PDA

View Full Version : IYO: Same Enterance sets for all the wwe shows

GD
03-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Do they piss you off? :mad:

Xero
03-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Not too much.

I think the main reason they did the same set was because of the double and triple tapings and being inconsistent.

GD
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I was watching some old tapes and I really miss the Smackdown enterance set during the brand split era.

thedamndest
03-26-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't notice anymore. Raw pretty much looks the same, and truth be told, Smackdown looks better than it did in past incarnations. By that I mean it looks more like a serious business show, and less like a giant fist punched through the wall.

FourFifty
03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
They don't piss me off, they just annoy me.

GD
03-26-2009, 04:14 PM
I beg to differ. The feeling is mutual.

Gertner
03-26-2009, 04:16 PM
I really wish that they would have kept the ECW entrance set that they were using when they first re-started the brand. I thought they looked pretty cool.

James Steele
03-26-2009, 04:21 PM
They do cool stuff for the PPVs, so it makes the PPVs a bit more special which is nice.

Team Sheep
03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
It annoys me a little bit, because the old sets really gave each show their own identity. But I understand why they do it. It's an impressive set designed for HD television, and as has been said, it's easier when they're doing double tapings like ECW before Raw, and such.

Funky Fly
03-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Nah, it's better this way. The current set up allows for universal entrances for cross brand feuds. So say Mysterio coming out on Smackdown for a one time appearance doesn't have screwed up lighting and pyro because the set is different. Plus, the whole thing being made of screens is cool. Much more dynamic (and unique) intros. Like when Orton comes out, he has all the outer screens flash blue/white right when the heavy notes come in at the end of the verses in his theme. Nice touch there.

Nicky Fives
03-26-2009, 05:05 PM
as long as they change the colour of the ropes, I do not even notice it.

parkmania
03-26-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't mind the same setup, but I think they could still do something graphically to differentiate the shows, kinda like a licence plate holder around the edges of the HD entryway.

GD
03-26-2009, 05:12 PM
I am just happy that Smackdown got the steel steps. Didn't they?

Stealth-Icon
03-26-2009, 06:44 PM
I am not gay therefore I don't notice the set designs

Dorkchop
03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't mind it. It would be nice if Smackdown had a different set, but whatever. I just wish they'd ditch the blue lights on Smackdown.

James Steele
03-26-2009, 06:59 PM
I am not gay therefore I don't notice the set designs

I noticed that you are a fucking tool.

The Gold Standard
03-26-2009, 08:08 PM
They do cool stuff for the PPVs, so it makes the PPVs a bit more special which is nice.

And Raw, Smackdown, and ECW are just regular shows, no need to spice them up with the entrance way

SIDRA
03-26-2009, 08:50 PM
I mentioned something similar to this in another thread. I don't like the same set up on all three shows. It defeats kayfabe, and seems lazy too me.
I think all three shows should be ran in a matter that makes them all seem separate from each other.

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0048/6877/wwe-logo_feature.jpg

WWE as RAW mon Monday nights. with the HD set.

http://guitarfixation.com/images/pic/ecw_logo.png

ECW as ECW. With a more gritty public access/independent/low budget look.

http://gamingkliq.com/extremetwist/WCW_Logo2.png

SMACKDOWN becomes WCW (Dare I say Thunder?) and gets the old WCW Nitro logo set (My fav wrestling stage ever.) And a WCW/TNA style lighting/camera set up.

Also WCW should have the rubber covered steel ropes. And ECW should have there logo on the mat.

RAW and PPV's are the only ones done in HD.

Thats just my opinion. I think it would help crate a "Kayfabe" sepration in brands. And roster jumps would mean more because the production value changes between shows, so the talent will look a little different and or there entrances will be bigger or smaller.

Xero
03-26-2009, 08:53 PM
I really don't see how it "defeats" Kayfabe. It's not like they run RAW, SmackDown! and ECW as if they weren't under the WWE banner.

Also, not doing HD on every show is just stupid. HD isn't exactly a gray area anymore, if you have HD capabilities you use it, if you don't you get it. It's not the future, it's now.

Droford
03-26-2009, 10:05 PM
The only thing I dont get is the dumb looking WWE logo statue. Someones gotta climb that thing or throw someone into it or something, otherwise its just stupid and useless.

James Steele
03-26-2009, 10:47 PM
WWE likes to have their logo EVERYWHERE. That is why watching anything from the attitude era is blurrier than Japanese genitals.

Xero
03-26-2009, 11:01 PM
I love it when they miss an obvious logo on the blurring. Sometimes I think about screen capping them and sending them to the WWF legal department.

You know, just to see what happens.

James Steele
03-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I can't imagine how much of a pain in the ass it was to blur out all that footage. They even go through the signs in the crowd.

Xero
03-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Seriously.

I have to believe that the time and money they've put in on the blurring would have been covered by now if they came to some sort of agreement with the Fund.

Honestly, if they just worked it out that they didn't have to blur and only censor someone saying it would be such an improvement. Because how often did someone say "WWF" anyway?

DaVe
03-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Anyway, back on topic: it sort of annoys me that they're all the same sets. But I think its more that I prefer the old sets that look more like a place for wrestling than over-produced theatre like most stuff appears in the WWE today. Gritty > Over-produced. Although it might just be nostalgia.

Jeritron
03-28-2009, 03:21 PM
It doesn't matter to me. It's just one step of many into a more streamlined and unified product, IMO.
At this point, the only thing really setting things apart is the multiple world titles. The talent is all over eachothers shows, the storylines are often mixed, the ppvs are unified, and soon the tag titles will be.

Jeritron
03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Miz and Morrison hold the Raw tag titles, are on the ECW roster, and fued on Smackdown.