really didn't even have a problem losing the belt, but Shawn didn't have any respect for me and I didn't have any respect for him.

ESPN: After the match, you got an amazingly clean punch in on McMahon backstage. When did you hit him harder, with that punch or back in the strip club incident with The Hart Foundation?

Bret Hart: The punch. It was an uppercut and it was a little bit like that Buster Douglas punch on Mike Tyson. Maybe a little better than that if you can believe it.

ESPN: How important was it for you to be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Bret Hart: I wish I would've waited a couple more years. I actually told Vince this, but he wanted me to do it then so it timed out right with my DVD. I was glad that they did my DVD with me, as that was one of the sources of my bitterness for a while as I thought they might take everything I ever did and put it in a vault somewhere and nobody would ever see it. So when he consented to doing the DVD with me having final approval on it, I was trying my best to show them that I appreciated it and I was trying to work with them the best I could. So I obliged, but I still wish I would've waited a couple more years because I was never happy with how I did that day.

They did talk to me about inducting Owen and Stu someday. They asked me if I would do it, and I told them I'd be happy to do it, just let me know. I haven't heard from them, but maybe one of these days.

It's actually ridiculous to me why anyone would even take steroids in wrestling. It's not even a real sport. It's not necessary, it's strictly for the look.

” -- Bret Hart

ESPN: When you look at some of the problems with the sport today, do you think more needs to be done to put a stop to pain killers and concussions, or is steroids still the main issue?

Bret Hart: The real problem is pain killers and prescription pills. I think they're actually testing for steroids properly, but I can think of about ten wrestlers who died specifically from taking Somas. Davey Boy, Curt Hennig, Crush. These were all people who underestimated the amount of pills they were taking. I never took Somas, but it's a muscle relaxer, and these guys are in so much pain, real pain, with their necks and backs and serious injuries. But when they took Somas after they worked that night, it was like heaven. Everything goes away, everything is relaxed. So instead of taking one Soma, they take about five, flush it down with some beer and they feel like a million bucks the next morning. People wonder why these guys get hooked on these things, but it's such a heavenly, blissful remedy for them. I'm so lucky I never got pulled into that. I never did take Somas or pain pills. I always shied away from that, but these other guys, you never thought they were going to die tomorrow. They were guys you'd see at night and you thought you'd see them in the morning. They overdosed and they're dead, and it's such a tragedy. These guys seemed to be in so much control of everything, but they underestimated their levels.

ESPN: How do you fix these problems? Should wrestling have a season, giving the guys an offseason to heal?

Bret Hart: I think the first thing wrestling needs is a union. They need a union to make sure, like airline pilots, that they get enough time down to rest and recover. They need to recover from the physical toll that it takes to be a professional wrestler. But the truth is, I don't know. It's hard to test anyone for these pills like Soma. They get out of your bloodstream so fast, by the time you test, they're already out of your system. That's the problem. If they are legal prescriptions from real doctors, how do you stop it? That's where Vince's hands were tied, and I think it's unfair to pin it on him.

And it's actually ridiculous to me why anyone would even take steroids in wrestling. It's not even a real sport. It's not necessary, it's strictly for the look. But when they started the drug testing in the early 90's, I wasn't on steroids and I didn't know anyone who was on steroids. I even remember Lex Luger looking pretty skinny after coming in from the bodybuilding league. He didn't have that puffy, bloated look that you get from steroids. And I remember a lot of people didn't even believe that he was off of steroids, and I always felt bad for him because he worked so hard to have this really great physique, but he was a little skinny because he wasn't all puffed up on the steroids. He never got any credit for it. But during that whole period, they completely wiped out steroids in WWE. It wasn't until after I knocked Vince out, it was 1997 and Vince said he was throwing the drug policy out the window. That opened the door for steroids, and that came from the fact that WCW had a joke for drug testing. I don't know who they even drug tested. They seemed to test all of the Mexican guys and all of the smallest guys on the roster and let Hulk Hogan do whatever he wanted. I think Vince found it really hard to compete against that at the time.

But for wrestlers, I don't think steroids made much of a difference at all. I wouldn't have paid to see Warrior or Hogan anyway, but I was always more about the wrestling. Once they introduced the serious drug testing, I was all for it. I was only worried about my body falling apart. It took me about two or three years, and I remember talking to Vince about three years into the drug testing on how we didn't even need steroids and that the whole thing was a myth. A lot of us actually believed that we'd fall apart without it, that we'd have more injuries, but over a period of time I realized that I didn't need them. I only lost about five pounds off steroids. It didn't make much difference to me. In fact, if you look at me after I stopped taking steroids, I looked better. I didn't look as puffy and bloated. Steroids are not a necessary requirement to be a professional wrestler.

ESPN: Your book did an amazing job of filling in the gaps of what happened to certain wrestlers and why they were suddenly fired for steroids or whatever.

Bret Hart: I remember Boris Zhukov comes up to me one time. He wasn't on any of the booking sheets, so he asked me what I thought he should do. So I told him he should go up to Vince and ask him point blank. I figured at least that way, you'd end up finding out the answer. So he goes into his meeting with Vince, then he walks out and comes over to me. He said Vince started laughing at him and said: "We forgot to tell you, you're fired." I remember Boris Zhukov had big tears in his eyes. He was crushed that nobody cared how hard he worked or his family or his situation. And that was one of the last times I ever saw him. That was the end of the road. Luckily, I did see him a few years after that and he became a trucker. But that's how it is. There's no where to go. There's no soft landing there. You're done. Good luck.

No one did the job better than I did. Nobody worked harder. Whatever the schedule is today, it doesn't compare to the schedule I had. I was working 300 days a year, sometimes twice a day, and at TV tapings, I was sometimes working three or four matches a night. I earned my money by working hard.

” -- Bret Hart

If you have an alcohol problem, a drug problem, or a steroid problem, too bad. And there were so many guys addicted to steroids back then. If you look at 1992, Summerslam, when I fought Davey Boy, you look at that card with guys like The Legion of Doom and Warrior, then you look at Survivor Series just a few months later and it was all about Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Marty Jannetty. It was all normal sized guys. All the steroid guys got dropped like nothing.

There were a lot of guys in the business who got dropped then had no where else to go. They didn't know how to have a life at home. That's one of the big problems with wrestling. These wrestlers go back home and they have depression issues and alcohol problems and marital problems and there is no one there to help them. A lot of guys made a lot of money, but nobody ever taught them how to put that money away. So there's a lot that can be done, and that's why I really wish there could be a union of some kind. Some kind of protection that helps wrestlers see their way after. That way a guy like Brian Adams, when he needed back surgery years after his career was over, there would be money there to help them. A lot of these guys don't realize that ten years down the road after their careers are over, that's when you start hurting and you need to get your neck done or your shoulder done. All these things come back to haunt you.

WWE has added a wellness program now to try and look after their retired wrestlers, and that is something that was greatly needed, but there are a lot more wrestlers out there wandering down that tragic highway who need help.

ESPN: How would you like wrestling fans to remember you?

Bret Hart: I'd like people to remember me as the best there is, the best there was ... I don't think anyone was better than me, maybe there were a few like Dynamite Kid and Curt Hennig, but I think I was really good in how I brought realism and athleticism to my wrestling style. I think I really made wrestling fun to watch with all the twists and turns. Vince McMahon said it on my DVD, that I was the greatest story teller in wrestling, and I think I was. When I watch other matches, I don't see the same types of story-telling ability. And I think what I want people to always remember about me is that I very rarely got hurt and I never, ever injured another wrestler. It was all about safety.

No one did the job better than I did. Nobody worked harder. Whatever the schedule is today, it doesn't compare to the schedule I had. I was working 300 days a year, sometimes twice a day, and at TV tapings, I was sometimes working three or four matches a night. I earned my money by working hard. Someone like Hulk Hogan, who refused to pass the torch to me, there's something wrong with trying to hold someone back who works that hard. I hope more people get a chance to read my book and see some of the backstabbing politics that I had to deal with and what I was really all about as a pro wrestler.

screech
Seemed like he was just being honest. Though just about everything he said is old news/common knowledge.

EDIT: That was to the original post. I'll read the whole interview when I get back from class.

BigDaddyCool
Typical BDC. Shitting on Bret Hart for no reason.

Duh.

Anybody Thrilla
03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to read this later.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM
The Vince/Strip Club part is pretty funny.

Volare
03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
He told the same story at his HOF speech.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I didn't watch it as I hate Bret Hart.

IC Champion
03-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Bret is a wrestling GOD. DAMN IT!

jindrak
03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Anyone else anxiously awaiting a Zen v.w.o post?

GD
03-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I have been a Bret Hart fan since I was 5 years old and I refuse to judge him. That's what a loyal fan is...you don't judge em.

GD
03-10-2009, 05:27 PM
and then came John Cena who totally changed my definition of a loyal fan.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I've never been a fan of his. So I can judge him.

St. Jimmy
03-10-2009, 05:31 PM
tl;dr, tb;dc.

Not Booked
03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't see a reason to get cut-up here. The interview was fun and interesting. As usual, Bret comes across as a kind, genuine and affable guy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Daz7tJp-1Lc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Daz7tJp-1Lc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Daz7tJp-1Lc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Daz7tJp-1Lc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Juan
03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't know what's getting older; Bret's whining or people complaining about Bret's whining.

GD
03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I refuse to judge that.

Blue Demon
03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I didn't watch it as I hate Bret Hart.

Bret is a wrestling GOD. DAMN IT!

Volare
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
JBL is a wrestling GOD. DAMN IT!

Yes I agree Instant...:shifty:

FourFifty
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/robo848/not_this_shit_again.jpg

http://www.flashgiochi.org/materiale-per-forum/immagini-old/img/Not.this.shit.again.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/EternalHope_2008/Trolls/not_this_shit_again.jpg

http://207.199.174.56/img/fRIHxrJARF_bill_ajntsa.jpg

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/16/128660498159844805.jpg

IC Champion
03-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Stupid Jews with their 3.4% tips.