PDA

View Full Version : JR

taker707
05-11-2009, 03:36 AM
So why exactly was jr released from his management postions within WWE . I know he was vp of talent . then promoted to vp of business strategy . why was he taken off the management team and does he have any say so any more

James Steele
05-11-2009, 03:42 AM
I imagine that he didn't have the time to commit to the management side of WWE once he began his restaurants (which he wants to turn into a regional chain), and with the different direction WWE is going in JR might not have been the best for where WWE wanted to go.

James Steele
05-11-2009, 03:42 AM
It is a shame because he brought in a shitload of great workers.

Pardeep 619
05-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Taker 707 why don't you ask him on his website jrsbarbq.com

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2009, 11:16 AM
I remember hearing that it was because he didn't have time to both commit to his duties backstage as well as his commentary work, because I thought that he should fuck commentary off.

Ah well, he's much better in his colour role than he has been in his play-by-play role for the past couple of years.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Actually, I think it was after being dropped from management that his commentary work started to fade. Was I alone in noticing this trend?

taker707
05-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Taker 707 why don't you ask him on his website jrsbarbq.com

i took your advice and to my suprise

JR, Im a huge fan of your work inside the booth and backstage . My question is this what were the reasons behind u leaving your management post at titan towers . I know that you were promoted from the vp of talent relations to the vp of business strategy. Why did you leave this post . you were great at finding talent.

Tue, 05/19/2009 - 4:53pm — jrfan707
Posted in:Wrestling
I left corporate as an Executive Vice President with a great salary and many benefits. I simply wanted to slow down and enjoy the fruits of my labor including seeing my children and granddaughters more often. I assume some will or could say that I was burned out of the 7 day a week grind and never taking the time to step away from work. I never took a vacation all the time I was in Connecticut which upon looking back at it was pretty stupid on my part. I like to think I made some significant contributions to WWE and for those contributions they provided me with financial security. Not a bad deal.

Team Sheep
05-23-2009, 07:47 AM
JR loves teh webz now.