PDA

View Full Version : Straight up BALLIN! (RAW spoilers)

4 knuckles up
04-28-2009, 09:12 AM
C'mon guys, how great was MVP on Monday Night RAW? First the guy interrupts Orton with a great little promo, which the crowd were popping nicely too, then he has a solid match with Randy, which he technically didn't loose! :D

When the guy debuted a couple years ago dressed like a power ranger, I was one of the first guys to write him off. But from the moment he started feuding with Kane up until now, he's been gold!

I found a decent youtube account with clips of MVP in action against Orton, for those that missed out.

MVP interrupts Randy:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/67zvUZg__LU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/67zvUZg__LU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MVP v Orton 1:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8PNU03-7_I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8PNU03-7_I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MVP v Orton 2:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VR2yYfvFgKY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VR2yYfvFgKY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Due to the WWE having some silly notion of not letting people steal from them, I dont think the links will be up for long, so enjoy them whilst you can. ;)

Londoner
04-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Ill watch the replay on thursday, but thanks anyway.:)

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm going to be honest -- I miss it when MVP's attire was more colourful and less bland. The guy has got so much personality that it is actually easy to forget just how good the guy can be in the ring sometimes. I like that he got a chance to really shine against Randy Orton, but he's currently the US Champion. MVP's got to drop that belt, and he's got to stay credible while doing it.

4 knuckles up
04-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Actually Noid I think he's doing the belt a great service by competing against someone like Orton whilst he wears it. It sort of raises the point of a guy being good enough to win the US title is a guy that is good enough to at least stand toe to toe against the WWE Champion.

My favourite MVP attire would be his purple and white one, or his black and silver one. I kinda see where your going in regards to his brighter gear, but I think he's more likely to be taken seriously in toned down colours, if that makes any sense... (Not much, heh.)

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I do get what you're saying, but to me it's sort of like Jeff Hardy as Intercontinental Champion last year. He went over Shawn Michaels...in a non-title match. Why not just make the match for the IC belt? I'm all for MVP playing with the big boys, but what's the point of him being US Champion if he's not going to defend the US Title?

As for his attire, I do agree with what you're saying, but I thought the colourful costumes added an arrogant sort of flare to his character. Even as a face, that could work. I do get that they're trying to make him more serious, but they could do that with some better designs.

Londoner
04-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Actually Noid I think he's doing the belt a great service by competing against someone like Orton whilst he wears it. It sort of raises the point of a guy being good enough to win the US title is a guy that is good enough to at least stand toe to toe against the WWE Champion.

:y:

4 knuckles up
04-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I do get what you're saying, but to me it's sort of like Jeff Hardy as Intercontinental Champion last year. He went over Shawn Michaels...in a non-title match. Why not just make the match for the IC belt? I'm all for MVP playing with the big boys, but what's the point of him being US Champion if he's not going to defend the US Title?

I guess you'd seek a balance in having MVP defend his title against other mid-carders, yet still dipping his toes in the water against the main eventers.

But since this is MVP's first RAW, you'd be hard pressed to say where The E are going to go with this. My initial reaction is that this is good for the belt. If MVP has a little mini-feud with Orton and doesn't defend the belt, I think the important thing is you have a US Champ in the main event.

On the other hand, you could have gone the other way, and had MVP have a backstage locker room confrontation with midcard heel #1 and gone from there. But you wouldn't expect to see them wrestle on PPV, most likely, and save for an initial confrontation, neither guy would get much mic time.

Either way, I'll stop there because I’m meandering off into 'what ifs'.

Still, we both agree on more MVP. :lol:

Krimzon7
04-28-2009, 09:37 AM
The best MVP Attire are the ones he wore during his Hardy feud with the captians C on them. that little style cue was so perfect for him. My fav color scheme was the U of Miami Orange and green. shouts out to the 305! MVP did the US Title a GREAT service with that promo, and match. It was good for shane to come out and interrupt the match. Both guys looked strong. The only thing that MVP needs now is a new theme.

Did any of you guys get to see his work in DSW with Kofi? This nigga could fly too! I made my way to many tapings to witness the live from the 305. I also wish he'd give up on the playmaker, and bring back the crossface. With him having cornrows he could use the Chrip-ler Chrossface and we'd just think he's a lovable gansta!

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I really want to see the Live from the 305. I am right in thinking that is a Springboard Shooting Star Press, right? I'd mark out of MVP and Evan Bourne ever teamed together, and Bourne did an SSP, and MVP then shrugged and busted out a Live from the 305.

I'd have loved to have seen MVP start using his Crippler Crossface during and after his feud with Chris Benoit. Take it to the Bank would be a great submission finish for MVP. He was apparently a big fan of Benoit's, and worked very closely with him once he got called up -- he might be uncomfortable personally about using the move.

Krimzon7
04-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I was thinking the same thing about the TITB. I'm gonna search some of Antonio Bank$'s matches to see if I can wow you with a couple of his vintage shots

Kane Knight
04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
MVP is barely recognisable as the same guy. Way to step up. :y:

The Gold Standard
04-28-2009, 11:07 AM
I have always been a fan of MVP. At first, I was not a fan of his attire, but it has grown on me, it is different.

I love the way he debuted on Raw, going after the top guy. I know it is a little different, but it reminded me of Jericho's debut

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 11:07 AM
I was thinking the same thing about the TITB. I'm gonna search some of Antonio Bank$'s matches to see if I can wow you with a couple of his vintage shots

I've looked and can't find any. It's quite depressing, actually. I'd love to see some uncut Kofi Kingston, too.

I saw a lot of talent in the guy since his debut against Marty Garner. People shat all over him because they thought he was just a guy that was all gimmick. He really found his feet quickly and turned that around with his match against Chris Benoit at WrestleMania 23. I'm going to go watch that now, actually.

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Next week, I hope to see MVP & Kofi Kingston team up to take on Legacy. That could be a really cool match.

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 11:11 AM
MVP having cheerleaders for his first WrestleMania appearance was pretty fucking epic.

wwe2222
04-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Last night was the most entertained ive been by MVP. I was very impresssed.

The Gold Standard
04-28-2009, 11:37 AM
MVP having cheerleaders for his first WrestleMania appearance was pretty fucking epic.

:y::y:

Outsider
04-28-2009, 11:41 AM
That was a pretty good promo. The kinda quality we rarely see anymore.

More in line with Jericho/Rock/Angle/Austin from 2000 than what Batista, Orton or HHH do now. More animated. Gets the crowd going.

With actually pretty good in ring skills, and obvious charisma, MVP has a significant shot at being big. This could be the right step for his character, going on some sort of change where he proves that he's 'able to play with the big boys' and start pushing into the main event scene.

So future endevours next week then?

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Just watched Chris Benoit and MVP's bouts at WrestleMania 23 and Backlash, respectively. Fantastic stuff. They told such a fantastic story. MVP was brash, confident and wanted to be US Champion, so he challenged the old veteran who had seen it all. When they got in the ring, MVP controlled the pace of the match, and Benoit would just out-maneuver MVP and get the win despite MVP playing Benoit's game the entire contest.

In just those two matches alone, there was so much greatness about the development it showed. At WrestleMania, Chris Benoit hit a total of eight German suplexes before hitting the Diving Headbutt for the pin. At Backlash, Benoit would again hit a total of eight Germans, before going for the Diving Headbutt, which MVP this time had the determination to counter.

I really want to see MVP in the ring with a technical wrestler who can tell a great story. Chris Jericho vs. MVP down the track would be fucking awesome. MVP vs. Shawn Michaels and even MVP vs. Triple H all have DVD set potential.

Krimzon7
04-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Yes, Noid. You are fully on point with this post. I think that people who weren't taking a piss during the MVP/Benoit matches really saw what this guy could become. I would love to see MVP work feuds with all the above named guys. He should stay away from teaming with Kofi. That's Cryme Tyme heat.

Jeritron
04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
lol DVD set potential

Hanso Amore
04-28-2009, 12:08 PM

Word

It really made me take notice. Plus he was great with Benoit. I really thought he would be the next big thing after that match.

Haze
04-28-2009, 12:13 PM
I marked out a little when I heard his music hit.

Nice to see a bit of a change.

thedamndest
04-28-2009, 02:25 PM

Seems like they do this thing where they have the champion take a bunch of matches not for the title, and then if he gets beaten the person who beat him is automatically the number one contender. In the case of a main eventer, that person would I guess technically be the number one contender, but since they are out of that title's league it is a rule the bookers can choose to ignore, since it isn't really official.

St. Jimmy
04-28-2009, 05:51 PM
He sucked, the end.

RatedGSuperstar
04-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Raw definitely got my hopes up in terms of them giving young talent a chance to shine in the first hour or so. You had MVP interrupting the guy who just kicked the company's most feared superstar's brains in, TBK getting a chance to actually introduce himself and have a decent short match with Kofi, The Miz pulling a page out of Jericho's WCW book, and MVP getting a ton of offense in on the WWE champion (just the fact that they let him do the "Ballin" move without Orton leaping up and countering it into an RKO was pretty amazing, IMO).

I think they should let MVP continue his feud against Legacy, and it seems like they were kind of teasing it last night...I see a lot of U.S. title defenses against Rhodes and DiBiase, with DiBiase likely the guy to take it off him as a way to push him (and eventually turn him) in anticipation of The Marine 2. Have MVP drop the title to DiBiase in the summer, and that frees him up to get a title shot at one of the "minor" PPVs to see how he does in the spotlight.

4 knuckles up
04-28-2009, 08:21 PM
He sucked, the end.

Could you offer any further insight into that statement, or are you just trolling for the sake of it? :shifty:

Destor
04-30-2009, 05:18 AM
Wait! Isn't he in the dog house? Oh yeah, dirt sheets are retarded, ok then.

Destor
04-30-2009, 05:18 AM
thnx

Sting Fan
04-30-2009, 05:42 AM
I dont like how MVP came out in that vid to talk to Orton.

Seemed like Cena which works for Cena I feel but isnt a fit for MVP. I feel he should be calm and measured at all times, come out, do his pose thing he does then head to the ring.

Other than that im a big fan of the guy. He has come a long way damn quick and he looks a real (not to distant) future star.

spunkynut
04-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Chris Jericho vs. MVP down the track would be fucking awesome.

<div><object width="420" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x90xeb" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x90xeb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="339" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x90xeb">Raw Chris Jericho vs MVP</a></b><br /><i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/nono-0793">nono-0793</a></i></div>

Innovator
04-30-2009, 07:50 AM
I dont like how MVP came out in that vid to talk to Orton.

Seemed like Cena which works for Cena I feel but isnt a fit for MVP. I feel he should be calm and measured at all times, come out, do his pose thing he does then head to the ring.

Other than that im a big fan of the guy. He has come a long way damn quick and he looks a real (not to distant) future star.
I think it came naturally for MVP to talk like that, not forced