PDA

View Full Version : tired of Cena and HHH in the WM main event?

Savio
04-07-2009, 04:57 PM
HHH has been in everyone except one since WM2000 (when he was injured). Cena has been since WM 21

OverTaker
04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
HBK & Undertaker shoulda been main event.

Kane86
04-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Triple H was in WM2000 he was in the fatal four way.

But I have been getting sick of Cena since 06. He doesn't gone lone enough when he gets injured. He always has to over comer the odds and come back early its getting annoying as hell.

Triple H and Orton really let me down after Sunday. That and since like 06 every match Triple H is too predictable. He has been way to routine lately with his offense. You Harley Race Knee,Spinebuster, Pedigree its over. Its sad really.....:nono:

Kane86
04-07-2009, 05:29 PM
HBK & Undertaker shoulda been main event.

Totally agree....

St. Jimmy
04-07-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm fine with Trips, Cena I could do without.

Lord-Of-Darkness
04-07-2009, 05:49 PM
HHH has been in everyone except one since WM2000 (when he was injured). Cena has been since WM 21

Like Kane86 said, HHH main evented in at 2000 with Foley/Rock/Show. He however did not main event X-Seven. He had a non-title match with Undertaker.

Kane86
04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm fine with Trips, Cena I could do without.

I will Triple H any day over Cena.

DAMN iNATOR
04-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I will Trip over my own words any day.

^FIXED^.

Savio
04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Like Kane86 said, HHH main evented in at 2000 with Foley/Rock/Show. He however did not main event X-Seven. He had a non-title match with Undertaker.
shit my bad

James Steele
04-10-2009, 02:23 AM
He was out for WM23 too dipshits.

James Steele
04-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Also, Triple H was only in the main event of WrestleMania 2000, WrestleMania X8, WrestleMania XX, WrestleMania 21, WrestleMania 22, and WrestleMania XXV.

Sadly, Triple H has gotten bad luck when it comes to following classic matches at X8 and XXV. WM2000 was ok, X8 was good, XX was classic, 21 made Batista (vintage buildup), 22 was all about the crowd, and XXV was bleh and the exhausted 70,000+ fans didn't help either.

GD
04-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Orton's match with HHH let me down. Shelton missing the powerbomb let me down. C.M.Punk landing ankle first and not face first after the impaler let me down. The Divas battle royal was a let down. The time period of the Intercontinental title match was a let down. In short the ppv was a let down.

Rammsteinmad
04-10-2009, 02:37 AM
To put things in perspective a bit better: Triple H has been in a World Title match for his last seven Wrestlemania appearances.

Yes, I am fed up with that!

James Steele
04-10-2009, 02:42 AM
To put things in perspective a bit better: Triple H has been in a World Title match for his last seven Wrestlemania appearances.

Yes, I am fed up with that!

I no, why the FUCK would WWE put one of their most over and proven superstars as the focus of the main event scene going into the biggest show of the year. VINCE UR A DUMBASS

Rammsteinmad
04-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Because he isn't really that big of a draw?

Rammsteinmad
04-10-2009, 02:48 AM
Oh yeah, and because in all fairness, I don't find him to actually be THAT good anymore...

Scott Delaney
04-10-2009, 03:12 AM
Triple H and John Cena are still the best in the biz...as they proved this Sunday. The fans can get tired all they want to but if these guys keep winning, then its a moot point.

Rammsteinmad
04-10-2009, 09:19 AM
:lol:

So Triple H is the best in the business today for putting on a boring, poorly-choreographed match?

Krimzon7
04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I was Tired of Cena and HHH in the WM Main Event, which is why I'm glad that Orton had a chance to work with HHH this year.

Fignuts
04-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Triple H and John Cena are still the best in the biz...as they proved this Sunday. The fans can get tired all they want to but if these guys keep winning, then its a moot point.

Your point would be moot if wrestling were staged, and the winners were predetermined.

Good thing wrestling is real tho.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Yes, I am tired of seeing it. More so Triple H than Cena, though. Triple H is just not that big of a draw. No one really cared when he walked out of WrestleMania XXV WWE Champion. It was just done so that Triple H could say he walked out of the Silver Anniversary of Mania as the top guy.

Triple H main eventing in 2000 made sense to me. A one-on-one match with The Rock would have been fine, and Trips putting Rocky over would have been great. Things worked out in retrospect, but at the time, that seemed the obvious thing to do. Triple H at Mania X-7 was just filler, but it was good filler, so good for him. He worked there. I can understand why they pushed Triple H for X-8, but I still would have gone with Jericho vs. RVD as the title match, and Austin, Triple H & The Rock teaming up to face the nWo as the non-title attraction.

In 2003, Triple H's match was wisely not the main event, but he should have put Booker T over. Alas, not to be. Probably the most annoying The Game has ever been as a performer. It seemed like Brock Lesnar vs. Chris Benoit should have main evented WrestleMania XX, but they chose to move Benoit to RAW, and with that in mind, Triple H played his role perfectly. The same goes with WrestleMania 21. WrestleMania 22 was a pretty poorly done concept for a main event, and it was obvious Cena was going to win. Not the most horrible, but far from greatness. WrestleMania XXIV was another Triple Threat, and I don't think anyone really cared.

This year, I think it should have been Edge vs. Triple H as the earlier title match on the show, with Triple H winning his ninth WWE Title there. They could have made a big deal out of it, and not put it at the end of the card, but whatever. What we got apparently made a great story, but I couldn't hold my interest, and the result has apparently disgusted people to the point where they are almost trying to retcon it by getting the WWE Title onto Randy Orton as soon as possible.

John Cena should have lost to JBL at WrestleMania 21, I feel, but since then, the only misstep they have really had with booking him at Mania, is how they use him at every time except Mania, and losing at WrestleMania XXIV. That was Cena's match to win, I feel.

Cena needs a break from title matches. I'd like to see him face either Hulk Hogan or The Undertaker at WrestleMania 26. Triple H could also face Shawn Michaels, and hopefully that wouldn't be a title match.

A7X
04-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Noid post. lol

McLegend
04-10-2009, 05:03 PM
He shouldn't have main evented WM 22. He stole it from Edge.

What a bitch.

Scott Delaney
04-10-2009, 06:03 PM

What a bitch.

How do you mean he stole it? From what I saw, Triple H worked his butt off and EARNED his spot into the main-event at Wrestlemania....even if it was ultimately in vain.

Triple H put on an excellent match with Cena and gave it his best. I would even argue that Triple H's sheer work ethic and intensity garnered him a favourable response from the crowd...at the expense of Cena.

I think I speak for all us when I say that it was exciting to see him to the old crotch chop. Michaels did the same thing earlier in the night!

Edge is great in his own right, but make no mistake about it. Triple H didn't steal anything. He earned his right.

GD
04-10-2009, 06:09 PM

What a bitch.

Well it was supposed to be Rey Mysterio in the main event if it wasn't for Randy Orton who sacrificed and saved us.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2009, 09:49 PM
The main event of WrestleMania 22 should have been Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship. I still stand by that. Angle was on fire this year, and actually had the fans right into him despite being a heel (he was fresh off a feud with Cena), whereas Johnny Boy couldn't hold a crowd. The WWE decided to give Rey Mysterio the 2006 Royal Rumble, which I don't understand. Rey and Eddie were friends, yes, but giving a guy a push based solely on that was a bit ridiculous. Especially when, in kayfabe, they had just come out of a feud where Eddie claimed to be the father of Rey's son.

Chris Benoit winning the 2006 Rumble would have been a nice tribute to Eddie Guerrero, and would have pushed a capable and credible wrestler towards his second WrestleMania main event, in the same match that really started his upwards climb to his original World Heavyweight Championship in 2003 (against Kurt Angle at the 2003 Royal Rumble).

The two would have torn the house down at WrestleMania 22, and a finish where Chris Benoit won the World Heavyweight Championship for a second time, only for the confetti and streamers to come down, reminding us of the finish to WrestleMania XX -- only now with Eddie Guerrero now absent -- would have been more than an appropriate tribute. If they wanted to push Rey Mysterio, they could have had him win Money in the Bank that year.

But given that Rey did win the Rumble, I believe that Angle vs. Mysterio should have been kept one-on-one (they had great chemistry together), and given time as the main event. John Cena vs. Triple H could have gone on earlier.

The Gold Standard
04-11-2009, 01:32 AM
This has been a something people have been complaining about for a long time. so Yes. But, when you look back, the same guys are always in the ME during certain time periods, so this probably won't change until they retire.

James Steele
04-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Noid, I am not a fan of Cena at all but you actually think JBL should have won at WrestleMania 21?

Powered Toast Man
04-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Its time to have A new wrestler in main event. I like Kennedy

The Optimist
04-11-2009, 03:12 AM
I'm fine with it one at a time, but together it's sad. I don't think it'll last.

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Noid, I am not a fan of Cena at all but you actually think JBL should have won at WrestleMania 21?

Absolutely. JBL was approaching a year as WWE Champion, and John Cena was already losing steam at this point. He had a stinker of a series with Booker T over the US Title, had turned the belt into an abomination and made Carlito and Jesus look like jokes. Granted, he was the runner-up in the Royal Rumble, but it seems like such a second-place way to get him to challenge JBL at WrestleMania.

I think if they were going to put the WWE Championship on him, they should have kept the US Title on him. But the way they rushed the belt off him and onto Orlando Jordan, just so they could make him WWE Champion was a complete rush-job. It's more the way they went about making Cena WWE Champion, but on the night of WrestleMania 21, with the things played out as they had been played out, I definitely think JBL should have cheated to retain the title. Even a loss to Cena via countout or disqualification to just build more appropriately to Cena taking the title.

Londoner
04-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Not just tired of Cena/HHH,more like sick of them/the way they're booked.

Juan
04-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Not <s>just</s> *really* tired of Cena/HHH,more like sick <s>of them/</s>the way they're booked.

7spike
04-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I kinda find parallels in the way they are booked... makes me wonder if there's like protocol or a handbook in creative offices. How did the man (Vince?) who booked (I guess, I'm not sure) Austin and Rock, end up booking his faces like this? Talent and charisma aside, there is a vast difference of how Austin/Rock and Cena/HHH are booked. Or maybe I'm high.