PDA

View Full Version : ECW Title match at Wrestlemania?!?!

Gertner
03-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Do you think there will be a ECW title match at Wrestlemania? Jack Swaggar is probably my fav wrestler right now and I'm hoping that they throw him in a match with Evan Bourne. It should be a great match and possibly a nice opener for the event.

Xero
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
:rofl:

Savio
03-14-2009, 04:34 PM
probably an opener

Team Sheep
03-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah I think that's where they're going, with Finlay and Christian qualifying for MITB. Unless Dreamer gets involved or something.

Juan
03-14-2009, 04:40 PM
I've been really enjoying Jack Swagger also. I kinda hope he and Dreamer face off at Mania.

SIDRA
03-14-2009, 04:43 PM
It would be nice to give Dreamer the WM spot. He's near the end of his carrier and he deserves it.

The Fonz
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Dreamer probably faces him in the opener and retires, therefore becoming the female version of Ric Flair.

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah, Jack Swagger should make the WrestleMania card. Truthfully, I think we'll see Swagger vs. Bourne. That would be a good match, and Swagger can go over and look strong. I think the reason the WWE is holding off on Swagger vs. Christian is because they realised that they want Christian on either RAW or SmackDown! after WrestleMania, and that they want Swagger to win at WrestleMania.

Xero
03-14-2009, 09:32 PM
I could easily see this being a "WWE.com Exclusive" like that Battle Royal was last year.

Sting Fan
03-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Didnt Dreamers "Im gonna win or quit" Ultimatum run out soon?

I havent followed ECW ever really but tbh the idea of Dreamer as ECW champ was interesting to me, I would love to see him on an extreme crusade wrecking guys until someone steps up and beats him in a true hardcore match.

jerichoholicninja
03-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I believe Dreamer said June.

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2009, 02:50 AM
I reckon that it is going to be Evan Bourne vs Jack Swagger.

The Optimist
03-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Bourne vs. Swagger should go to time limit for an opener, I'd be sweet.

Hornicane
03-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I think Dreamer is more likely than Bourne.

Evil Vito
03-15-2009, 02:22 PM
I could easily see this being a "WWE.com Exclusive" like that Battle Royal was last year.

<font color=goldenrod>Nah I think the ECW Title match gets on the card...however if there is a WWE.com exclusive, it'll likely involve everyone on the roster not on the card. Probably a lumberjack match or something - they seem to like getting everybody a WM payday.</font>

RGWhat316
03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I really don't know where they are going with this. I was sure about Christian/Swagger, but not after Christian qualified for MiTB. But now with Bourne returning this week, I can't see him being left off of the WM card, but it seems the only way that would he would make it on is a title match with Swagger.

The Gold Standard
03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
The ECW Title barely made the show last year. I doubt it will make the show this year. The only match I could think of is Swagger v Dreamer, and I don't think that will happen.

Team Sheep
03-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I think it needs to be on the show. They need Striker a Grisham to do something, and it would look really weak if their 3rd world title didn't make it on the card.

Gertner
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
The reason I doubt Dreamer would be in it is because you'd think they will have more of a build up for the match. Then again, it is the "C Show"

Jeritron
03-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I would probably say Bourne. He's returning and they can build it up quickly. It will be a fast paced, entertaining match that would be a nice opener.

They can save Dreamer's match/win for One Night Stand AKA Night of Extreme AKA Extreme Rules

Sting Fan
03-15-2009, 09:32 PM
^^^ Agreed, but Dreamer has to win it.

With all the fuck ups they have made with ECW brand this is one thing they can get right, surely.

Theo Dious
03-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Nothing short of the surprise return of Braden Walker will make me give a damn.

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2009, 12:33 AM
^^^ Agreed, but Dreamer has to win it.

With all the fuck ups they have made with ECW brand this is one thing they can get right, surely.

My first thought was that Dreamer has to win, and it would be a very touching moment. But imagine if Jack Swagger retained the title? The heat would be tremendous, he'd look like a major threat, and Dreamer would put the guy over huge.

Tommy Dreamer himself originally said that the Tommy Dreamer character was not about winning championships. He did vow to win the ECW Title this year, but what if that was just to fuel his journey to the top?

I'm not saying I want Dreamer to lose, but I don't necessarily think it will be horrible if he does. Especially if he truthfully doesn't want to win the ECW Title again, and would rather put a guy like Jack Swagger over huge.

thedamndest
03-16-2009, 12:56 AM
The Dreamer character was all about not winning, but that really hasn't been made clear to this audience. In WWECW, he's just an ECW original trying to capture the gold and they aren't really playing up how it's eluded him his entire career (save the brief time he had it). If he does get the match, I would say he loses, but because his pay off date is in the summer, not now. This would be a time to take another big loss and have him continue to doubt whether he still has what it takes, so if Dreamer does get the match, he doesn't get the gold.

thedamndest
03-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Gold being a metaphor for the silver ECW belt.

Juan
03-16-2009, 02:11 AM
*platinum