PDA

View Full Version : The young bucks

thecc
05-01-2009, 01:26 AM
After hearing the "smark hype" surronding these guys, I finally checked them out and holy shit. They have to be one of the most exciting tag teams I've seen in awhile. Has anyone else seen any of their stuff?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGzbu1NeABs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGzbu1NeABs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Show Off
05-01-2009, 01:39 AM
I never saw them but they're confirmed to wrestle at the June 13th ROH show I'm going to so I'm looking forward to see who their opponents will be.

FourFifty
05-01-2009, 01:42 AM
My problem with people getting hyped up over a few music videos is just these videos are designed to sell the wrestler. Yea, I understand that you're not going to make a serious Brock Lesnar tribute with him breaking Holly's neck, or botching his Shooting Star Press, or the time he kissed Kurt Angle. But you cannot judge a wrestler based on highlight vidoes on Youtube.
Except El Generico. He is awesome.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-01-2009, 01:42 AM
I love the avatar/the sig.

The Young Bucks are getting better and better, which is a good thing. The only problem I foresee is that since they're getting a ton of their experience in dragon gate, they're learning a style that will more or less forever render them to indy status in the US.

CSL
05-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Spot monkeyzzz

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 04:37 AM
I haven't seen too much from them, but from what I have heard, they are green guys that are getting better and better and may one day be a fucking awesome tag team? Is this assessment correct?

The Gold Standard
05-01-2009, 10:49 AM
I have not heard of them before. I see they are appearing in ROH, where were they before ROH?

Rammsteinmad
05-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I've not heard of them, though some of the stuff in that video looked pretty good. Let me assure you though, if they were to sign with WWE you wouldn't see half of those moves anymore.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I've not heard of them, though some of the stuff in that video looked pretty good. Let me assure you though, if they were to sign with WWE you wouldn't see half of those moves anymore.

You wouldn't see any of those moves lol

Supreme Olajuwon
05-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Is that Marty Jannetty they're running with?

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 08:38 PM
I have not heard of them before. I see they are appearing in ROH, where were they before ROH?

I'm not sure where exactly they got their start, but they appear regularly for PWG.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Not at all impressed, even by a highlight video :meh:

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 09:53 PM
There are plenty of other tag teams I'd rather be fans of. Like The Osirian Portal.

Funky Fly
05-01-2009, 10:14 PM

Yeah, but it'd be for the best. Spot monkeying doesn't = good match. You have to temper the wild antics with proper pace and good psychology. Like Mysterio/Ultimo in WCW. Lots of crazy spots, but ever spot means something.

Also, they're like the modern day Rockers. WWE could really use a pair like that now that Londrick is no more.

Destor
05-01-2009, 10:18 PM
They're good.

Theo Dious
05-01-2009, 10:41 PM
My problem with people getting hyped up over a few music videos is just these videos are designed to sell the wrestler.

Worked for ECW.

Yeah, I said that.

thecc
05-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, but it'd be for the best. Spot monkeying doesn't = good match. You have to temper the wild antics with proper pace and good psychology. Like Mysterio/Ultimo in WCW. Lots of crazy spots, but ever spot means something.

Also, they're like the modern day Rockers. WWE could really use a pair like that now that Londrick is no more.That really passed my mind when i watched their match from King of Trios. They felt like an incredible hybrid of the Rockers and the Hardys. They just seem to be the perfect babyface team. They just need some more experience to do just more than spots. Until then I'm just gonna enjoy the ridiculous fun matches they put on.

Mr. Nerfect
05-02-2009, 01:09 AM

Also, they're like the modern day Rockers. WWE could really use a pair like that now that Londrick is no more.

I agree that spots don't make a good match, but they can make for a very, very fun match every now and then. Also, a highlight video of the guys is going to mostly show their big spots. You're not going to see a 30-minute match centered around storytelling in a 3-minute hype video.

Mr. Nerfect
05-02-2009, 01:11 AM
I've got no problem with ROH showcasing these guys a bit. There are a lot of experienced guys in the tag team division of ROH at the moment, so The Young Bucks could get a lot of seasoning there.