PDA

View Full Version : Judgement Day 2004 Main-Event Revealed?

jasonvoorhees
03-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Judgement Day 2004 Main-Event Revealed?; Details Inside
Story By: Niel Stephens
March 29, 2004

WWE are currently planning to have Eddie Guerrero defend his WWE championship against Bradshaw at the next exclusive Smackdown! PPV – Judgement Day on May 16th. This may come to a shock to many of you, but WWE have big plans for Bradshaw as he’s about to receive a huge push in the singles direction.

There is also a possibility that Paul Heyman could return at the same PPV being in Bradshaw’s corner and from then on acting as Bradshaw’s new manager.

Source: WrestlingObserver.com

Would you like to see the match.

Ferocious
03-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Please Noooooooooooooooooo Not even Eddie can get a good match out of Bradshaw

OssMan
03-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey what's that PPV in June called this year

Evil Vito
03-29-2004, 05:57 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I guess all of Bradshaw's verbal masturbation over HHH has paid off.</font>

Shaggy
03-29-2004, 05:58 PM
I was thinking that it wouldve been Booker T vs Eddie, or a three way between Booker T, Eddie and Bradshaw. But I dont know if Bradshaw can actually pull off a good match. The only thing I can say is Bradshaw please Shock us all.

OssMan
03-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Bradshaw vs Eddie in a Texas chainsaw massacre

Scarface
03-29-2004, 06:03 PM
BAH GAWD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo...

The Show Off
03-29-2004, 06:03 PM
I think it could work, off of what happened on this Smackdown I got into him a lot more then I ever had. If the keep going wiht it the character could wind up being really entertaining. Plus Bradshaw isn't as bad as most people make him out to be in the ring.

loopydate
03-29-2004, 06:06 PM
I was willing to accept it, right up until the "Paul Heyman as Bradshaw's manager" part.

That is a mistake. It won't make Bradshaw look good, it can only make Paul look bad.

Tornado
03-29-2004, 06:26 PM
<font color=#33ffff>No. Just no WWE.</font>

CBright7831
03-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Please Noooooooooooooooooo Not even Eddie can get a good match out of Bradshaw
How do you know? Have they fought one on one in the ring before?

OssMan
03-29-2004, 06:38 PM
No it's just that Eddie and make a good match with practically everyone but Bradshaw sucks so bad that no one can get a good match with him.

Boondock Saint
03-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Hey what's that PPV in June called this year

It's Bad Blood again, unless they changed it...

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Everyone needs to give Bradshaw a chance. You want new storylines? Well, this is one. Accept it.

OssMan
03-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Eh, I think it's a Smackdown PPV. I think I'm gonna go because it's in my hometown and it's in the summer....

Boondock Saint
03-29-2004, 06:49 PM
It's RAW I think. RAW has Backlash, and SD will have Judgment Day. So this would be RAW again.

But, I think they are holding two PPV's in June...

OssMan
03-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeah what's the PPV that's on June 27th? It's a new one isnt it?

Loose Cannon
03-29-2004, 06:56 PM
I didn't just read Heyman managing Bradshaw did I?

John la Rock
03-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Great first Hardcore Holly than Bradshaw. stupid ****ing WWE :mad:

Mister Sinister
03-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Great first Hardcore Holly than Bradshaw. stupid ****ing WWE :mad:

Coming Fall of 2004 - The Billy Gunn World Title Fued....

The CyNick
03-29-2004, 08:00 PM
As it stands right now there are two PPVs booked for June. One RAW, which I assume would still be called Bad Blood, and then an unnamed SD PPV. I believe they have switched the July PPV to now be a RAW PPV as well. Then September would be changed to a SD show, and October would have 2 PPVs as well.

As for Bradshaw, well its not set in stone, but thats the plan as of now, and it was pretty clear based on what happened on Smackdown last week.

I dont think its the worst idea because if nothing else it gives Eddie a win on PPV without blowing off a major feud. However I think they would have to understand that in all probability the PPV will die in terms of buyrates. Hopefully that wont be held against Eddie.

Also, they would have to push Bradshaw HARD starting this week. Its one thing to get over a promo, but he'd also have to present himself as a threat, which means running over a few people in short order. Ironically the best person to get someone over for a title shot would be Taker, but who wants to take bets on whether or not he'll be doing any JOBs for Bradshaw?

Perhaps if they add Heyman to Bradshaw, Heyman can work his magic and get BRadshaw over as a legit main eventers, but man thats going to be touhg.

SuperSlim
03-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Bradhsaw... he won't make it... he'll make it to the PPV, but the match is gonna suck more then Steiner/HHH II

Fox
03-29-2004, 11:19 PM
The WWE can't possible do this. Even if Bradshaw's gimmick is good, his ring work is NOT up to WWE main event standards (such as they are), and the WWE realizes this. Hopefully, within the weeks leading up the first SD! PPV of the "new year," they'll change their minds and go with something decent like Eddie vs. Booker or Eddie vs. Rene Dupree.

Coco Cow
03-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Coming Fall of 2004 - The Billy Gunn World Title Fued....

:| Don't even joke like that :|

CanAmConnection
03-30-2004, 12:01 AM
While I like Bradshaw's new Redneck Ted DiBiase gimmick, I'm not sure if he can be over as a main eventer. Well, guess we'll have to see.

Iceman90
03-30-2004, 12:19 AM
I am glad Bradshaw is getting a good push.

He has always been one of my favourites, and I think after all these years he deserves it.

He is more deserving than Hardcore Holly.

Gone Mad
03-30-2004, 12:22 AM
It looks like this prob will set up a feud for the 2 until a feud for the next PPV arrives. Bradshaw, while this is a good gimmick for him, it can't hide his ring-work. But if it does happen at the PPV, it's prob to build up a future rematch with Angle and Eddie or to give time to build up someone else to be top heel later on and feud with Eddie.

Corkscrewed
03-30-2004, 01:58 AM
I was willing to accept it, right up until the "Paul Heyman as Bradshaw's manager" part.

That is a mistake. It won't make Bradshaw look good, it can only make Paul look bad.

Corkscrewed
03-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Furthermore, this reeks of Hardcore Holly's push... no one will expect Eddie to lose, and if he does, the WWE will lose half of its fans.

SeanMC
03-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Im not surprised if bradshaw is goin to headline the main event, its clear theyre only pushing him cos hes got a new radio show n a place on fox news or some shit(dunno the full story on that, and plus itll help his book sales) and theyre gonna exploit that in an attempt to get more fans imo, but really if they knew anything about wrestling at all they would know bradshaw is not worth it.

The Duck
03-30-2004, 10:14 AM
**** this shit.

Bradshaw sucks.

snakeboss
06-04-2006, 05:50 AM
I promise I'll stop ringing up old threads after this.

I just found this very ironic.

Everyone complaining that Bradshaw sucks, he'll never make it as a heel and Judgement DAy 2004 would suck.

Now, everyone is looking forward to seeing if JBL(Bradshaw) will go to Raw or return to Smackdown, as he's really entertaining.

I think Bradshaw shocked everyone.

Funky Fly
06-04-2006, 06:23 AM
You damn well better.

Impact!
06-04-2006, 06:51 AM
lol wtf

Impact!
06-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Also, people were saying he sucked at that time because he hadn't shown his greatness on the mic yet. He sucked and still does suck in the ring, but his mic skills have certainly helped him be a little more well received.

Kane Knight
06-04-2006, 10:56 AM
I promise I'll stop ringing up old threads after this.

I just found this very ironic.

Everyone complaining that Bradshaw sucks, he'll never make it as a heel and Judgement DAy 2004 would suck.

Now, everyone is looking forward to seeing if JBL(Bradshaw) will go to Raw or return to Smackdown, as he's really entertaining.

I think Bradshaw shocked everyone.

You mean you think the EXACT SAME THING EVERYONE BLATANTLY STATED AND ADMITTED?

Also, Bradshaw or Rey as Champion is a WAAAAAAAAY different ballgame than Bradshaw or Eddie. Eddie actually got, you know, a HUGE reaction when he won, for example. People loved him. He was in people's top 5 easily, all over the place. Rey's getting Eddie chants because Eddie is still more potent in his current condition than Rey. Rey's a joke. Is it any wonder?

I love how people do the ZOMG PEOPLE ARE FICKLE Bullshit so often, when you compare the state of Smackdown then to the state of Smackdown now. When our choices are Rey, Bradshaw, or MArk Henry...Vs...Remind me who we had two years ago?

That's what I thought. Idjit.

Boondock Saint
06-04-2006, 12:45 PM
lol jasonvoorhees. Forgot about him.