PDA

View Full Version : Crushing vs. Bruising

thedamndest
04-28-2009, 11:04 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=34&pictureid=390

vs.

http://tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=34&pictureid=391

This poll is to decide which would be more effective in a standard, one fall to finish, sixty minute time limit match: Crushing or Bruising. I am not asking which is the Better Wrestler, I do not want you to Speculate the Relationship, I do not want to to tell me yay, nay, or meh. Given the parameters of the match, if you had two wrestlers who had mastered the art of Crushing and Bruising, respectively, which do YOU think would be most effective in humbling an opponent Iron Shiek style?

Thanks to Xero and the Crusher/Bruiser mark in TPWWVault for the topic idea.

The Show Off
04-28-2009, 11:14 PM
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Inadequacy
04-28-2009, 11:16 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought it said "cruisin for a bruisin" which made laugh. The ensuing emotions brought on by my jovial demeanor made me assume the thread was made by thedamndest, and I was right.

Long story short I voted Bruising to tie it up.

thedamndest
04-28-2009, 11:19 PM
I am voting for Bruising. Instinct tells me that I should go with Crushing because it is obviously the most devastating, right? Wrong. You think, "Oh, it's just a bruise, well it's not that bad." But keep in mind, this guy is a very competent Bruiser. Imagine the last time you stubbed your pinkie toe in the doorway. It hurt and probably throbbed for days. Now imagine that feeling, honed like a guided missile on all of your joints, your legs, your spine, your face, your skull, your organs, and probably multiply it by 1000. It's unrelenting pain. By the time the Bruiser gets done with you, you'll look like Violet from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

And let's not discount the hidden dangers of Bruising. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you are Floyd Mayweather, and you escape with only minimal Bruising. Have you ever picked up a piece of Bruised fruit. It looks fine on the outside, but on the inside, its guts are all smashed into a pulp. Yeah, that's you. That's your guts.

Finally, we come to why, in general, Crushing is not as good as Bruising. With Crushing it takes a big maneuver to completely Crush an entire man. You may be able to crush a hand or a toe with a small move and slow him down a bit, but to completely Crush a man, you need something high risk. Yes, with Bruising you are going to be pretty gassed by the end of the hour, but that is why you got into the business of Bruising in the first place.

Juan
04-28-2009, 11:22 PM
I see where you're coming from thedamndest, but if I crushed you, bruises would be the least of your worries.

Juan
04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=392

thedamndest
04-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Here is the rundown: The Bruiser uses Bruising moves like punches, kicks, knees, headbutts, and a back body drop. He can go to the top rope for non-crushing moves like the double axe-handle or the missile drop kick. His goal is to Bruise the Crusher and do so at the pace of a longer match.

The Crusher can use Crushing moves like the Bear Hug, the Stomp from the Top Rope, and the Flap Jack. His goal is to Crush the Bruiser's hands and eliminate most of the Bruiser's offense and then continue Crushing as quickly as possible. He needs to hit a big move early and Crush the Bruiser.

Both men may use the Choke because it both Crushes and Bruises.

The Show Off
04-29-2009, 12:21 AM
What about the breaker? The guy that breaks bones instead of brusing or crushing them?

thedamndest
04-29-2009, 12:57 AM
I don't see that listed on the poll.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Crusher breaks down midway through the match. Doesn't have the conditioning to keep up with the faster, fitter bruiser. Crusher is built for a sedentary pace. Crusher traps Bruiser in a bearhug, but Bruiser breaks it by repeatedly stomping and damaging Crusher's metatarsal rendering his base ineffective for the rest of the contest.

DaveWadding
04-29-2009, 03:32 AM
TGR, as usual, is totally wrong.

thedamndest
04-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Can I get this stickied? This is way more important than Better Wrestler #74.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2009, 02:23 PM
I didn't realize there were so many Mark Henry fans on the board.