PDA

View Full Version : The Life on Mars final show ruined my day

Hanso Amore
04-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Seriously, I thought this was an awesome show.

Regardless of of whether you liked it or not, the ending was horrible.

Instead of sticking to the UK shows theme, which was awesome, they just made some random shit up.

Seriously, it was so bad I wanted to cry. Worst thing I have ever seen.

It was like they were pissed about getting cancelled so they just said "Fuck it, lets make some random bullshit!"

SO Random, So Stupid!

PapaGeorgio
04-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Lol just read the ending on Wiki, WOW. Pretty ridiculous ending if you ask me. I was a fan of UK version ending, the entire show was great. I tried watching US one but just couldn't do it, felt like I was cheating on UK one. Glad I didn't put in the effort seeing how that was the ending...

Mooияakeя™
04-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Not being funny, but this is why they should leave shit as it is. Maybe do a remake down the line, but ffs, hate all this "US version". I'm sure there is a UK version of many things that might just be as crap, but when LoM was soooo good, and u guys got it in the US, I don't see why they went and did this?

Is it not a real TV show unless it's been made within US territory? Stargate SG-1 remake? cos it isn't fully American?

I'm not fully against US programs by the way, just not the biggest fan of US versions of The Office, LoM and Eleventh Hour. That's 3 out of 3 i have watched. So from my point of view, it's just an epic fail.

PapaGeorgio
04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I think the problem is they try to hard to be like the original show. Example, The Office. The first season of The Office was trying to recreate the UK version. But the second season came, and they started to do their own thing, to the point you can't really compare the two as they tried to do different things.

For LoM, from what I saw it tried to be to much like the UK version. Just remaking it with American accents to Americans will watch it. But it just didn't work out, and some people enjoyed it but it didn't feel right, for me at least. And I didn't see that much of it I admit, but watching it made me just want to watch the UK version.

Last night we were discussing this and my one friend said he would probably download it and watch the series quick, which I encouraged him to give the UK version a try instead. Now that I see the ending, I will definitely push for the UK version.

thedamndest
04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I have not seen Life on Mars UK, but I am sure it was better than this version. This came across as Law and Order - Time Travel Version and like they were aiming for the Lost audience.

thedamndest
04-04-2009, 12:40 PM
I think the problem is they try to hard to be like the original show.

Yeah, another good example of this would be Coupling US. They didn't even change the script except to take out Tony Blair. Obviously a large portion of the jokes that worked in Coupling UK didn't work on NBC's version and I don't think the show lasted more than two episodes.

Hanso Amore
04-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I heard the IT crowd is next up on the block.

Mooияakeя™
04-04-2009, 03:02 PM

OMFG NO. Please. why????

16 seconds of how to use ur voice to act!

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfq3B9JvIcQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfq3B9JvIcQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Lord-Of-Darkness
04-04-2009, 03:34 PM

Yeah, although from what I've heard Moss is going to be in the US version. New American cast to play Roy and Jen though, or their counterparts at least.

RBM
04-04-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't think the IT Crowd remake was picked up. Good show though. I catch it on IFC occasionally.

Keep in mind our major US networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX) would never air a foreign show in prime time. It wouldn't be worth it to them unless they had full control of the number of episodes to fit into whatever schedule they decide on and if the show was a success they would want quite a few more episodes than what most UK shows tend to run to before they end. While UK shows could do well enough being played on our smaller cable channels, they just wouldn't go over too well with the larger, fickle crowds of the network channels.

Hence the remakes which barring the Office, tend to be trash. Shouldn't be that big of a shocker, though. Look at the alarming rate of remakes or ill conceived sequels that the movie industry is popping out. Unless an idea has some sort of built in following, it seems that these producers are way too scared to try anything new.

CSL
04-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Just read the ending on Wiki. LOL

Downunder
04-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I watched the first two episodes of the yank version, and that was an episode and a half too many - fucking rubbish.

Downunder
04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Just read the ending on Wiki. LOL

:rofl::rofl:

Jesus christ that was terrible

Sting Fan
04-07-2009, 05:04 AM
I cant get into the U.S. version either, yet seemingly over here some bastard decided to stop showing the Brit version in favour of the U.S. version.

DaveBrawl
04-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one thrown off by that ending.

thedamndest
04-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Sounds like just canceling the show would have been better. I guess they wanted to be able to sell DVDs to all 14 people who watched it.

mitchables
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Also just wiki'd the ending and I have to say: what the fuck?

Mooияakeя™
04-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Btw, UK peeps, does anyone watch Ashes to Ashes, and if so, u do know 2nd series starts on 20th April right?

The Mackem
04-09-2009, 07:58 AM
What? Coupling US? Wasn't that just a UK version of Friends in the first place?