PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another New Dragonball Z thread

Dark-Slicer Diago
04-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Dragonball Z is being remade in April called Dragon Ball Kai. It'll be exactly the same as Dragonball Z meaning Raditz is the first enemy and rumored to only have 100 episodes. It will also be in Japan only for now but Funimation has already licensed it for distribution in North America and it's being said that this remake will NOT contain the filler sagas, only those that were in the Manga. Here's proof of it's existance and not an April Fools joke because it's been rumored since Feburary
TV Spot
<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QET1Mzb_T0"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>
Toei (http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_kai/)

Translation on the website says it starts April 5th.

Lock Jaw
04-01-2009, 09:06 PM
That looks like the exact same quality of animation. Also, screw remaking DBZ.

If anything remake the superior Dragonball, which had kinda crappy

Kalyx triaD
04-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Okay... I would have continued the Buu era and rewrote the GT stupidity but whatever.

Gone Mad
04-02-2009, 04:25 PM
From Wikipedia...

In February 2009, Toei announced that they would begin rebroadcasting Dragon Ball Z as part of the series' 20th anniversary celebrations. Scheduled to begin on April 5, 2009, under the name Dragon Ball Kai, the episodes will be remastered for HDTV, featuring updated opening and ending sequences, and a rerecording of the vocal tracks by the original cast.

Kalyx triaD
04-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Basically what Funimation did a year or two ago? Good for them, I guess.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Seems a really weird thing to do. Would rather see GT remade, as already said.

Kalyx triaD
04-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I rather see GT retconned altogether Terminator 3 style. I still believe the Buu era characters and situations were the highlight of DBZ. Just continue that and rewrite GT.