PDA

View Full Version : Taz to TNA

The MAC
05-03-2009, 04:55 PM
please for fucksake let it be true!

Nark Order
05-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Don't post a source or anything cause then I might have to believe you.

CSL
05-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Bleh. Wouldn't exactly be a huge step up in quality. TNA have other issues they should worry about first

Xero
05-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Source: TPWW Vault

Jeritron
05-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Bleh. Wouldn't exactly be a huge step up in quality. TNA have other issues they should worry about first

Yes it would.

http://www.thephantomcity.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/20070629simpsonscarbonrod.jpg replacing Don West would be a huge step up in quality.

erickman
05-03-2009, 05:34 PM

thats half the bad in tna the other half is ruso, west needs to take him to ecw too. i can deal with the 6 sided ring.

Vastardikai
05-03-2009, 06:32 PM
It's a step in the right direction. Not as big as replacing Russo with Cornette, but it's a good idea.

Dorkchop
05-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Taz on commentary will do shit for TNA. Angle did shit for TNA. Sting did shit for TNA (his first couple of weeks brought in some ratings I think), Foley has done shit for TNA.

If this is true it will make TNA more bearable, but it still won't do shit. They have their commentary way too loud and you can barely hear the crowd and action in the ring.

I was a supporter of TNA, I still am... however I have my doubts about this company becoming good on a regular basis. Every now and then they'll have a great Impact, but they are few and far between. BAH.

The One
05-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Kevin Nash & Booker T....the best thing that ever happened to the TNA announcer booth.

TOVO Fact: Tovo thought the new Wolverine movie was nothing special, but at least better tan critics made it out to be.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Taz is in fact heading to TNA and is expected to begin working as Samoa Joe’s advisor. Sources have confirmed that Taz does in fact have a non-compete clause with WWE, and once it expires he will be able to appear on camera. There’s no word on the length of his non-compete agreement, but he is clearly being teased for a TNA debut.

That's from our main page. I called this when Joe was talking to someone a few TNA threads back. Just wanted to say I called it, that's all.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Also, yes, I know there is a thread about Taz replacing Don West a little further down. FOC, That thread is about commentary; not my gloating about being right.

The Taint
05-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Burn-out, eh?

HeartBreakMan2k
05-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I would mark out pretty hardcore if Taz headed up the Front Line and that's who Joe was talking too. Even if I hate Joe for being a Taz ripoff and all.

From the Lockdown thread. That is all.

Triple Naitch
05-03-2009, 07:39 PM
So what do you think his name will be? The Taz? Tazzz? Tiz.

Jeritron
05-03-2009, 07:39 PM
How would having a retired veteran lead the frontline make any sense?

Taz as Joe's manager for a short time period, and then moving to the booth sounds like a good move for TNA.
This Frontline vs MEM storyline, however, seems like it needs to actually make sense by having young TNA originals face off against the outsider veterans.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-03-2009, 07:41 PM
How would having a retired veteran lead the frontline make any sense?

Taz as Joe's manager for a short time period, and then moving to the booth sounds like a good move for TNA.
This Frontline vs MEM storyline, however, seems like it needs to actually make sense by having young TNA originals face off against the outsider veterans.

Oh, I absolutely think it's a horrible idea. But it's also TNA's booking style. Anyway, Joe is pulling away from the Frontline anyway, so Joe having Taz as an adviser works.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Also, I'm convinced this is TNA's last ditch effort to make me (yes, me personally) like Joe. Taz is their only option.

Droford
05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Hopefully Taz will be Joe's weight loss advisor.

Krimzon7
I just wish Tazz could stil go. Does anyone remember the Original name for Tazzmission?

HeartBreakMan2k
Hopefully Taz will be Joe's weight loss advisor.

I absolutely adore Taz, but he needs his own weight loss advisor tbh.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I just wish Tazz could stil go. Does anyone remember the Original name for Tazzmission?

It was always the Tazmission, although the judo term for the move (which they mentioned during ECW) is the kata-ha-jime.

jony lions
05-03-2009, 07:47 PM
TOVO FACT:TOVO LIKE GIVEN HEAD:love::rant:

CSL
05-03-2009, 07:50 PM
With better presentation, that could have been ' :D ' , maybe even 'lol' jony lions

Droford
05-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Now only if they could find someone to replace "Iron" Mike Tenay.

Mooияakeя™
05-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Looks like it may be a 3 man team.

FourFifty
05-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Well it's nice to see TNA has brought another half empty shot glass to try to put out the fail fire.

Mr. Nerfect
05-03-2009, 10:37 PM
To be honest, while I liked Taz in the commentary booth enough, and felt that in the good old two-brand days, they were the better commentary duo in the WWE, I don't think Taz joining the broadcast team in TNA will do jack nor shit for the company.

TNA has some better options for color commentator available to them. Mick Foley was fantastic when he was on SmackDown!, and would work very well with Mike Tenay, I think. Jim Cornette could very easily do it. TNA could also sign someone like Paul Heyman or Raven to sit in the booth.

I personally prefer Taz taking the manager route that many are guessing he is taking, becoming Samoa Joe's adviser. Joe reminds a lot of people of Taz, with their builds and the style that they work. Joe's also got the "Nation of Violence" thing going on, so their characters would match up.

Taz could add a lot of credibility to the ring style of Samoa Joe, and there are other guys he could manage in TNA. Homicide has a character that would match-up very well with Taz's. Perhaps The LAX could find themselves aligned with Joe & Taz?

parkmania
05-04-2009, 06:15 PM
So what do you think his name will be? The Taz? Tazzz? Tiz.

Wasn't he originally "The Tazmaniac"?

As for the booth, could you imagine a 3-man booth of Foley, Taz, and Mike Tenay (They'd probably keep Tenay in the booth, but HOPEFULLY limit him to the actual PBP).

Rammsteinmad
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
In all fairness I stopped caring about Taz/z a long time ago.