PDA

View Full Version : Canucks sweep St. Luis.

sulzerdrone
04-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Fuck yeah! :D

Stickman
04-21-2009, 11:59 PM
First sweep in Canuck history, SWEET!

LoDownM
04-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Coulda gone in the NHL thread.

YOUR Hero
04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
First sweep in Canuck history, SWEET!
...in which they weren't swept.

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Mwahaha.

I hate the Canucks (obviously), and I hope the next team slaps them about.

Wild4life!

Stickman
04-26-2009, 01:43 PM
...in which they weren't swept.

:D

Mooияakeя™
04-26-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm just getting in IH, explain, what is a "sweep"?

I'd only just realised how I was getting offside in NHL09. lol.

Love it now though. So please, add to my education.

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-26-2009, 07:37 PM
In the playoffs, each series is best out of 7. The Canucks won 4 straight games and therefore took the series. They "swept" St. Louis.

Heyman
04-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Glad to see a fellow Canucks fan on board. :cool:

Here is my concern for the Nucks though - while it's great that they knocked off St. Louis in record time, there's also a danger in having 7+ days off. Canucks might be a little rusty by the time the 2nd round rolls around.

If Anaheim knocks off the Sharks and the Nucks get the winner of Calgary/Chicago, both of those teams will be rearin' to go (although on the flip side - one could certainly argue that either of these teams will be tired).

On the other hand - If SJ comes back to knock off the Ducks, then the Canucks and Detroit will play one another.....and both teams will have had a long rest.

My concern for the Canucks is that Luongo tends to be a bit shaky after layoffs.

Mooияakeя™
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Right get it now.

So The Red Wings and the Bruins did this too?

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Aye, lad.

Now we have to keep our fingers crossed that the Canucks get swept by their next opponent.

WILD4LIFE!

Mooияakeя™
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
U from England right? so how do we watch NHL over here? Does Five still carry it?

sulzerdrone
04-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Glad to see a fellow Canucks fan on board. :cool:

Here is my concern for the Nucks though - while it's great that they knocked off St. Louis in record time, there's also a danger in having 7+ days off. Canucks might be a little rusty by the time the 2nd round rolls around.

If Anaheim knocks off the Sharks and the Nucks get the winner of Calgary/Chicago, both of those teams will be rearin' to go (although on the flip side - one could certainly argue that either of these teams will be tired).

On the other hand - If SJ comes back to knock off the Ducks, then the Canucks and Detroit will play one another.....and both teams will have had a long rest.

My concern for the Canucks is that Luongo tends to be a bit shaky after layoffs.

Not to mention that St, Luis was a shit team (sorry St. Luis residents). A sweep of the Blues is not an indication of greatness. The layoff may hurt them first game back, but it's also an opportunity for some of our injured players to heal up (mostly Mats Sundin). I don't expect the Canucks to win it all, been around too long to get my hopes up like that, but I didn't expect them to be playing in game seven of the finals in '94 either.

LoDownM
04-26-2009, 09:29 PM
St. Louis*

Shitty team? Hell no, young and no playoff experience outside of 4 or 5 players? Yes. Not to mention every game but game 3 was a 1 goal game. Not an indication of a shitty team if you ask me.

sulzerdrone
04-26-2009, 09:36 PM
It wouldn't take moch for St. Lois toe be a good team. More experience, one or two veterans, Roberto Luongo, who knows in a year or two they could be very good. If you re-read my post I didn't say sweeping them was a sign of excellence. Just proves that the Canucks are above average, especially with the close score in games, but the fact remains that Vancouver won four games, and St. Lulz won how many. That's right! A sweep for Van city! Booya!

Mooияakeя™
04-26-2009, 09:38 PM
To be fair, I just watched game 4, St Louis didn't look shit to me. I know I'm not the best to comment on hockey being a noob n' all.

sulzerdrone
04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
To be fair, I just watched game 4, St Louis didn't look shit to me. I know I'm not the best to comment on hockey being a noob n' all.

I know. Just being a typical homer sports fan, and enjoying a little good natured trash talking.

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-27-2009, 08:32 AM
U from England right? so how do we watch NHL over here? Does Five still carry it?

Five still carries it, at least for this season. But their coverage is awful, usually starting 3am in the morning. There was a time when they would have live games at 1am. bah.

But they do show the playoff finals live.

Mooияakeя™
04-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Cool, I'll sky plus just like i do with the Elite league on a Friday on Sky Sports Xtra.

You follow UK Hockey?

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Na, I want to, but I don't have sky or even Channel M to watch Manchester Phoenix games.

If Five is dropping their NHL coverage after this season, I'm gonna have to find something else to give me my hockey fix.

Mooияakeя™
04-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Some EIHL teams stream on their websites for free.

Also, I'm sure you could find an NHL stream too.

When the Phoenix meet the Blaze, I'll meet ya there!

D Mac
04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO