PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else not that excited about Wrestlemania?

Rammsteinmad
03-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Me and my mate order Wrestlemania every year, and I gotta say this year I'm not as excited as usual. Both the main events seem fairly bland to me. Just ANOTHER Triple H match. Cena/Edge/Big Show will be good, but I'm hardly pumped for it as I was Benoit/Michaels/HHH.

The MITB match generally looks shit. I blame this on Kane, Mark Henry, and partly Finley. I can understand having a more balanced set of wrestlers (instead of all high flyers etc), but generally this is the first MITB match that I don't care about.

Michaels/Undertaker WILL be a good match, but again I'm just not pumped for it.

Divas match I couldn't give a rats ass about, and the Hardy match will be great, but I'm just bitterly waiting for Jeff to win over Matt like he always does.

Ummm yeah so I'm kinda treating this like any other PPV right now. Every year it's been exciting coz it's like "It's WRESTLEMANIA WOOO!!!", but this year it's more like "Yeah me and my mate are gonna order Wrestlemania".

Whatever.

Lux
03-16-2009, 03:28 AM
So much whining, come on now.

interforce
03-16-2009, 03:31 AM
Miserable sod!

No i see where your coming from. However i am looking forward to this WM. The build up for these matches i believe are better than last year which seems good in my eyes.

Infact i am saying this between gritted teeth i am looking forward to a match with John Cena in it. Fuck i cant believe i just said that

Lux
03-16-2009, 03:34 AM
FOR SHAME!

interforce
03-16-2009, 03:41 AM
FOR SHAME!

Seriously i feel so bad for saying it. Infact while i am at it i am starting to find some of his promos watchable at the moment.

Am i gay? So confused

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Actually, while I'm not pumped about this year's WrestleMania, this is the most excited I've been in a Mania for some time. Triple H matches are always just "Triple H matches," but this story with Orton, although ridiculous at points, actually has somewhat of a good story to it. While I'm sure the match won't be a WrestleMania classic, I'm sure the story coming out of WrestleMania between those two will be exciting.

The Triple Threat is a horrible idea. How many fucking Triple Threats do we need to see at WrestleMania. At least Big Show is in another Mania title match. I would have been more excited to have seen just Edge vs. Show, but that's not going to happen.

I understand people's complaints about Money in the Bank, but if you take out the slightly blander bits of this year's match, you can see a lot of awesomeness. Lower expectations for this match is what they're going for, I think, so it can blow people away. Besides, sometimes it seems like MITB is the same every year. This year, the addition of Mark Henry instantly makes it stand-out against other incarnations of the match.

Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker WILL be a WrestleMania classic. This is where any money you put towards the PPV becomes worth the while. Hopefully, this match is epic.

The brother vs. brother feud is sort of getting lost in the shuffle that is the epicness of WrestleMania, but they will have a sleeper match, I think. Both Matt and Jeff Hardy are better workers than they were in 2001 (that was over seven fucking years ago), so this match and feud could turn out to be pretty good.

If John Morrison & The Miz versus The Colons is added to the card, there is another sleeper. These two teams have been tearing it up on SmackDown! recently, and I expect they will bring their A-games to WrestleMania.

Miss WrestleMania is a concept that I am actually for. It's better than your usual Playboy girl facing the Women's Champion shtick. You'll have some good female workers in there, too. I don't think this will be as shit as people make out, and will actually be quite fun.

JBL defending the IC Title at WrestleMania for the first time in seven years will be incredible. I just hope it is Rey Mysterio he faces, and not Vladimir Kozlov.

The ECW Championship will probably be on the line, as well, with Jack Swagger defending against Evan Bourne, I think. Bourne and Christian could probably have swapped places with things being fine, but I'm actually thinking they want to push Swagger as undefeated at WrestleMania, perhaps for a future encounter with The Undertaker? This will be a fun match, and people will get to see these two men in their rookie WWE year tear it up over the company's third highest ranked title.

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2009, 03:57 AM
I completely forgot about Chris Jericho's program. At worst, it will be Jerry Lawler. At least then Jericho gets to go over, and look like a million bucks. At best, it'll be a massive star and increase mainstream interest in the WrestleMania card.

Lux
03-16-2009, 04:15 AM
Seriously i feel so bad for saying it. Infact while i am at it i am starting to find some of his promos watchable at the moment.

Am i gay? So confused

I think its just confusion, you should talk to someone and eventually come out in the open about it.

interforce
03-16-2009, 04:19 AM
I think its just confusion, you should talk to someone and eventually come out in the open about it.

I blame the PG rating. If there was violence and girls half naked i would not be so confused

Londoner
03-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Me and my mate order Wrestlemania every year, and I gotta say this year I'm not as excited as usual. Both the main events seem fairly bland to me. Just ANOTHER Triple H match. Cena/Edge/Big Show will be good, but I'm hardly pumped for it as I was Benoit/Michaels/HHH.

The MITB match generally looks shit. I blame this on Kane, Mark Henry, and partly Finley. I can understand having a more balanced set of wrestlers (instead of all high flyers etc), but generally this is the first MITB match that I don't care about.

Michaels/Undertaker WILL be a good match, but again I'm just not pumped for it.

Divas match I couldn't give a rats ass about, and the Hardy match will be great, but I'm just bitterly waiting for Jeff to win over Matt like he always does.

Ummm yeah so I'm kinda treating this like any other PPV right now. Every year it's been exciting coz it's like "It's WRESTLEMANIA WOOO!!!", but this year it's more like "Yeah me and my mate are gonna order Wrestlemania".

Whatever.

I can understand where you're coming from, but i'm still somewhat hopeful WWE will surprise us and pull off a great show. I wish they would do TLC for the tag titles again,but they wont cause of MITB. which looks shit this year.:mad:

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Hush, TL. TLC will come later, my friend.

thedamndest
03-16-2009, 12:17 PM
If I'm torn about anything, it's actually MitB. On the one hand, I love the concept of having the briefcase. But on the other hand, I hate the clusterfuck/spotfest. Don't get me wrong, there have been some great moments out of previous MiTB's, but I really don't want this to be the future of Wrestlemania forever. I would rather see a lot of these guys in traditional matches (Punk, MVP, Finlay, Benjamin) and defend the IC/US titles! I get that it's a tradition/invented concept they are doing to pretty much all their PPV's now. I just kind of wish they would move MiTB around once in awhile.

LuigiD
03-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I think the last time I was excited for Wrestlemania was Wrestlemania XX.
The match that I am the most pumped about is the Jericho match. I don't even know what they are doing with it yet but I have hope.
It's exciting..but I guess I expected way bigger matches. The money in the bank is always a treat but I am not looking forward to Jeff vs Matt. I am also not that excited about Triple H vs Orton either. The Cena/Edge/Big Show..now that, I am not excited for at all. Wrestlemania is still to come so hopefully some new announcements will change my opinion.

Team Sheep
03-16-2009, 12:58 PM
It's Wrestlemania!! It'll be awesome. I dunno about you guys but they could put a steaming pile of turds in the ring for 4 hours and make it watchable if it's at Wrestlemania. The occasion alone in 70,000+ stadiums makes it worthwhile for me.

Team Sheep
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
And that's me talking as if the card is crap, which it really isn't. One of the best in many years IMO.

Xero
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Hulk Hogan vs. The Iron Shiek in a Four Hour Iron Man Match.

Have fun. :y:

Team Sheep
03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
:drool:

#BROKEN Hasney
03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I'll read about it then download it based on reaction

For me, the card is leaving me underwhelmed :(

#BROKEN Hasney
03-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Actually, if the matches are already seperate on a tracker, I'll probably d/l Jeff V Matt & MITB before

Rammsteinmad
03-16-2009, 02:28 PM
To be honest I forgot about Jericho as well. Jericho and Lawler? What a waste of Jericho. And seriously, I find Jericho VS any legend to be a bit of a waste, since he could have a five star match with pretty much anyone on the roster, whilst a match with someone old like Lawler will mostly be built around Body Slams and a Dropkick.

Also another point I'd like to make about MITB, the last two years have been great because not only was it basically made of THE BEST mid-carders/main eventers around, but the potential was there for anyone to win it, (I was even hopeful of a Carlito victory last year). This year, come on let's face it, Finley, Kane and Kofi definitely won't be winning it, it's highly doubtful that Christian or Shelton Benjamin will, and if Mark Henry does I swear to God I'm am DONE with wrestling. This leaves just CM Punk and MVP, two worthy wrestlers, but none-the-less the excited of who could win is lost. :(

#1-norm-fan
03-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm looking forward to it. But then again, my feelings are pretty much the opposite of Rammsteinmad's feelings...

Triple H vs. Orton has a little more of a big match feel to it now than it has in the past. I'll agree that it's not looking to be anything I'm pumped for as it draws near, but it's something more than just the typical Triple H match to me.

Definitely looking forward to Cena/Edge/Big Show. I'm loving the whole storyline right now and if more can be done to separate Cena from the other two as THE face looking to take advantage of the heels feuding over Vickie, it should add a lot of heat to the match. Personally, I was not a huge Benoit mark back in the day so Benoit/HHH/HBK, knowing Benoit was going over did nothing at all for me. This one is much less predictable.

MITB is... MITB. Nothing any more special than usual but I don't see what makes it any worse than usual. Finlay, Kane and Henry don't even make up half of the guys in it and the other 5 more than make up for it. My theory is if it was a 5 man ladder match, it would be fine so throwing those three in isn't gonna hurt. They are moving props. (That being said, I'm really just playing devils advocate. I actually kinda like the three of them being in there.)

Everybody and their grandmother knows Taker is going over HBK. As an HBK mark, it depresses me that my HBK moment that takes me back to when I was a kid like I had last year will not be happening this year. It will be a good match at least though...

I'm interesting to see the divas battle royal and what past divas are involved. This is at least a lot more intriguing than the past couple years' divas matches at Mania.

The Hardy's match has a bit of an old school brother vs. brother feud feel, which is good and of course, hopefully Jericho will be facing someone of note. Plus, it will have that "WrestleMania atmosphere" that separates it from just another PPV.

#1-norm-fan
03-16-2009, 02:34 PM
I think MVP and Christian are actually the favorites at the moment...

I can't see Punk repeating after how badly the whole thing was butchered last year. I doubt they want to go with round two unless they are dead set on Punk going main event and staying and I can't see that.

Londoner
03-16-2009, 03:33 PM
In MITB, is mark henry going to need two ladders to climb up?That'll make wrestlemania for me if so.:lol: Can see Christian or Shelton winning.

Lux
03-16-2009, 04:46 PM
MVP has it in the bag.

Londoner
03-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I doubt that tbh Lux!

Lux
03-16-2009, 05:05 PM
You wanna wager that TL!

Londoner
03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
:D

I just don't see MVP as a main event wrestler yet,where as i reckon Christian/Shelton are more ready to make that jump now. Sheltons been in every MITB i think i'm right in saying?

Kane86
03-16-2009, 05:11 PM
I always get excited for Wrestlemania. Not matter what the card is.

Lux
03-16-2009, 05:19 PM

I just don't see MVP as a main event wrestler yet,where as i reckon Christian/Shelton are more ready to make that jump now. Sheltons been in every MITB i think i'm right in saying?

Just the general feeling that MVP is going leads me to believe he will take it, I mean coming fresh off a hot streak and to be in MITB, come on, I don't think he'll lose this one.

The Fonz
03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Mark Henry is going to fucking jump off a ladder and kill MVP or Finlay in the process. Of course I'm excited.

Still not interested in Hardy vs Hardy, mic skills are killing it.

Londoner
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Just the general feeling that MVP is going leads me to believe he will take it, I mean coming fresh off a hot streak and to be in MITB, come on, I don't think he'll lose this one.

Doesn't necessarily mean he'll win MITB though.

But we'll see my friend,we'll see!

Lux
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Willing to bet your Custom User Title on this?

Londoner
03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes.

Lux
03-16-2009, 05:34 PM
So when MVP wins I would like it to say "Lux is always right" :p

Londoner
03-16-2009, 05:35 PM
lol@'when'

Lux
03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh its happening, Shelton won't win it, he has to ditch that US title, Christain... very rare possibility, MVP is the best pick.

Londoner
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
We'll see,we'll see.

Lux
03-16-2009, 05:52 PM
We shall, we shall.

Dorkchop
03-16-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm not that excited about Wrestlemania, but that won't stop me from enjoying it. I loved last year's and I wasn't excited for it either.

Volare
03-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Heh, at least MITB has the forums in "war mode" with who's gonna win.

Lux, you must be on some good shrooms or somethin...Christian is winning MITB!

Lux
03-16-2009, 07:51 PM
When he loses I will also own your Custom User Title Volare, unless you believe he actually will win.

Volare
03-16-2009, 07:54 PM
I do!

This is my destiny Lux! And I won't let you...or anyone...destroy this age...of...Volare!

(Sorry, I felt the need to cut a promo)

Londoner
03-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Heh, at least MITB has the forums in "war mode" with who's gonna win.

Lux, you must be on some good shrooms or somethin...Christian or shelton are winning MITB!

Just thought i would correct you slightly there.

Juan
03-16-2009, 07:59 PM
MVP is winning MITB.

Londoner
03-16-2009, 08:02 PM
MVP isn't winning MITB.

I agree Juan. Can't argue with a word you just said then.

Juan
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Hey! that's not what I said!

Londoner
03-16-2009, 08:04 PM
You must've,since it was you i was quoting!

Volare
03-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Wow Volare, you are the greatest person ever!

Well thanks TL, I think you rock as well!

Londoner
03-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Volare
03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
If only I could be like Volare or Juan!

Londoner
03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
*ignores volare*

Volare
03-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll powerbomb your ass!

Juan
03-16-2009, 08:27 PM
*batistabomb

Londoner
03-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Ooooh i'm scared!

Anyway, lets get back to focusing on raw shall we?Ah yeh, you can't,you got work tonight haven't you? :D

Volare
03-16-2009, 08:35 PM
You forget...Air Force!! I'll send a plane to find you!

Londoner
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Scary!

Volare
03-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Indeed!

Lux
03-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I do!

This is my destiny Lux! And I won't let you...or anyone...destroy this age...of...Volare!

(Sorry, I felt the need to cut a promo)

It will say "Lux is always right"

get used to it, you'll have it up for 6 months :D (same goes for you TL :p )

Londoner
03-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Dream on Lux.

Lux
03-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh I don't need to dream, its always a reality.

Londoner
03-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Only in your dreams!

Volare
So you live in deamland?

Juan
Get a room you 3

Volare
03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Do you wanna videotape?

Lux
03-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Juan, do you want to wager as well, join the RIGHT side.

Kane86
03-16-2009, 09:14 PM
I'll Dip my nuts in spagetthi sauce.............

Volare
03-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Ummm...what in hell does that have to do with anything?

Lux
03-17-2009, 03:28 AM
It means the Age Of Volare is coming to a close as soon as the MITB match is over.

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2009, 05:02 AM
I'm going to back the Christian or Shelton winning team here. My guess is that MVP wins the US Title before or after WrestleMania, so Shelton can move up anyway. Christian winning seems like the best pick right now.

Impeccable
03-17-2009, 05:05 AM
I'm going to back the Christian or Shelton winning team here. My guess is that MVP wins the US Title before or after WrestleMania, so Shelton can move up anyway. Christian winning seems like the best pick right now.

There's always one that just has to bring the thread back on topic

Londoner
03-17-2009, 05:25 AM

Good man.

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Some news for the 500th Episode of SmackDown!.

Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP for the WWE United States Championship is confirmed. Yeah, I'm just putting this in the spoiler tags to be safe. But this seems like the perfect time and place to take the US Title off Shelton Benjamin, and put it back on Montel.

Londoner
03-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Some news for the 500th Episode of SmackDown!.

Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP for the WWE United States Championship is confirmed. Yeah, I'm just putting this in the spoiler tags to be safe. But this seems like the perfect time and place to take the US Title off Shelton Benjamin, and put it back on Montel.

Interesting.

St. Jimmy
03-17-2009, 07:16 AM
I was but not so much now. Here's my run down.

Edge vs. Cena vs. Big Show: zZzZzZz CENA OVERCOMES TEH ODDZ. wtfever.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton: Won't be the Main Event, but will be the best singles match on the card. I have a feeling H will retain.

Jeff vs. Matt: Jeff Wins and Matt can go back to ECDubya.

Jericho vs. Legends: Unless they go somewhere instead of just challenging legends crap (and no I do not want Rourke near the fucking ring) then I just stopped caring.

MiTB: Christian or Punk wins. Other than that and no one will fucking care.

Dive Battle Pissbreak: Title says it all.

Tag Title Bullshit: YAWN.

IC Title Match: As long as they do something cool with JBL I will be pleased.

Icon vs. Streak: HBK all the way. Probably the show-stealer.

Better than the card in recent years, but still "Meh"

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2009, 08:49 AM
How I see WrestleMania going:

The show should open with John Morrison & The Miz vs. The Colons. That would be a classic tag team match to begin the proceedings. Morrison & Miz win the WWE Tag Team Championship here, and retain the World Tag Team Titles.

They can then do JBL vs. Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental Championship, with JBL putting both the title and his career on the line (something Mysterio goads him into). JBL eats 619, and the springboard splash, and Mysterio wins the IC Title and again sends JBL to the commentary table.

Brothers collide next, in the first non-title match of the night, Matt and Jeff Hardy pull out the stops and put on a sleeper much better than expected. I'd love to see Matt Hardy go over, but Jeff Hardy picks up the win with the Swanton Bomb, to give the people their moment.

Money in the Bank happens now, and gets a bit of a later treatment than it does most years. Christian wins MITB, knocking down last year's winner, CM Punk, last. Christian goes on to be drafted to SmackDown! and defend the briefcase against a lot of the talent there.

We then get an interlude where we get a lot of backstage stuff. Maybe a comedy segment with Santino Marella, Jamie Noble and William Regal? That would kick a lot of ass. You then get the Hall of Fame Class of 2009 on stage.

Chris Jericho's stuff immediately follows the Hall of Fame stuff, and he loses to Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka with assist from Ric Flair, Mickey Rourke and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker tear it up in an insta-classic. They do so many spots where it looks like HBK is going to win the match (he hits the Sweet Chin Music like three times), but Taker keeps kicking out. Michaels even gets to be the second man to ever kick out of the Tombstone. A second Tombstone seals the deal, however, and Taker goes up 17-0.

Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne are the unlucky souls that get to go after Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. Swagger retains the ECW Championship with the Gutwrench Powerbomb, in a match that goes forgotten because of its placement on the card, and possibly the time it is given.

John Cena overcomes the odds, and pins Big Show with the Attitude Adjustment to win his second World Heavyweight Championship. He then gets drafted to SmackDown!, where he and Edge continue the exact same program from 2005.

Vince McMahon comes out and does a little speech about just what WrestleMania means. Basically his first appearance back after getting kicked in the head, and thanking us for making the 25th WrestleMania possible.

This is where they crown the first-ever Miss WrestleMania. The match should come down to Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Natalya and Gail Kim. Mickie James goes first, then Natalya is tossed. Santino Marella enters the ring and tosses out Gail Kim, looking like the biggest scum bucket, and giving his girlfriend the crown of "Miss WrestleMania."

Finally, you close the show with Triple H vs. Randy Orton, where they do the swerve that everyone sees coming, where Stephanie McMahon sides with Randy Orton, and we get almost an inverse form of WrestleMania 2000. Orton walks out of WrestleMania the three-time WWE Champion.

Xero
03-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Putting the MITB match after something like Matt vs Jeff is ridiculous. There needs to be a buffer.

I'd put the ECW title match between them and put the IC title match after Taker/Michaels.

Ruien
03-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Hate that you put the Divas match so close to the main event, but understanding why you did it. Looked for something to switch with it on the card, but realized everything falls into place. No title match is allowed to come after the Raw Brand Title match, and placing HBK and The Undertaker would not work. For the simple fact, the three main matches of the night can not all come at once.

Team Sheep
03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
At 22 we had the stupid pillow match before the main event. I see why it's done though, it's sort of a break in anticipation for the night's main clash.