PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs Finale

BCWWF
05-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Thoughts?

I was sad but unsatisfied. It could have been a lot better. Oh well. Probably the best show on TV just ended. :'(

IC Champion
05-06-2009, 09:26 PM
*post*

St. Jimmy
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Did Zach Braff die? Cause if he didn't then no one cares.

D Mac
05-06-2009, 10:01 PM
I read it's still undecided whether this show is done or not.

BCWWF
05-06-2009, 10:21 PM
It's definitely JD and Carla's last show, but I think it would be such a bad idea to continue without them.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
I loved this finale.

I laughed really, really obscenely hard when the Janitor's name was revealed, and then the intern in the hallway...:lol:

Juan
05-07-2009, 02:17 AM
I just started watching it right now. I'm already sad :(

Juan
05-07-2009, 03:02 AM
WTF man. this sucks :'(

Juan
05-07-2009, 03:05 AM
wow. i got a little teary eyed at the end when he gets in his car and they play the theme song

JD :heart:

Juan
05-07-2009, 03:10 AM
that whole behind the scenes stuff at the very end just made me even sadder

Impeccable
05-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Got to watch this tonight...can't believe it's over for Zach Braff :(

BCWWF
05-07-2009, 09:38 AM
wow. i got a little teary eyed at the end when he gets in his car and they play the theme song

JD :heart:

I agree :(

That was the hardest part.

Heros Welcome
05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Loved it. I can admit I got misty eyed.

It was tough knowing that in 49 minutes time it was all coming to an end. But I think they did a great job with showing how far JD came along in the 8 years he was at Sacred Heart.

If they were to come out with another season, odds are I would watch it, but without Carla and JD, mainly JD it will be so weird and wrong. JD IS the show.

It was a great run though, and I'll miss it!

D Mac
05-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Janitor should get his own show. The Janitor

Ogen
05-07-2009, 04:05 PM
All went a bit gay at the end though.

BCWWF
05-07-2009, 04:14 PM
I felt like after some of the amazing episodes they've done in the past, where they mix comedy with really emotional moments, that it could have had a lot more depth to it. I just didn't like how he walked around the hospital doing nothing the whole first half, and it would have been more satisfying if the things like Cox's speech about him came a little more naturally—but I guess that might have defeated the purpose in itself.

But nonetheless, just heartbreaking when he got into the Prius and drove away with the acoustic entrance song. Feel terrible just thinking about it right now.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Can someone post a link? i can't find a download anywhere.

Juan
05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
<object width="640" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.megavideo.com/v/1CEXABLBf56decadb4a599d09b2c1445905bf8bf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.megavideo.com/v/1CEXABLBf56decadb4a599d09b2c1445905bf8bf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="344"></embed></object>

Rob
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I thought it was a good ending if this is it. Better than a bunch of other shows ended anyway. Shame it's over really.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Awesome end. Especially with the credits.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Also it is to be noted that it's much better than that utter shit NBC put out for an ending.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-07-2009, 10:06 PM
And LMAO @ "hooch is crazy"

BCWWF
05-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Also it is to be noted that it's much better than that utter shit NBC put out for an ending.

To be fair, wasn't NBC planning to end it and then have to change the story lines of the last couple episodes at the last minute so it could continue?

Juan
05-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I think the writer's strike affected the NBC finale

PapaGeorgio
05-08-2009, 08:08 AM
NBC also played episodes out of order towards the end. They didn't want the episode to leave on a high note, so the last one we got was what I feel is the worst episode over, the flashback in time to midevel ages or whatever.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-08-2009, 07:56 PM
yeah, that fantasy episode was horrible.

Fox
05-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I was pretty disappointed. 45 minutes of JD trying to gain Dr. Cox's fatherly approval. Wow, it's not like we had 7 seasons of that already or anything. JD and Turk being nearly homo for one another, but in a funny and manly way? Yep, been there.

I really wanted something more from this finale, and totally felt let down. We didn't even get a clear cut answer on what the Janitor's name really is - a minor note, but one that many fans have been waiting since season 1 to find out.

The way that the director/creator said "That's a wrap on Season eight!" at the end of the credits sequence leads me to believe that perhaps we haven't seen the last of Scrubs.

I look back at that perfect Pilot episode - which is probably one of the best pilots I've ever seen - and the brilliant episodes and comedy in the first three seasons, and though it makes me sad to know that those days are truly and completely over, the fact that they have fallen so far from where they started makes me almost happy to see it go.

BCWWF
05-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm OK with the Janitor's name thing. I guess in some ways knowing his name would never fully live up to expectations.

But in general, I agree with Fox. It would have been much more fulfilling if there was some real drama—one of my favorite episodes is when they use bad body parts for transplanting and everybody dies—and then the other stuff came somewhat naturally.

I just felt like Scrubs did such an amazing job of mixing drama and comedy and tragedy throughout the years that it was kind of a cop-out to end it like that.

Sting Fan
05-10-2009, 05:05 AM
I didnt mind it to be honest but agree with the above two posts, the best scrubs moments were drama moments I feel.

This lacked that fully. That said it felt like something the cast would have really enjoyed making so all power to them I guess.

BCWWF
05-10-2009, 09:07 PM
From what it sounds like it seems like the show is coming back in some capacity next year.

Just wish they got Aziz Ansari instead of Parks and Recreation.

The Gold Standard
05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I thought it was fantastic.

How does everyone know it was Carla's last show? If it is Carla's last show, wouldn't be Turks too?

BCWWF
05-11-2009, 11:42 AM
They're not married in real life, The Gold Standard. The news has been that the actress who plays Carla will be leaving after this last season. She was visibly crying and stuff in the finale outtakes too, so I think it's safe to say she's gone.

But it is kind of interesting, because J.D. and Kelso were written out of the story but nobody else was. I thought Carla and even somebody else was rumored to be leaving. What do they do, just have her not show up next season even though she is Turk's wife?

Gray
05-11-2009, 12:02 PM
The only thing i can assume with regards to Carla is that i recall her being pregnant. If she is to be written out of the show, it could probably go down the path of her having some trouble with the pregnancy/giving birth and eventually just dying from the complications.

I suppose it could setup an emotional start to a new season, but the show feels like its on barebones now with its original cast members and i would have preferred them to just ending it in Season8.

PapaGeorgio
05-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah hopefully if there is another season they could do the Carla dies episode while giving Child birth, just do one more episode or so. That could make the show too depressing though, I don't know. I did half expect that to be the end, where she is suddenly ready to give birth, things get complicated and she dies. The only problem I have with that is with the finale we saw there are some contradictions. With J.D. seeing the movie of his life play out. While it's clearly just him imagining it and not set in stone, I feel a major event like that would take away from the finale we just saw. The one thing that has been said is Scrubs as we know it is over. So that was the series finale of Scrubs in some ways. And if they do a new generation and call it Scrubs, it would almost do an injustice to that finale if they go the Carla death route.

Gray
05-16-2009, 10:44 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8053531.stm

9th season incoming...?

Rob
05-16-2009, 01:43 PM
The only thing i can assume with regards to Carla is that i recall her being pregnant. If she is to be written out of the show, it could probably go down the path of her having some trouble with the pregnancy/giving birth and eventually just dying from the complications.

I suppose it could setup an emotional start to a new season, but the show feels like its on barebones now with its original cast members and i would have preferred them to just ending it in Season8.

That won't happen. They already showed a future shot at the end of them all together at the Turks' appartment and they had 2 kids there.

Tornado
05-16-2009, 05:49 PM
That won't happen. They already showed a future shot at the end of them all together at the Turks' appartment and they had 2 kids there.

I think that was how JD want's to see the future, not what actually happens.

Rob
05-16-2009, 05:56 PM
If it was how JD wanted to see it, he'd be in bed with Coxy ;)

NeanderCarl
05-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Why would Carla have to die? Why can't she just be... you know... a stay at home mother? And probably pop up now and again as a special guest star?

Just because she's not going to be in every episode from now on, or maybe not any, doesn't mean she has to DIE to justify her non-appearance in the show.

Fox
05-17-2009, 01:38 AM
She discovers her long lost sister in the Dominican Republic and goes to live there for awhile with the babies. Yeah, it's a stretch, but it's better than killing her off, or worse, giving her the Chuck Cunningham treatment.

Fox
05-17-2009, 01:38 AM
And don't get me wrong, I love the new interns, and I love Turk, but I don't think either is/are enough to carry the show.

NeanderCarl
05-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Just transition Cox into the main focus of the show. He's a multi-dimensional character who can carry a show in his own right.

PapaGeorgio
05-17-2009, 08:58 PM
I don't see how they can just justify Carla as a stay at home mother and not still be a regular. They would have to write her out somehow, and killing her off seems to fit. It would also be the key to Scrubs being Scrubs. Meaning this, J.D. was the emotion behind the show. Scrubs was great because you could laugh and cry. With Zach Braff leaving the show (for the most part) that emotion we all love will be missing. But if Carla were to die, it would push both Turk and Dr. Cox to become more emotional do to their relationship with Carla.

As for the finale, if the show is to be over, the home movies J.D. saw should be thought of as actual events, well at least implied. But if the show continues, I think it would make it more of what he thought it should be like.

Hanso Amore
05-17-2009, 09:15 PM
JD, Elliott, Turk and Carla are all Done.

JD is leaving.

Elliot - How can she still show up, yet we never see JD? What is the poitn of her character without him?

Carla - Leaving

Turk - Unless they kill her off, which would be retarded, how do they explain him being around without her? What is his character worth without JD or Carla?

PapaGeorgio
05-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I think one point we all need to realize, which I think Hanso does, is that the focus will shift to new Characters. While we may see familiar faces, stories will mostly revolve around the new characters. I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYMORE I feel there is nothing worth watching on tv anymore that taps into my emotions like that.

Hanso Amore
05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
it will be probably about the new interns they really FORCED down our throats this year.

Maybe Cox is around....but I wouldnt be surprised to see this in a new hospital, being Scrubs in name only.

PapaGeorgio
05-17-2009, 09:56 PM
I think it will be the same hospital. With Cox, Turk, Janitor and Ted still being around in their normal/new positions. Either way will have a rough transition. It will be like UK shows becoming US shows. Can't expect the same thing, but can still enjoy them in different ways.

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm curious about it to say the least. The shift will change to new characters, I am sure, but I think the show could work with the rest of the main cast, minus Zach Braff and Judy Reyes. Killing off Carla is just the kind of emotional shift a character like Turk could use to become the beating heart of the show. At least while some other characters are developed. We've all become so attached to them that they can be put into the main focus, and we will watch them.

I remember reading rumours that Zach Braff was trying to get David Cross to play his character from Arrested Development, who was a doctor, on Scrubs. That would be amazing, because Tobias was one of the funniest parts of AD, and could work really well on Scrubs in interactions with Dr. Cox, Turk and The Janitor. But I doubt that will happen.