PDA

View Full Version : Dream Card Tournament?

The Show Off
04-18-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm really just testing the waters on this one to see if anyone is intrested.

I wanted to make a thread where I just asked everyone what their Dream Wrestling Card would be, but I figured it's been done before (a few times by me). I basically ask this every once and a while just for the pure fantasy of it all.

But I figured a nice little twist to the boring old format would be to find out which of us made the very best Dream Card.

The way I'd do this would be everyone that wants to sign up can sign up by listing their dream card. Than what I'd do is place two cards against one another on a seperate thread and the posters of TPWW can vote one which card they like the best and then in the end we'll see which poster came up with "the best" dream card.

Post on here if you'd like to do that or if you think its dumb or if you have any ideas for rules.

If I get a good response I'll start this up in a couple of days.

Anybody Thrilla
04-18-2009, 02:59 AM
I think this is a great idea and I would like to participate...just not right now. i would definitely need some time to think. Also, you're going to need some guidelines and regulations here.

Destor
04-18-2009, 01:09 PM
yeah, I'd play

Gertner
04-18-2009, 01:12 PM
sounds cool. I'm in.

CSL
04-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I would like to participate

yeah, I'd play

sounds cool. I'm in.

mike adamle
04-18-2009, 01:48 PM
if you get some guidelines going, im def. in, great idea

What Would Kevin Do?
04-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Sure, I'll do it... But I'd have people send you their cards, so other peeps don't get ideas.

The Fonz
04-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Sounds fun, I'd do it.

The Show Off
04-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Sure, I'll do it... But I'd have people send you their cards, so other peeps don't get ideas.

Sounds good, I like that its good feed back. That's an especially good idea WWKD. I think what I'll do is come up with some rules and start an offical sign up thread. When do you guys think the deadline to submit your card should be?

CSL
04-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Like a week after the start of the thread. And if you ask politely, it should get stickied too. Or be like 'STICKY THIS SHIT'.

Either usually works

The Show Off
04-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Alright I'll probably have some stuff worked out by tonight or tommorow night and I'll start a sign up thread with rules.

Loose Cannon
04-18-2009, 05:14 PM
yea sounds cool

Mooияakeя™
04-18-2009, 05:59 PM
I couldn't decide, but I'll happily vote when the games begin.

Evil Vito
04-18-2009, 06:03 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Sure</font>

The Show Off
04-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Here's some guidelines I'm kicking around...

--You have 3 hours (180 minutes) of ring time to work with. Hence you have to write how long each match lasts. You can have as many matches as you want as long as you don't use over 3 hours of match time. This is done in order to prevent people from having multiple Iron Man matches.

--You must specify who goes over in each match and how, and if you want you can write down what spots happen in said match.

--You have to write down who your announce team(s) is/are. If you have multiple announce teams you have to specify which call which matches.

--You're allowed to have as many gimmick matches as you like and even invent some if you care two. However, the matches you create must be realistic (ie. no "death matches" where someone actually dies or other such nonsense).

--All wrestlers dead or alive are allowed to be used but can only be used in one match each.,. Unless part of your Dream card includes a tournament where wrestlers move on like King of the Ring or Battle Bowl.

--Each wrestler used must have a specific era stated. (ie. The Undertaker circa early ninties or Ric Flair mid eigties) You don't have to be very specific just enough to let the posters know the diffrence.

CSL
04-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Only things I'd change:

- I wouldn't base it on time, I'd just have a set amount of matches for the card (say 8 or 10) I wouldn't put too much emphasis on who's over, the spots and the finish either

- I'd say a single 2 or 3 man commentary team for the whole show

The Show Off
04-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Only things I'd change:

- I wouldn't base it on time, I'd just have a set amount of matches for the card (say 8 or 10) I wouldn't put too much emphasis on who's over, the spots and the finish either

- I'd say a single 2 or 3 man commentary team for the whole show

Yeah I guess my way is a little too complex. Any other suggestions would work.

PapaGeorgio
04-18-2009, 06:49 PM
I kind of like the time limit idea and actually booking out the matches a bit. While a match like Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle sounds great, and we can all imagine how it would work out. I'd be interested to see how others book it, especially if some cards would have similiar matches. And the time idea makes you have to pick wisely, making things a bit harder.

don't care about commentary team stuff.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-18-2009, 07:08 PM
I like the way you had it... The time idea is different... Good different. It's a nice twist.

And damn, there goes my Original DX era HBK vs Modern HBM in an iron man match for the main event.

The Show Off
04-18-2009, 07:19 PM
I like the way you had it... The time idea is different... Good different. It's a nice twist.

And damn, there goes my Original DX era HBK vs Modern HBM in an iron man match for the main event.

Where as that would be cool I'd like to avoid stuff like that...

Though you could do something like...

Ricky Steamboat (last 1980's) vs. Shawn Michaels (present day) you can obviously have two wrestlers for diffent eras wrestle one another or even team up...

So everyone give me a yes or no on time limits.

The Gold Standard
04-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I am interested in it.

I would just like a final set of rules before I send in my matches.

Anybody Thrilla
04-19-2009, 12:44 PM
I like the time limit. Definitely adds a different twist on the booking.

Splaya
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I would like to do this as well, although I do have a little minor suggestion.

I know that some people would vote more for others so instead of saying this is so and so's card, you just put up the cards but you keep track as to who's is what. I know that adds a little more work to it, but you never know. Someone that just joined like Mike Adamale could go up against Destor and our wonderful "politics" might come back and hurt Mike. I doubt it would happen, but just a thought I would throw out

Anybody Thrilla
04-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Not a bad suggestion. Maybe even have people give unique names to the cards to make them easier to keep track of.

Anybody Thrilla
04-19-2009, 01:00 PM
As long as they wouldn't call it Destormania, for example.

Splaya
04-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Correct. And then at the end you obviously would follow up with the winning poster's name. It just seemed like simple logic to me thats all

Destor
04-19-2009, 02:30 PM
lol @ Destormania.

And the having to put how long each match goes is definitly something that should be done seeing as it's something real bookers have to do.