PDA

View Full Version : Hardy Update

Mr. C
04-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Jeff Hardy is giving the impression to friends that he’ll re-sign with WWE before his contract expires this summer. He’s said to be burned out with the schedule, and time off will be something he requests in negotiations.

In related news, Hardy has had talks with MTV regarding a reality television project. It’s said to be “The Hardy Show” that he and his brother produce together online. Hardy is said to be very excited about the idea of having his show on the network.

It’s possible that they’re just using Hardy to kill time as Edge’s opponent, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he re-signed.

The Hardy Show on MTV sounds awesome!

Chavo Classic
04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
No. It doesn't

Jeritron
04-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Even if he does re-sign, he will still be used to "kill time" as a champions opponent. This isn't a bad thing. I just think it's the role that he will fill for the duration of his career.

A solid choice for short-term main event programs, who is an ace in the hole when it comes to requiring an extra main eventer. He will have stints raning from uppermidcard to main event. Occasional transitional title reigns are possible, if not probable.

Chavo Classic
04-30-2009, 04:11 PM
A solid choice for short-term main event programs, who is an ace in the hole when it comes to requiring an extra main eventer. He will have stints raning from uppermidcard to main event. Occasional transitional title reigns are possible, if not probable.

This sounds like the Jeff Hardy weather forecast

Mr. Nerfect
04-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, Jeritron and Chavo Classic have it. Jeff Hardy is just too unreliable otherwise. I have to say that I am looking forward to his match against Edge at Judgment Day, though. If just because the belt might be defended successfully for the first time since the Royal Rumble.

Kane Knight
04-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Do we really need more reality shows at this point? Thought this shit was gonna die out like 5 years ago.

Anyway, if Hardy stays, great. If he leaves, oh well.

Chavo Classic
04-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Bah-gawd, he'll come to TNA and do absolutely jack-shit again!

He's just gonna have another come-back in 2 years when he gets bored of his art, music and wearing lampshades on his head...

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb100/TheWholeFuckinShow/JeffHardy.jpg

Juan
04-30-2009, 09:25 PM
prowrestling.net

We've been covering the story about Jeff Hardy's WWE contract status and the possibility of Jeff taking time off when it expires this summer. Jeff has turned down several of WWE's attempts to sign him to a new contract and the former WWE champion is said to be considering extended time away from the ring

The latest is that Jeff has been giving the impression to friends that he will in fact re-sign with WWE before his contract expires this summer. While he is burned out with the hectic travel schedule, his willingness to walk away from WWE has given him negotiating leverage and he will likely ask for a reduced schedule, similar to the Undertaker's deal.

The Optimist
04-30-2009, 11:45 PM
That'd be cool with me. He entertains me, and if they're willing to give him a light schedule that probably means he's important enough to fuck around in the main event when he's there.

Juan
04-30-2009, 11:46 PM
That'd be cool with me. He entertains me, and if they're willing to give him a light schedule that probably means he's important enough to fuck around in the main event when he's there.

Agreed

sulzerdrone
05-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Even if he does re-sign, he will still be used to "kill time" as a champions opponent. This isn't a bad thing. I just think it's the role that he will fill for the duration of his career.

Souds like exactly where he belongs. I never really thought either Hardy was credible as a top teir main eventer, but I could be convinced that they're upper mid-carders that transition into the main event from time to time.

Kane Knight
05-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Souds like exactly where he belongs. I never really thought either Hardy was credible as a top teir main eventer, but I could be convinced that they're upper mid-carders that transition into the main event from time to time.

But on the flip side, it's what's generally used as a justification as to why Jeff wants out or doesn't work. And honestly, with a guy who tends to burn out, his professionalism may be impacted. If you can call it professionalism.

James Steele
05-01-2009, 02:35 AM
No cliche about them being a bunch of carnies, KK?

dronepool
05-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Cool news if he stays, but the Hardy Show? Eh, I hate reality TV.

Mooияakeя™
05-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Was gonna say u might as well of just followed on in the Hardy post I made, but it got overrun with flamez. http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2517100#post2517100

sulzerdrone
05-01-2009, 03:23 PM
If he doesn't want to work, or can't handle his lot in life then future endeavors it is. If I tried holing my employer ransom with excuses I'd get a handshake and directions to the nearest exit. There's always somebody hungrier.

Afterlife
05-01-2009, 03:38 PM
If he doesn't want to work, or can't handle his lot in life then future endeavors it is. If I tried holing my employer ransom with excuses I'd get a handshake and directions to the nearest exit. There's always somebody hungrier.

Chavo might be hungrier than Jeff. Chavo does not draw like Jeff.

St. Jimmy
05-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Let him go.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I might be giving Jeff Hardy too much credit, but after Carlito was talking about going to TNA, and got himself a new contract and a bit of a renewed push, it does not surprise me in the slightest that Jeff Hardy can use contract negotiations to leverage himself.

To be perfectly honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see Hardy wearing gold soon, if he signs a new WWE contract.

dronepool
05-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I might be giving Jeff Hardy too much credit, but after Carlito was talking about going to TNA, and got himself a new contract and a bit of a renewed push, it does not surprise me in the slightest that Jeff Hardy can use contract negotiations to leverage himself.

To be perfectly honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see Hardy wearing gold soon, if he signs a new WWE contract.

But wouldn't that piss off Vince? He'd probably give it to him and have a little random screw you surprise for Jeff one day.

Kane Knight
05-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Chavo might be hungrier than Jeff. Chavo does not draw like Jeff.

Maybe if they repackaged him as Eddie.

sulzerdrone
05-02-2009, 01:05 AM
That would take a lot of repackaging indeed.

Mr. Nerfect
05-02-2009, 01:07 AM
But wouldn't that piss off Vince? He'd probably give it to him and have a little random screw you surprise for Jeff one day.

Oh, no doubt.

Kane Knight
05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
That would take a lot of repackaging indeed.

I dunno. Worked for Rey Rey.

Afterlife
05-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Maybe if they repackaged him as Eddie.

ARE YOU SAYING YOU WANT CHAVO TO DROP DEAD IN HIS HOTEL ROOM???!!!

sulzerdrone
05-02-2009, 01:52 PM
I dunno. Worked for Rey Rey.

Rey was fairly over already, and I wouldn't go as far as saying they tried to repackage him as Eddie so much as tried to cash in on his relationship with Eduardo.

I don't think Chavo has nearly the charisma, or marketability Eddie had, hence the "lot of repackaging" comment. His most over gimick to date was a short lived comedy bit, where as Eddie got over being Eddie. A personality transplant might help.

RVDmark
05-02-2009, 08:21 PM

Have you made your boss millions selling merch?

sulzerdrone
05-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Yes. :shifty: