PDA

View Full Version : Im upset about the lack of Swagger at Wrestlemania

Jordan
04-12-2009, 02:59 AM
Whats up with that? Why did they not put his title up for grabs? Whats up with that? Im drunk?:wtf:

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2009, 03:09 AM
My theory is that they decided they wanted to keep the ECW Title on Swagger, which is why they didn't go with Swagger vs. Christian, because Swagger would then have to job, or Christian would look like a joke.

Tommy Dreamer wasn't a suitable choice, because they are going to build him up until Extreme Rules/Night of Extreme. Finlay had just gotten a title shot, Evan Bourne was fresh off returning and they probably don't want to push him too fast.

I wish they had done something with Swagger, like had him win a Battle Royal with all the male competitors left over, and fucked the Miss WrestleMania Battle Royal off, but what can you do?

IC Champion
04-12-2009, 03:14 AM
It's BDC's arch nemesis Jordan X.

IC Champion
04-12-2009, 03:14 AM
I thought he died.

GD
04-12-2009, 04:00 AM
He was the first ever ECW World Heavyweight Champion to work as a lumber jack in a Wrestlemania pre show match.

Juan
04-12-2009, 06:38 PM
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- The reason given backstage for Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne not having matches at WrestleMania is because the feeling was they hadn't been in the wrestling business long enough to earn a spot on the biggest show of the year.

In Swagger's case, not appearing on WrestleMania likely buried the ECW Championship by not having it defended on the show. It is also believed that Swagger's lackluster performance against Finlay at No Way Out played a part in the ECW Champion being left off the card. Swagger lost points with those in management due to his bad outing at the pay-per-view, so the feeling was he wasn't quite ready for a show as monumental as WrestleMania.

Fox
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
His match with Finlay at NWO was horrendous. He did not deserve a WrestleMania match, especially considering that M&M/Colons didn't make it on.

Xero
04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I just realized how generic and stupid a name like "Jack Swagger" is.

That is all.

Londoner
04-12-2009, 09:47 PM
The reason given backstage for Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne not having matches at WrestleMania is because the feeling was they hadn't been in the wrestling business long enough to earn a spot on the biggest show of the year.

That sounds like bullshit to me. They would rather have a shite womens battle royal than a 'ECW 'title match?hmmm.

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2009, 12:14 AM
I didn't see the No Way Out match between Swagger and Finlay. Was it really that bad?

Nark Order
04-13-2009, 12:19 AM
But pushing Lashley towards the moon at Wrestlemania was OK. That turned out great.

IC Champion
04-13-2009, 12:20 AM
I just realized how generic and stupid a name like "Jack Swagger" is.

That is all.

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2009, 12:20 AM
If there is heat on Swagger, I think he'll drop the ECW Title to Finlay or Christian, and find himself drafted to RAW for some mid-card time.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-13-2009, 12:23 AM
The NWO match was pretty sloppy but to put it all on Swagger is bullshit. Finlay's the veteran, and he didn't look very good either, but he gets put in MITB. Ok.

Swagger/Hardy at the Rumble was a very good match. So Swagger is even right now in terms of PPV matches. I'm sure this had more to do with politicking than any punishment. The punishment thing sounds like a made up excuse to me.

Juan
04-13-2009, 12:26 AM
The NWO match was pretty sloppy but to put it all on Swagger is bullshit. Finlay's the veteran, and he didn't look very good either, but he gets put in MITB. Ok.

Swagger/Hardy at the Rumble was a very good match. So Swagger is even right now in terms of PPV matches. I'm sure this had more to do with politicking than any punishment. The punishment thing sounds like a made up excuse to me.

I agree. I think the fact that Finlay really isn't *that* over with the crowd combined with the fact that not many people know who Swagger even is, didn't help matters.

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Well, I would have to agree. Take Triple H, for example. His match against Scott Steiner at the 2003 Royal Rumble was complete horseshit, but that didn't stop him from keeping the belt for months longer.

Time contraints seem like a big reason, and the WWE completely forgetting to book a compelling story for a title match.

Mooияakeя™
04-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Yet we get nigh on 15 minutes of Kid Rock.

I'm not 100% on the Swagger gravy train, tbf I haven't seen much of him, but still. I think a 10 minute match wouldn't have hurt, and I would of fully approved if the title was dropped to say Dreamer, who at last time of viewing was saying he wanted to win or retire. This would of been a great nod to Tommy and also I'm sure would of got some reaction of the crowd. Rather than most thinking WTF is this?

Jordan
04-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Well ok I am glad to at least read some actual response as to why he was not there. However, WWE made a huge mistake with Kid Rock at Wrestlemania, number one nobody cares about Kid Rock and number two he was absolutley horrible and annoying. Also WWE took way too long on the entrances for most wrestlers and post match walking up the ramp took way too long and dragged down the show. They could have had an extra match or two, specifically the Tag Unification match and an ECW title match with Swagger vs Dreamer, or Bourne, or at least an on air angle using Swagger in a big way. Pisses me off big time.

GD
04-13-2009, 01:11 PM
He's gonna shine one day.

He will show you, you will see.

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2009, 05:11 AM
They could have had Chris Jericho & Jack Swagger team up to face some legends. That could have been a cool angle. Not that Jericho needed Swagger in it, but it would have been a boost for the ECW Champion.

Anybody Thrilla
04-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Jack Swagger is the man and he should be on every show. His match with Cena was good too.

Fox
04-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Somebody explain to me why he walks to the ring like a bow-legged retard.

thedamndest
04-14-2009, 03:27 PM
That walk is amazing never speak ill of it again.

Anybody Thrilla
04-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Nobody is more bow-legged than Matt Hardy, asshole.

Mooияakeя™
04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Nobody is more bow-legged than Matt Hardy, asshole.

That wobble he did getting away from Jeff was amazing at the end of RAW.

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't understand why Jack Swagger isn't on every show. I mean, John Morrison, The Miz, and to a certain degree guys like Evan Bourne and Mark Henry cross the brands pretty freely as ECW Superstars -- why the fuck doesn't their Champion try and get himself some publicity?

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Swagger needs to get some credibility going by beating both MVP and Rey Mysterio in Champion vs. Champion matches.

Juan
04-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I think having a solid match against John Cena did the trick

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Haven't seen the match yet. Did Swagger actually look good, or did tapping out to Cena make him look like a bitch?

Xero
04-14-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't see why you have to be multi-brand to be over. If you're booked well you don't have to be oversaturated throughout the shows to get over.

Miz and Morrison needed it because they're a tag team and there's fuck-all tag teams on any one brand. That's the only exception I can see here.

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Well, being on all three shows increases your exposure. I don't think it's needed to get Swagger over, at all. Watching ECW, the guy has pretty good heat. It's just I don't understand why John Morrison, The Miz, Evan Bourne and Mark Henry find themselves with all these bookings, yet Swagger rarely leaves home.

Unless he turned them down because the ECW Title was giving him enough commission, and he didn't want to risk injury. There you go.

Jeritron
04-14-2009, 10:53 PM
lol wtf. Titles dont ensure making more money anymore. This isn't 1985. Also, he isn't in a position to turn stuff like that down.

Xero
04-14-2009, 10:55 PM
We're not talking Kayfabe here, after all.

Though I do like talking about KayfabeMan. :y:

Juan
04-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Unless he turned them down because the ECW Title was giving him enough commission, and he didn't want to risk injury. There you go.

lol come on Noid

Mr. Nerfect
04-15-2009, 03:51 AM
lol wtf. Titles dont ensure making more money anymore. This isn't 1985. Also, he isn't in a position to turn stuff like that down.

Yeah, wrestling is scripted, you know. :roll:

Anybody Thrilla
04-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Haven't seen the match yet. Did Swagger actually look good, or did tapping out to Cena make him look like a bitch?

Swagger looked great in the match. He tapped, but Cena had a look on his face afterwards like 'damn, this kid IS good'. I think it helped him.

Mr. Nerfect
04-16-2009, 05:23 AM
Yeah, I've seen the match. Swagger did look pretty fucking good. Cena's face did help sell Swagger as a pretty big deal. I hope the WWE remains high on the guy. He's got the goods.

GD
04-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Swagger was awesome against Cena.

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2009, 09:39 AM
He has really good chemistry with Christian. I'm looking forward to YouTubing his Backlash match against him.

XIII
04-19-2009, 09:52 AM
needs to work his lisp and he get a push

Anybody Thrilla
04-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Do you mean work his lisp to his advantage or work on getting rip of the lisp?

Casey Jones
04-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Jack Swagger is one of the most talented wrestlers in the WWE right now and should definitely have been a part of the show. I would even go as far as saying that Swagger should have won Money In The Bank.