PDA

View Full Version : Dead wrestlers today...

Mooияakeя™
03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Say over the last 15 years.

Out of the wrestlers who have died, who if they were alive today, do you think would be the most popular / over / successful (i.e. got titles, was a top heel/face and was still employed) right now.

Nark Order
03-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Eddie would have gotten a couple more reigns as champ at the very least.

Xero
03-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Rumors would probably be flying that Benoit was going to retire around this time.

Mr. JL
03-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Eddie easily...

ozzman6669
03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
Curt Henning, I always wanted to see a good feud between him and Shawn Michaels.

I really miss Eddie too.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Eddie
Brian Pillman

KayfabeMan
03-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Owen Hart.

If he wanted to be. He may have retired, as he'd planned to.

CSL
03-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Eddie
Brian Pillman

Owen Hart.

If he wanted to be. He may have retired, as he'd planned to.

Also, at a stretch, Davey Boy. He was 'talking' with Vince in the weeks leading to his death apparently

Krimzon7
03-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Pillman Hands Down. He may have been the top foil to SCSA.
Benoit would be a walking legend. Eddie would be around carrying SD! in a way that Rey could only dream.
Henning and Rick Rude would be solid GM material right now.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-31-2009, 10:23 PM
not HennING its HennIG

Krimzon7
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
I stand correctED. Other than the grammatical oversight, would you oppose the sentiment?

Loose Cannon
03-31-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't think Pillman would of been at the top like you'll are thinking. He was seriously crippled by 97 and could barely have matches. He would of most likely been done in 98/99. He was in serious pain during the last months of his life. He had to take a shit load of pills just to get through his nights.

Hennig already had his run and he came back as a jobber anyway. He wouldn't of achieved anything higher.

Benoit got as high as possibly could in 2004

Eddie would of probbaly had more reigns, yes, I agree with that.

But I think if there was anyone who had the chance to achieve more then he did if he did not pass, you would have to say Owen. He was probably in the worst part of his career when he passed away (minus his Rocket years, but he was just starting out then) and I think he could of easily entered into a feud with Austin for the World Title. Or definately with HHH as they had history.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Oddly enough, I don't know if Austin would be as big if Pillman wouldn't have died. Don't get me wrong, Austin would have been big, but Pillman probably would have ended up being just as "anti-authority" as Austin, plus, he had the whole Loose Cannon thing going for him. Basically, I think he would have taken some of the spotlight off of Austin.

Kane86
03-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Benoit, the British Bulldog,Owen, and Curt Henning

Zen v.W.o.
03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Well, Pillman was always the guy Austin credits for helping him become better and more driven. Even during their time together I thought Pillman was the overall better performer of the two, in both a wrestling sense and in terms of mic skills etc.

Pillman may have had a major ankle problem near the end, but if he could manage coping with that it wouldnt matter..he had everything to become a major star.

Owen would also be right up there, along with Eddie.

But imo, Pillman died right before the time wrestling would have fit his character to the letter. Pillman had the potential to be right there alongside Austin, at least as a foil/his biggest rival.

Gertner
03-31-2009, 10:45 PM
Benoit, the British Bulldog,Owen, and Curt Henning

God are you retarded.

Gertner
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
Eddie of course.

I really wish we could have seen more of Mike Awesome in the WWE. Got a raw deal and I believe he could have done well if given another run.

Kane86
03-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Eddie of course.

I really wish we could have seen more of Mike Awesome in the WWE. Got a raw deal and I believe he could have done well if given another run.

I am getting tired of your shit. Come and make me shut up.

Loose Cannon
03-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, Pillman was always the guy Austin credits for helping him become better and more driven. Even during their time together I thought Pillman was the overall better performer of the two, in both a wrestling sense and in terms of mic skills etc.

Pillman may have had a major ankle problem near the end, but if he could manage coping with that it wouldnt matter..he had everything to become a major star.

But imo, Pillman died right before the time wrestling would have fit his character to the letter. Pillman had the potential to be right there alongside Austin, at least as a foil/his biggest rival.

Pillman was easily the better performer of the two in the Blondes. He was the teacher in that tag team. Austin was a great talker, but Austin kind of had one dimension during his WWF run. He just talked about whooping ass. Pillman on the other hand had about 9 layers to his character and could do more. Pillman had all the potential in the world in his character and mic work during that time, but you got to understand, his ankle was like Shawn's back and like Dynamite's neck and like Rude's back. There would of been no way he could of worked the main event schedule with that problem. Just hearing wrestlers today talk about him and what pain he was in just makes me wonder how the fuck he even made it to the arena most nights in 97.

Fox
03-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Buff Bagwell's career

Kane86
03-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Buff Bagwell's career

What is he doing these days?

Krimzon7
03-31-2009, 11:05 PM
lines of cocaine

Kane86
03-31-2009, 11:12 PM
lines of cocaine

I wanna do cocaine with him it would make for a thread on the forums. Like "Hey I went to an indy show this weekend and go to do some cocaine in the Parking Lot wit Buff Bagwell," I think it woud be a good time.

KayfabeMan
04-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Off-topic, not that it's ever on-topic ...so to speak...,

Does anyone else besides me think that the title of this thread would make a great magazine / digest name??

Hornicane
04-01-2009, 12:58 AM
I'd subscribe. :y:

FourFifty
04-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Mass Transit :wavesad: :(

RP
04-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Adrian Adonis or Rowdy Roddy Piper

Shisen Kopf
04-01-2009, 02:01 AM
I would have to say that the Ultimate Warrior would be awesome if he weren't dead. Remember when the Warrior died or something and then they brought in a replacement warrior in 1992. I think he had a perm. Awful.

Gertner
04-01-2009, 06:45 AM

WAHHHHHHHHH! Nobody cares fag.

AJHayes
04-01-2009, 11:12 AM

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

You complete me Kane86. I've found someone to hate again, you've given me a reason to post.

Johnny Vegas
04-01-2009, 11:28 AM

Pillman was before his time.

Jeritron
04-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Owen. That is of course if he stuck around like people were talking about. He may have retired later that year.

In any event, I could have seen him getting a main event push in late 2000. I certainly think he'd be a stronger candidate thatn Rikishi for who hit Austin if he were around at the time. I think it'd be a great way to re-kindle the blackheart heel and throw him into the mix with Austin, Rock and HHH.
His whole motivation in the fued could be that he sat back and watched all of these guys he had history with move on to better things, and he was a victim, so he took matters into his own hands.

I've heard that they were talking about a similar gimmick for him after the Blue Blazer thing was over. I think Russo said it himself.

I also think he would have had great success in the uppermidcard over those years, as well. Shortly after his death, the gimmicks began to fade and the influx of real wrestlers from WCW began to take over. I'd have loved to see him work with the likes of Eddie, Angle and Jericho. One of Jericho's lifelong dreams was to become tag team champions with Owen, and I think that would have happened.