PDA

View Full Version : Rated R Classic Books The Draft

Mr. C
04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Here were are one week away from the Draft on April 13th in Atlanta. Yet another three hours of RAW to fill, thanks to the suits who feel the product is so sterling, we actually need more time to devote to it, so all this got me thinking about what I’d like to see. How would I book this episode of RAW? Here are my ideas:

Christian to SmackDown: SmackDown lacks star power, and Christian is a star who’s being held back in ECW. Have Christian get his push.

Jim Ross to RAW & Michael Cole to SmackDown: You’d think they’d have the sense to swap JR and Cole back around. I’d love to see King & JR back together. JBL & Cole to SmackDown, please.

Jamie Noble to ECW: Put Noble in ECW, give him something to do.

John Cena to SmackDown: Looking at what’s just happened, it seems like it’ll be Cena moving to SmackDown and Triple-H moving back to RAW.

MVP to RAW: With the rumors of Rey Mysterio going back to SmackDown, it begs the question of whether they do a swap of the titles and MVP goes to RAW.

Rey Mysterio to SmackDown: See MVP.

Triple-H to RAW: See John Cena.

Vladimir Kozlov to RAW: I’d love to see Kozlov on RAW.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind having Cole and JBL on Raw. JBL reminds me of Lawler in the mid to late 90s and actually gives Cole a reason to be around. Plus with Raw being live, they need at least one commentator who isn't prone to fuckups. That's JBL.

ClockShot
04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
With mynetwork TV in limbo right now, I could see Cena going to Smackdown to give it a kick in the ass, and let the kiddies follow.

Jeez
04-06-2009, 06:55 PM
JBL won't be doing commentary.

http://fans.wwe.com/JBL/blog

Xero
04-06-2009, 06:56 PM
"I don't plan on doing commentary, in fact; it hasn't even been brought up to me"

Bullshit, I don't believe that.

Loose Cannon
04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind having Cole and JBL on Raw. JBL reminds me of Lawler in the mid to late 90s and actually gives Cole a reason to be around. Plus with Raw being live, they need at least one commentator who isn't prone to fuckups. That's JBL.

JBL posted today that he was done for good and that he's moving on

Anyway, I'd like to see Taker come to Raw, I'd like to see MVP on Raw and I'd like to see Macho Man Randy Savage come to Raw

If Cena is going to ever turn heel sometime soon, keep him on Raw. If not, ship him away.

Loose Cannon
04-06-2009, 07:01 PM
yea, I had the post window opened for like 10 minutes before hitting reply.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Alright well then give Striker the promotion he deserves.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Hell, let Striker do all three shows.

screech
04-06-2009, 07:09 PM
I'd like to see Macho Man Randy Savage come to Raw

RAW would be filled with MACHO MADNESS! OHHH YEAHHH!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Igui65gY5M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Igui65gY5M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Evil Vito
04-06-2009, 07:39 PM
<font color=goldenrod>From the sounds of things, a lot of the moves are going to be un-doing last year's draft, which really looks retarded when you have the same guys getting drafted out of an entire roster. I mean I know "anything can happen in WWE" but come on now.

At least in the 07 draft they had a few lower carders get drafted on TV to make it look the least bit random.</font>

parkmania
04-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Do we actually know how this draft is going to be handled? With Vickie being in charge of the A and B shows, in theory she could just say "You go here, you go there, and Teddy, you shut your mouth."

Xero
04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I think they should just have Vince announce that new GMs will be announced for each show at the beginning of the draft.

Krimzon7
04-07-2009, 09:06 AM
I would like for Striker to get the promotion that he deserves. And but he has a good thing going on ECW with his partner. Don't split them up, just send them to Smack Down!
Let Cole rot away there, or let Joey Styles do the one man show.

Krimzon7
04-07-2009, 09:08 AM
On a completely unrelated note, How about Haas with his own Nutrition site! good for him that he is working with JBL to get some other ventures off the ground. This world's greatest jobber shit won't last forever.

HE SHOULD GET DRAFTED TO SD! Him and Benjamin would be great together in a no comedic role.

The Gold Standard
04-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Christian should not leave ECW yet. I am not sure it is fair to say he is being held back since he just got there. He got a title shot without even really earning it and was put in MITB, one of the biggest matches at Mania. We need to try and forget the past with Christian and have him built up again.

ECW can't lose Christian either. He is their top face and the same thing that happened to Punk and Kofi can happen with him.

Keep him there for another year and, hopefully, he will become the star he was in TNA.

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Well, calling the supplementary draft is pretty much choosing 15 people that will randomly be moved. I think they'll do one pretty big move in it, and that could be moving MVP from SmackDown! to RAW, with the US Title going, too. I can't see them doing too many complete swaps during the broadcast, but I do see Rey and MVP swapping shows. I think Rey gets drafted to SmackDown!, and they try and create interest with the IC and US Champions being on the same show, only for MVP to move over. So, with MVP, the list of people I can see randomly moving shows:

1. MVP (United States Champion) to RAW
2. William Regal to ECW
3. Charlie Haas to SmackDown!
4. Jamie Noble to ECW
5. Shad Gaspard to SmackDown!
6. Matt Striker to SmackDown!
7. The Brian Kendrick to ECW
8. R-Truth to RAW
9. Jerry Lawler to ECW
10. Hurricane Helms to ECW
11. Jesse to RAW
12. Ricky Ortiz to RAW
13. Layla to ECW
14. Ezekiel Jackson to ECW
15. Tyson Kidd to SmackDown!

As for the main draft, they'll probably do that "winner of matches gets a draft pick" thing. That means the main draft will probably only consist of a few big moves. Last year, there were nine matches and eleven moves. I'll go one more this year, with twelve main moves.

To RAW:
1. Jeff Hardy
2. John Morrison
3. Jim Ross (Announcer Pick)
4. Triple H (WWE Champion)
5. The Undertaker

To SmackDown!:
6. Kofi Kingston
7. Rey Mysterio (Intercontinental Champion)
8. Mickie James (Diva Pick)
9. Chris Jericho
10. John Cena (World Heavyweight Champion)
11. Christian

To ECW:
12. Mr. Kennedy

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Some ideas for the card:

* Rey Mysterio (RAW) defeats MVP (SmackDown!) in a Champion vs. Champion Match, and RAW gets Jeff Hardy.

* CM Punk & Kofi Kingston defeat John Morrison & The Miz, and RAW gets John Morrison.

* Jack Swagger defeats Festus, and ECW gets Mr. Kennedy.

* Gail Kim defeats Santina Marella and Katie Lea Burchill in a Triple Threat Match, and SmackDown! gets Mickie James.

* Jeff Hardy defeats Matt Hardy via countout, and RAW gets The Undertaker.

* Carlito & Primo defeat Legacy, and SmackDown! gets Kofi Kingston.

* Shelton Benjamin defeats Ricky Steamboat, and SmackDown! gets Chris Jericho.

* Team SmackDown! (Edge, Big Show, The Great Khali, Chris Jericho & R-Truth) defeat Team RAW (Triple H, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, The Undertaker & Kane) and Team ECW (Tommy Dreamer, Finlay, Christian, Mark Henry & Evan Bourne), and SmackDown! gets John Cena and Christian.

XL
04-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I really don't want to see a double champ switch or an announcer switch, they've both been done before.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I would love to see a Ricky Steamboat (RAW) vs. Shelton Benjamin (SmackDown!) match. Steamboat gets his chance to shine again, and people mark out. Eventually he goes to the well one too many times, and Benjamin counters a double axe handle attempt off the top rope into a Paydirt. Benjamin gets the pin for SmackDown!, and the blue brand gets...Chris Jericho.

Jericho marches to the ring in a suit, and starts kicking the crap out of Steamboat, screaming about how his fuck up has cost him his position on RAW. Benjamin is walking up the ramp, content with his victory, but then stops, turns to Jericho and Steamboat, slides back into the ring, and pulls Jericho off Steamboat. Jericho starts screaming at Shelton "What is this, Shelton?!?" and he pushes Benjamin back, which sets of Shelton, and he takes out Jericho with a Paydirt. Face turn.

Cue Chris Jericho and Shelton Benjamin feuding on Friday nights, leading to a Backlash match where Ricky Steamboat is in Shelton's corner against Jericho.

Just a random angle I'd like to see take place during/after the draft. I think 2009 is the year that Shelton could step up, and I just think the guy works better as a face than a heel. A feud with Jericho, one of the best wrestlers and best heels on the roster would help get him there pretty fast.

GD
04-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I really hope they do the Draft lottery like they did with Paul and Eric.

Evil Vito
04-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I really hope they do the Draft lottery like they did with Paul and Eric.

<font color=goldenrod>Yeah I preferred that, but it was already confirmed on Raw that it's gonna be the same format as the last two years.</font> :-\

GD
04-10-2009, 02:07 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah I preferred that, but it was already confirmed on Raw that it's gonna be the same format as the last two years.</font> :-\

:'(

James Steele
04-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I did that draft board thing on WWE.com and I would like to see this

RAW DRAFT PICKS:
Edge
Big Show
Undertaker
Evan Bourne
John Morrison
The Miz

SMACKDOWN DRAFT PICKS:
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
John Cena
Christian
CM Punk

ECW DRAFT PICKS:
The Great Khali
Hurricane Helms
Golddust
William Regal
Mr. Kennedy
Layla

James Steele
04-10-2009, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't be suprised by this being the actual draft:

RAW DRAFT PICKS:
Tony Chimel
Evan Bourne
Ricky Ortiz
John Morrison
Todd Grisham
Matt Striker
Alicia Fox
Big Show
Christian
Jesse
Shelton Benjamin
Festus
Paul Burchill
Jimmy Wang Yang
Tommy Dreamer
Justin Roberts
Mr. Kennedy
Carlito
Brie Bella
Chavo Guerrero
Tiffany
Undertaker
Jim Ross
The Brian Kendrick
Umaga
Mark Henry
DH Smith
Nikki Bella
Triple H
Edge
Kung Fu Naki
Vladimir Kozlov
The Great Khali
Theodore Long
Ezekiel Jackson
Zack Ryder
Jeff Hardy
DJ Gabriel
Hurricane Helms
Jack Swagger
Michelle McCool
The Miz
Montel Vontavious Porter
Katie Lea Burchill
Tony Atlas
Tyson Kidd
Ranjin Singh
Curt Hawkins
Natalya
Matt Hardy
Maryse
Eve
Maria
Finlay
R-Truth
Primo
Hornswoggle

SMACKDOWN DRAFT PICKS:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Santino Marella

ECW DRAFT PICKS:
Dolph Ziggler
Charlie Haas

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Truthfully, I could see a Justin Roberts/Lilian Garcia swap in the draft. Roberts seems to have a lot of backing as ring announcer, and he doesn't fuck up nearly as much as Tony Chimel or Garcia. He should be the guy on RAW. Garcia would appeal to the Hispanic audience that SmackDown! apparently goes for, and she's out of the way on SmackDown!.