PDA

View Full Version : Taker/Jericho

Supreme Olajuwon
04-14-2009, 02:41 PM
This seems like the logical next step in Jericho's rampage and now they're both on Smackdown. Outside of the brief time when Jericho and Taker were both parts of tag teams, I can't remember the two ever having a program together. If they did, it could be legendary.

Rammsteinmad
04-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Sounds good. We've never really seen a proper rivalry with these two, so it'd be something different.

Loose Cannon
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
woah yea, good call. I didn't even think of this. This will be amazing

Mooияakeя™
04-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Willing to watch something like this happen.

Think I'd want Jericho to go back to cocky arrogance, rather than his "I hate u all" heel stance.

If he did that, agreed this could be good. But listening to him go on and on about how the Taker promotes "burning in hell and tries to scare everyone" etc. etc. would just make me hate him and this is Jericho, I don't want that to happen at all.

Jeritron
04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
I think it has a ton of potential. As a matter of fact, I think it has so much potential that it should be saved for next years Wrestlemania.
I can't think of anything better than this for either of them to do at next year's event.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-14-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't know how they could hold off on it for that long. Maybe Summerslam, but not Wrestlemania. WWE needs a hot program like right now and this is it.

Londoner
04-14-2009, 03:49 PM
woah yea, good call. I didn't even think of this. This will be amazing

:y:

Loose Cannon
04-14-2009, 05:14 PM
ask and you shall recieve

accrording to reports......yep :love:

Lock Jaw
04-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Maybe he'll spill some herbal beverage onto Taker, sparking the feud.

Calamondin
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Jericho/Taker needs to happen. It's one of those feuds I've always wanted to see. Benoit/Taker was another one, but since someone had to go and kill themselves and their family, that never happened.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, Taker just killed his family and stopped there. Although he's been pretty messed up ever since.

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2009, 10:14 PM
This is a feud I actually want to see. Mainly because the wrestling would be awesome, and because Jericho would carry the feud on the stick. It ties perfectly into his current character: "You all cheer for a man who shows up once every couple of months, who refuses to get out of the spotlight, who threatens the lives and well-being of his opponents under the guise of 'mind games,' you are all hypocrites."

Jericho would ground The Undertaker's character in a realm of realism, which is what I find I really need to enjoy the Dead Man. Somehow these two have avoided being in a feud with each other for the past decade almost. The WWE has been (inadvertantly?) saving this one, so it should be pretty fucking awesome.

The Gold Standard
04-15-2009, 12:32 AM
I don't know how they could hold off on it for that long. Maybe Summerslam, but not Wrestlemania. WWE needs a hot program like right now and this is it.

Summerslam would be the perfect time for it. It is a hot program that continues Jericho's character of hating legends and could produce some of the greatest promos ever.

Impeccable
04-15-2009, 04:16 AM
I was coming here to post exactly this...no bigger legend currently active than Undertaker, which would make sense for Jericho.

7spike
04-15-2009, 12:22 PM
To me, it would be the most ideal and logical follow-up. That and Jericho and Taker would tear the house down too, I figure. One thing about Jericho that I find very interesting is his realistic take on what he has problems with and how he speaks about it. It seems very unlike any of the roster. I could do without him overusing the word 'hypocrite' every so often, but I guess he's supposed to make me hate the fact that he's saying it so often.

Damian Rey
04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
I think it has a ton of potential. As a matter of fact, I think it has so much potential that it should be saved for next years Wrestlemania.
I can't think of anything better than this for either of them to do at next year's event.

I was gonna say this, but you beat me to it. Jericho could even promo Taker about how he's holding on to what used to be. Or how he sold out to the fans. When he was being the American Bad Ass, he was essentially himself, and didn't rely on a gimmick or fancy lighting and pyro. But then he turned back to the Deadman gimmick, so that he could reconnect with a fan base to whom he had grown stale. Jericho is a promo machine. He could make it work, and he could possibly make it into one of the more real personal fued Taker has had in while. Exploiting Taker's gimmick for what it is (nostalgia) would be gold.

Mr. Nerfect
04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
The more I think about it, the more I want to see this at Mania. Sure, Jericho would just become another statistic, but Jericho talking about how Taker has spent so much time in the industry, but instead of bowing out while he is on top, he uses his precious streak as justification for keeping a spot on the roster that belongs to a younger guy.

I want to see a Chokeslam countered into a Codebreaker, dammit.

Damian Rey
04-16-2009, 12:47 PM
I want to see a Chokeslam countered into a Codebreaker, dammit.

:drool:

Heyman
04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Jericho vs. Taker will be awesome. I really look forward to this feud.

A Jericho/Edge penis-on-penis alliance should also be interesting for Smackdown.

With Batista, Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK, Big Show, etc. all on RAW, the WWE could really use this opportunity to elevate Jeff Hardy and CM Punk as credible, non-transitional, World champions.

Having said that - I still think that the WWE have got in backwards. Smackdown should be the place for "peaked out" veterans. RAW should be the place for top-young stars that are on the verge of becoming non-transitional main-eventers / world champions.

Damian Rey
04-16-2009, 03:05 PM
...I still think that the WWE have got in backwards. Smackdown should be the place for "peaked out" veterans. RAW should be the place for top-young stars that are on the verge of becoming non-transitional main-eventers / world champions.

Until you mentioned it, I never thought of it that way.

Unfortunately, this will never happen. Atleast not until SmackDown starts getting booked and presented as a viable flagship brand, like Raw is.

Heyman
04-16-2009, 05:32 PM

Until you mentioned it, I never thought of it that way.

Unfortunately, this will never happen. Atleast not until SmackDown starts getting booked and presented as a viable flagship brand, like Raw is.

Thanks man.

The way the WWE is set up right now unfortunately (with their shows), it's simply not a model that is condusive to producing new superstars. Think about the past 4-5 years....maybe more.

Which new main-eventers have the WWE created?......main-eventers that are NOT transitional champions at best?

The WWE should be doing whatever they can to get guys like Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, and MVP to the status of Cena-Orton-HHH-Batista. Instead however, they are made to look far inferior to them....and at best, are transitional champs.

Juan
04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks man.

The way the WWE is set up right now unfortunately (with their shows), it's simply not a model that is condusive to producing new superstars. Think about the past 4-5 years....maybe more.

Which new main-eventers have the WWE created?......main-eventers that are NOT transitional champions at best?

The WWE should be doing whatever they can to get guys like Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, and MVP to the status of Cena-Orton-HHH-Batista. Instead however, they are made to look far inferior to them....and at best, are transitional champs.

I disagree.

WWE seem to be taking their time in grooming the stars of tomorrow. CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, MVP, John Morrison, Matt Hardy and Christian aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not take your time? Their time will come.

In the past, guys were in the business for 10+ years before they got the main event push and since there is only one company now, it wouldn't make much sense (business wise) to not push guys like HHH and Cena.

WWE is right in not pushing guys until they're absolutely ready, I mean, we don't want another Bobby Lashley like push.

Also, Raw has always been the flagship show, so why in God's name wouldn't you want your most established stars on it? Raw has always been the A show, so there isn't much sense in changing it now.

Since the brand split, Smackdown has ALWAYS been the show with guys that are on their way to the main event, that's why it's top superstars always get drafted to Raw. It's just how it is, and again, it wouldn't make much sense to change it now, considering Smackdown has probably the best brand for actual wrestling for years now.

ECW is great. I don't know why you would want to change it. Exciting new stars that are getting their chance to show what they can do and prove that they can one day shine on Raw or Smackdown.

I see what you're saying, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

Heyman
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE]I disagree.

WWE seem to be taking their time in grooming the stars of tomorrow. CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, MVP, John Morrison, Matt Hardy and Christian aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not take your time? Their time will come.

Since 2005 - Almost the same set of guys have been on top.

In the past, guys were in the business for 10+ years before they got the main event push and since there is only one company now, it wouldn't make much sense (business wise) to not push guys like HHH and Cena.

The past is irrelevant. I don't think I need to remind you as to how the ratings were in the WWE before Austin 3:16 hit.

WWE is right in not pushing guys until they're absolutely ready, I mean, we don't want another Bobby Lashley like push.

True but you can't tell me that a guy like Jeff Hardy hasn't demonstrated his loyalty.

Also, Raw has always been the flagship show, so why in God's name wouldn't you want your most established stars on it? Raw has always been the A show, so there isn't much sense in changing it now.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I DO want the top stars on RAW. However - I do not want stars that are peaked and/or past their prime.

My top 5 guys for RAW: Cena, Orton, Edge, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, MVP
My top 5 guys for Smackdown: Triple H, Batista, Undertaker, Jericho, Big show

ECW is great. I don't know why you would want to change it. Exciting new stars that are getting their chance to show what they can do and prove that they can one day shine on Raw or Smackdown.

Agreed but there's also a danger of putting too many decent guys on ECW....especially when you consider the fact that almost no one watches ECW. At some point - you have to realize that too much depth on ECW hurts RAW/Smackdown far more than helping ECW (again - since almost no one watches ECW).

I see what you're saying, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

It makes sense to me that the WWE should be doing whatever they can to create an atmosphere where new stars can be elevated to the main-events....PERMANENTLY....and not be seen as transitional champs. In the current environment, this seems almost impossible (last 4 years have been a reflection of that).

Sorry - my responses here are a bit half assed but I'm feeling lazy.

Heyman
04-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Since the brand split, Smackdown has ALWAYS been the show with guys that are on their way to the main event, that's why it's top superstars always get drafted to Raw. It's just how it is, and again, it wouldn't make much sense to change it now, considering Smackdown has probably the best brand for actual wrestling for years now.

I'd like to comment on this again.

This is one of the biggest reasons why the WWE have difficulty creating legitimate main-event non-transitional superstars.

The up-and-comers get developed on Smackdown, move to RAW, get buried, and then either return to Smackdown as "peaked" wrestlers or continued to get butt-raped on RAW.

If the WWE did the opposite, then they could have their cake and eat it to. RAW could be a place where superstars, with legit main-event potential, could easily be elevated without much of a glass ceiling.

The wrestling industry has always been at its best (or have always prospered the most) when the old generation gives way to the new. 1996 and 2003 were brilliant examples of this (except in the latter case, the WWE ultimately shit the bed....but still).

Juan
04-16-2009, 06:26 PM
You make a few good pints, but for the most part I still disagree.

My Final Heaven
04-17-2009, 09:40 AM
You make a few good pints, but for the most part I still disagree.

http://talkni.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/pints.jpg