PDA

View Full Version : SMACKDOWN HCTP Question

Jon Kano
05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
So yeah, you all know I love this game, and its basically the last decent wrestling game made...

However, is there a way and what is it to break up a submission in multiplayer matches?

There has to be one.

DAMN iNATOR
05-08-2009, 03:18 PM
So yeah, you all know I love this game, and its basically the last decent wrestling game made...

However, is there a way and what is it to break up a submission in multiplayer matches?

There has to be one.

Well, if you time it right, you can counter or reverse a submission with L2 or R2...dunno if this is what you are asking or not. If not, short of fighting out of it on the tug of war thing, either by getting to the ropes or by getting the slider all the way over to your side of the tug of war bar, there may not be any other way.

Also HCTP was OK, but it had some flaws, some of which were fixed by SvR, and some of which were only further exacerbated by SvR. And the last decent wrestling game as you put it, I would have to respectfully disagree and recommend you check out SvR '06 if you've never played it. By far the best of the bunch.

Xero
05-08-2009, 03:58 PM
HCTP is superior only because it had the best roster of any officially licensed WWE game. I would say that SvR did improve on the gameplay itself.

Xerzes
05-09-2009, 02:19 AM
Can't break up the submission, but you can hit the ref, so if they do tap it won't be counted.

DAMN iNATOR
05-09-2009, 01:28 PM
And if you ever happen to have a match where all the stip.'s besides submission are turned OFF, use weapons early and often to target all areas of the body until all limbs are red, then go for the most devastating submission finisher your wrestler has.

Jon Kano
05-10-2009, 01:52 AM
I can't believe you can't break up submissions.