PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown Taping Results (05/01) *Spoilers*

Juan
04-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Dark Match:
* Mike Knox b. Ricky Ortiz

WWE SmackDown: (Airing This Friday)
* A Fatal Four Way featuring Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, and Kane is announced for tonight. The winner will earn #1 Condership for the World Heavyweight Championship at Judgment Day.

* Chris Jericho enters first. He brags about himself being the dominant superstar on SmackDown. Edge comes out and heckles him calling him a tormenter. Edge then mentions that Jericho lost to Cena and brags that he hasn't. The crowd cheers for Edge. He continues to insult Jericho and calls himself the "Main Event." Edge gets a huge pop after complimenting the Garden and the crowd cheers for Cena as Jericho retaliates and CM Punk comes out to a huge pop. CM Punk then shows a video of himself beating Edge to win the World Title. Jericho says that nobody cares what he says (too a lot of heat). Punk ignores him and Jericho rebuggs him. He says that he's done with Edge and Punk. Edge says that nobody cares about what Punk has to say. Punk says that Edge is now worthless that he has nobody cheating for him. CM Punk vs. Edge is announced for later. CM Punk says if he defeats Edges, he'll cash in his briefcase.

* John Morrison b. Shelton Benjamin
- John Morrison comes out to a pop. Shelton Benjamin comes out to lots of heat. Morrison gets the swift victory with the Moonlight Drive after a springboard dropkick.

* Jeff Hardy b. Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Kane in a Fatal Four Way Elimination match to become the #1 Condender for the World Heavyweight Championship.
- Jericho pinned Kane following a Swanton Bomb by Jeff Hardy. Jericho was disqualified after he hit Mysterio with a chair. Hardy pins Mysterio by reversing a leg drop into a hurricanrana pin.

* A tribute to the troops video package is shown.

* Chris Jericho, Maria, and Edge are shown backstage. Jericho and Edge both ask Maria where Teddy Long was and they are furious about their matches.

* Cryme Tyme comes out to a big pop. JTG gets the crowd cheering and they discuss their first night on SmackDown. They welcome Layla and Eve to the ring and they dance off. Layla dances first, with a huge pop. Eve also receives a huge pop and impresses the fans. They then dance together. Eve easily wins to a huge pop. She then dances with Cryme Tyme and Layla hits Eve from behind. They fight and Cryme Tyme is forced to restrain them.

* Sherri from "The View" announces that MVP will make a special appearance on the show this coming Monday.

* MVP b. Dolph Ziggler to retain the United States Championship.
- MVP is accompanied to the ring by Sherri of "The View." MVP hit the Playmaker for the pinfall after a distraction from Sherri. Good match.

* CM Punk b. Edge in a non-title match.
- CM Punk hit Edge with a GTS. He cashes in the Money in the Bank, but Umaga attacks him. Edge is about to pin Punk, but Jeff Hardy interferes with a Swanton Bomb. Punk leaves the ring with the briefcase. It is deemed an unofficial contest. This concludes this week's edition of SmackDown.

Xero
04-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Well I guess Jeff re-signed...

dronepool
04-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Jeff vs Edge should be good, but Chris Jericho would be even better probably.

Juan
04-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I guess they scrapped the Scramble match in favor of the Fatal Fourway.

KYR
04-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Wow. Punk-Edge 'reads' like a lame-ass finish.

Hope it 'looks' better on TV.

Inadequacy
04-28-2009, 11:18 PM
I kinda like the sound of what's happening with Edge and Punk.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-28-2009, 11:22 PM
So, ummm, did Punk actually cash in/lose the MitB since the match ended in no-contest, or are they saying that the match never started, so he didn't use it?

Juan
04-28-2009, 11:23 PM
So, ummm, did Punk actually cash in/lose the MitB since the match ended in no-contest, or are they saying that the match never started, so he didn't use it?

Yeah I think that's what they're saying

Theo Dious
04-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Why the fuck is MVP on Smackdown???

RGWhat316
04-29-2009, 01:17 AM
MSG does seem to love Edge, but kinda funny to hear him playing a face role.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Well Punk got the win clean it seems, which is a nice change.

GD
04-29-2009, 01:38 AM
So did he lose his MITB briefcase?

Rammsteinmad
04-29-2009, 01:39 AM
This show actually has me quite excited. It seems their firmly looking to establish the new main event scene on Smackdown.

Chris Jericho, Edge, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, Umaga, Rey Mysterio, possibly John Morrison. ANY combination of these guys = great matches. :y:

GD
04-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Morrison needs to run after the U.S title before going after the WHC.

Triple Naitch
04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
I hope this leads to a Morrison/Jericho program. That would be amazing.

The CM Punk/Jeff/Edge thing also looks enticing and Umaga kinda acting like Edge's new bodyguard is also very interesting.

So maybe for Judgement Day SmackDown will have three matches

Edge vs. Jeff Hardy
CM Punk vs. Umaga
John Morrison vs. Chris Jericho

Jeritron
04-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Sounds like an awesome Smackdown.

Seriously, I'm loving this small roster where everyone seems to be bumping into eachother and theres no seperate wavelengths of talent.
On Raw, it's as if HHH and Cena don't even exist in the same dimension as the midcarders.

Here, it seems like everything really cohesive. Jericho and Edge are locking horns over who the top dog is, while Punk makes it know that he's in the mix.
Fueds are teased between all of them. Morrison even bumps into Jericho and comments on a previous segment.
Taker is facing off with guys like Shelton.

The intercontinental champion is right there in the World title hunt.

Oh and yes, Umaga returns. It's about time someone returned through the crowd without being hyped 3 weeks in advance.

I really hope they keep this direction with Smackdown, and don't add any talent to the roster. It's perfect where it is.
Maybe down the line I'd like to see Christian traded over. Other than that the current roster and the luxury of ECW talent exchange is enough to make this show amazing.

The Gold Standard
04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Well I guess Jeff re-signed...

Thats what I was thinking. Unless they are pushing him to get him to resign.

DAMN iNATOR
04-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Why the fuck is MVP on Smackdown???

The United States Championship match was made official on last Friday's SmackDown!, technically a little under 3 days from when the draft was supposed to be officially "enforced"; thus Ziggler got his match on SD! for the title (which, I must say, I thought was stupid, too, due to the fact that with the draft in full effect, and Mysterio already holding the IC title on SD! now, there was just no way MVP wasn't going to walk out of SD! not US champ.)

Jeritron
04-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Thats what I was thinking. Unless they are pushing him to get him to resign.

Well Jeff is a safe bet for a short term main event program. It's possible that they're just sucking it up and using him to kill time as Edge's Judgement Day opponent.

I wouldn't be suprised if he re-signed, but I also wouldn't be suprised if he hasn't, and has no plans to.
They could still be doing this regardless. I would imagine it could lead to Matt costing him the title match, and the two of them saying "enough is enough", and agreeing to a Loser Leaves Town match at the following PPV.

Dave Youell
04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
This sounds awesome

Really pleased with the way Judgement Day sounds

Triple Naitch
04-29-2009, 05:34 PM
You have to also figure that they wanted the black girl on the View to be involved. Considering it took place in New York City and is pre-recorded, having MVP wrestle on SmackDown is more convenient to her and WWE.

RatedGSuperstar
04-29-2009, 10:15 PM
You have to also figure that they wanted the black girl on the View to be involved. Considering it took place in New York City and is pre-recorded, having MVP wrestle on SmackDown is more convenient to her and WWE.

That's probably the reasoning. I wouldn't be surprised if these plans were made before they even decided to take MVP to Raw.

Although it's a ridiculously stupid attempt at a publicity stunt. Putting someone from The View on SmackDown isn't exactly going to bring in that coveted 18+ male demo they're looking for. Let alone the one on The View that didn't know what suffrage was and why women needed it.

I would like to see someone bash Elizabeth Hasselbeck with a steel chair, though. Maybe arrange for Orton to punt her in the head the next time Raw is in NYC?

Innovator
04-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Morrison vs. Jericho?

Punk vs. Umaga?

Yes please

Dave Youell
04-30-2009, 02:49 AM
Seriously,

The more I think about this MITB angle, the more I love it, this could carry on for ages, with Punk just about to cash it in and then getting cut off repeatedly, it would cause massive heat

The Optimist
04-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Punk/Umaga would or will be sweet. I don't understand why Umaga interrupted him in the first place, and I doubt I'll get an explanation ever but between the two there's bound to be some cool matches.

Londoner
04-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Some good matches on smackdown it seems. Such a great roster.

Mr. Nerfect
04-30-2009, 05:35 AM
I'm really sorry, but I really want to see Umaga vs. Rey Mysterio feud. I know it's not the cool thing to want to see Rey do anything, but what teases I have seen of those guys chemistry has made me want to see that match.

CM Punk and Umaga look to be entering a feud, which could be a lot of fun. Edge and Jeff will work a good match together. We don't really have a clue what Jeff is doing, so I say we just wait and see what happens.

But the real fucking news out of these tapings is JOHN FUCKING MORRISON VERSUS CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO!!!!!!!! Fuck everything else in the universe right now.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Why is everyone jizzing over Jericho vs. Morrison, I don't see at any point them touching each other...

Rammsteinmad
04-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Is Morrison a face? Coz Jericho VS Morrison won't work very well heel vs heel unless a face is thrown in to make it a three way. And to be honest I don't wanna see either of these two as faces right now.

Jeritron
04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Yea, I'm not sure why people are so sure they're going to fued. I would say they aren't going to right now.
It was just their paths crossing.

ron the dial
04-30-2009, 01:18 PM
definitely looking forward to watching this in the TPWW Vault later

Mr. Nerfect
04-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Is Morrison a face? Coz Jericho VS Morrison won't work very well heel vs heel unless a face is thrown in to make it a three way. And to be honest I don't wanna see either of these two as faces right now.

Well, he went over Shelton Benjamin, came out to a pop and then got in Jericho's face. I'd say that's pretty face-ish. While I wouldn't disagree with the WWE if they kept Morrison heel, the guy has pretty much been a heel for four years now.

Juan
04-30-2009, 06:15 PM
definitely looking forward to watching this in the TPWW Vault later

:D

Not Booked
05-05-2009, 03:30 AM
That was an awesome smackdown. The 4 way was one of the best matches in a while and to me JR on commentary really adds a lot to the show.

Not so good for me.. I have tickets to a june RAW in New Zealand. Now everyone good (jericho, punk, edge, kane, morrison, rey) is on Smackdown. The draft raped raw. If only Cena, Batista and HHH could have been drafted off WWE programming instead. =\

Mr. Nerfect
05-05-2009, 08:24 AM
I felt the 4-Way was kind of rushed. Like they gave it the time for a regular 4-Way, and then decided to experiment by just throwing the elimination stipulation in. Chris Jericho was really rushed out of there after Kane was eliminated. Still a fun match and everything, but it just went...quick.

The same goes for John Morrison and Shelton Benjamin, but I think the WWE was just a bit reluctant really letting the two go at it with Morrison not really turning as a face yet.

Chris Jericho, Edge and CM Punk really made the show for me. Their promo work at the start was great, and hopefully Punk actually gets to talk now. Edge and Jericho crossing paths is just awesome in the sense that seeing two of the most hated men in the company turn on each other is. Punk and Edge worked a great match, too.

Londoner
05-05-2009, 08:32 AM
I enjoyed this smackdown way more than raw, that's for sure.

Mr. Nerfect
05-05-2009, 08:37 AM
It feels so fresh. If Charlie Haas has really done what reports have said he's done, and gotten some character to him, then I really can't wait for him to get involved. Granted, it may never happen, but Haas is such a good worker that there might be room for him to work the occasional match regardless.

Baby steps, though. I'd really like to see him win the IC Title down the road eventually, though.

Londoner
05-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Wonder if the fresh feeling has anything to do with HHH not being there anymore. I don't remember him losing the title while on smackdown.

Mr. Nerfect
05-05-2009, 08:42 AM
And yes, Jim Ross has found his spot on SmackDown!. It's more the wrestling show, which JR actually loves, and can add a lot to. I think we're seeing a more natural and "real" JR on SmackDown!, which is an upgrade from his "I'm saying this because it's the storyline" JR on RAW.

Working with Todd Grisham will do both men good. The Grish is always improving, and working with a veteran like JR will only make him better. JR taking on his "hybrid" role has allowed him to get a fresher persona, though. He talks more about how talented a guy like Chris Jericho or Edge is more than just screaming how heinous their actions are. He can be a bit more sly, and take shots at the play-by-play stooge, too. "Who fed you that line, Todd?"

I remember thinking that either Todd or JR would have to become a bit more cynical to make their team work, but they've seemingly hit a really good balance really quickly.

Mr. Nerfect
05-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Wonder if the fresh feeling has anything to do with HHH not being there anymore. I don't remember him losing the title while on smackdown.

A lot would have to do with that. Triple H is just such a perpetual main eventer that it gets boring him being there, regardless of how good he may or may not be. It's always fresh when you have a bit of a rotation. Fuck, I remember once when Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero main evented a show in 2005 after a match was set-up between them in the opening segment, and it worked.

It just makes for better episodic TV if there is something that differenciates the show sometimes. Triple H being the top guy there was fresh for a while, but occasionally a main eventer needs to work an opening match, you know?

Also, The Undertaker wasn't there. Yes, he's doing the best work of his career right now, but he's such a mainstay and such a main eventer that everyone sort of fades into the background around his pull. It was a main event scene without the politicians, which was really quite refreshing.

Londoner
05-05-2009, 09:12 AM
A lot would have to do with that. Triple H is just such a perpetual main eventer that it gets boring him being there, regardless of how good he may or may not be. It's always fresh when you have a bit of a rotation. Fuck, I remember once when Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero main evented a show in 2005 after a match was set-up between them in the opening segment, and it worked.

It just makes for better episodic TV if there is something that differenciates the show sometimes. Triple H being the top guy there was fresh for a while, but occasionally a main eventer needs to work an opening match, you know?

Also, The Undertaker wasn't there. Yes, he's doing the best work of his career right now, but he's such a mainstay and such a main eventer that everyone sort of fades into the background around his pull. It was a main event scene without the politicians, which was really quite refreshing.

That's exactly what i'm getting at,they're now all allowed to progress without HHH just burying them in the end. Undertakers not boring me though for some reason,maybe cause he doesn't have the title all the time...

Impeccable
05-05-2009, 09:34 AM
This could be Smackdown's year!

Mr. Nerfect
05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
That's exactly what i'm getting at,they're now all allowed to progress without HHH just burying them in the end. Undertakers not boring me though for some reason,maybe cause he doesn't have the title all the time...

It might be because he's not around all the time. And when he is, it's often been in the mid-card or something. He's just been showing up for a promo to scare someone here and there, or getting a great showing out of Shelton Benjamin.

I think Taker's absence might be a blessing in disguise, though, because the WWE will be forced to build up their CM Punks and John Morrisons and when Taker gets back, assuming he does fall into the same role, everything will hopefully click in a way it wouldn't if there was always that mega-star dependency.