PDA

View Full Version : "I lost my smile"

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 02:27 PM
An epic moment in wrestling history, I'm sure someone of us remember it like it was yesterday, the day that the world champion Shawn Michaels "lost" his smile.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K9AzgP9wabg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K9AzgP9wabg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 02:34 PM
I still get teary eyed watching it. So heart felt.

Dorkchop
05-11-2009, 02:40 PM
http://bobsworth.dreamhosters.com/keyboardcat/index.php?id=K9AzgP9wabg&start=15

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
"Stone Cold Steve Austin Found His Smile."

http://www.scoopthis.com/images/articles/wrestling/037b_nosmile.jpg

4 knuckles up
05-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Why didn't he put someone over by losing the belt to them before he went away for a while?

Or did he?

Nicky Fives
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Why didn't he put someone over by losing the belt to them before he went away for a while?

Or did he?

nope..... they had a "Final Four" Match at the IYH event to crown a new champ.... Bret won.... go figure :shifty:

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 03:33 PM

Or did he?
No he did not. He refused to, hence him losing his smile.

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
nope..... they had a "Final Four" Match at the IYH event to crown a new champ.... Bret won.... go figure :shifty:

Then lost it the very next night to Sid...

James Steele
05-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Shawn's career-threatening knee injury had nothing to do with this, huh?

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 05:49 PM
LOL, "knee injury"

Xero
05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
LOL, "Montreal was awesome."

RP
05-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Did anyone ever go to a show when the ratings for WWE started to get low, with a sign that said " I lost my television remote "?

Theo Dious
05-11-2009, 06:34 PM
LOL, "knee injury"

Brought to you by TPWW's resident medical professional, Instant Classic, MD.

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 07:14 PM
You don't need to be a doctor to know Michaels feigned the injury.

James Steele
05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
You don't need to be a doctor to know Michaels feigned the injury.

You just need to believe a delusional smark who will believe a bunch of jealous carnies over the man you are talking shit about.

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 07:34 PM
The man is question was also a petty carnie.

James Steele
05-11-2009, 07:39 PM
The man is question was also a petty carnie.

He is the greatest carnie of all time, and that pissed off several other carnies. I'd believe the carnie about his own injury before I believe some other pissed off bitter carnies about said carnies injury.

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Of course you would.

James Steele
05-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Yes, and you should too.

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 07:45 PM
No, I'm not retarded.

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Shawn would tell you he never took a dick in the ass probably too.

James Steele
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Shawn would tell you he never took a dick in the ass probably too.

OK, what bitter wrestler told you in his book or shitty "shoot tape" that Shawn engaged in a homosexual sex act?

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-11-2009, 07:52 PM
OK, what bitter wrestler told you in his book or shitty "shoot tape" that Shawn engaged in a homosexual sex act?

I have a feeling you would toss Shaw Michael's salad given the chance. He's just a dude, not a god, settle down.

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 07:57 PM

http://showstoppa23.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/32.jpg

Kane Knight
05-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Come on. Michaels is a petty bitch. Let's accept it and move on.

He's also a faggot. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Theo Dious
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
http://showstoppa23.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/32.jpg

Remind me again where that photo originated?

IC Champion
05-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Yes, because the majority of readers of the magezine aren't fags or anything?

Kane Knight
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Yes, because the majority of readers of the magezine aren't fags or anything?

They aren't. also, dudes read Playboy for the articles.

blake639raw
05-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Why can't you just enjoy the performer without fellatioing the man? Michaels is probably my fav wrestler ever, but in the 90's, he was a fucking douche bag. Just because I like his work doesn't mean I'm gonna stick up for him as a human being. Everybody thought Benoit was a good guy....

Krimzon7
05-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Good Point Kane Knight

If I had to job to a worthless Canadian piece of shit, I'd lose my smile too.

Kane Knight
05-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Why can't you just enjoy the performer without fellatioing the man? Michaels is probably my fav wrestler ever, but in the 90's, he was a fucking douche bag. Just because I like his work doesn't mean I'm gonna stick up for him as a human being. Everybody thought Benoit was a good guy....

Word.

I love HBK, but that doesn't make him any less of a cocksucker.

Zen v.W.o.
05-12-2009, 12:25 AM
What a faggot.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Word.

I love HBK, but that doesn't make him any less of a cocksucker.

lol you don't understand though, it's hard to see someone's fault when you're blinded by lust and a need to take it in the rectum from someone. This is what Mr. Steele has been afflicted by.

Theo Dious
05-12-2009, 12:41 AM
lol you don't understand though, it's hard to see someone's fault when you're blinded by lust and a need to take it in the rectum from someone. This is what Mr. Steele has been afflicted by.

Pretty funny to hear when the only opposition to him seems to be a circle jerk of anger towards him and a lot of homophobic slurs.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Pretty funny to hear when the only opposition to him seems to be a circle jerk of anger towards him and a lot of homophobic slurs.

Yeah that is pretty funny.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 12:47 AM
:roll:

I have never denied that HBK was a prick back in the day, hell, he is the first to admit it. My point in this thread is that he actually did have a knee injury, and after admitting to everything he's admitted to, why wouldn't he fess up to him faking a knee injury. HBK said he had a knee injury, and I believe him over some dirtsheet writer or bitter old wrestler who is trying to keep his flame from going out.

Zen v.W.o.
05-12-2009, 01:26 AM
He was dancing and prancing all over the place at WM 13 and before that, while he was supposed to have gone off for surgery, for one thing. His knees certainly seemed fine to most.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Who fucking cares

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 01:44 AM

Old news, really.

FourFifty
05-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Okay, let's look at things like this...

If it was a knee injury, then they came up with a creative way of pulling it off.
If he was faking a knee injury like a lot of you are saying, then he cut a memorable promo that is still referenced to this day. People still remember this because people still care for HBK... but you know what line is rarely referenced? "Who are you to doubt El Dandy?"

JT
05-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Isn't this the guy who also happen to receive a carear ending back injury at the beginning of the Austin era, and which miraculously healed around the time Austin was on bad terms with WWE?

Granted I think he's a great preformer, but kind of want to throw my two cents in there too on him being a petty bitch.

FourFifty
05-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Isn't this the guy who also happen to receive a carear ending back injury at the beginning of the Austin era, and which miraculously healed around the time Austin was on bad terms with WWE?

Granted I think he's a great preformer, but kind of want to throw my two cents in there too on him being a petty bitch.

Why yes, because it's highly unfortunate that HBK was out for the bulk of the Austin Era, costing him millions of dollars. Let's all praise Sweet Robot Jesus that he came back during a slump, where he would not see the kind of money he would have made if he was wrestling a few years beforehand.

Nark Order
05-12-2009, 02:13 AM
There was really no reason for him NOT to be a complete prick and a petty bitch though, Vince never really reprimanded him much and took him back after every time he left on bad terms. Yeah, he took advantage of people but he was almost encouraged to do so. It's like giving your dog a treat everytime e pisses on the carpet.

JT
05-12-2009, 02:29 AM
Why yes, because it's highly unfortunate that HBK was out for the bulk of the Austin Era, costing him millions of dollars. Let's all praise Sweet Robot Jesus that he came back during a slump, where he would not see the kind of money he would have made if he was wrestling a few years beforehand.

Some people's egos go beyond that of money...I would place Shawn Michael's ego in that category...

KIRA
05-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Lost his balls is more like it

The MAC
05-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Bret was gonna own him in the rematch. Shawn said it best when he said "HBK lays down for nobody". He didn't want to job to anyone and yet he criticises Bret for taking the business too seriously and no doing the honours.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 03:51 AM
How many guys has Shawn put over since his return?

Not Booked
05-12-2009, 05:07 AM
Mr Steele, you are ridiculous. Are you honestly arguing that Shawn wanted to drop the belt but couldn't?

You know damn-well any other performer in the WWF would have said "Vince, I'm hurt, I need to drop the belt". You know the Undertaker, Austin, The Rock or Mankind would have gone out there, had one more match and done the job.

Shawn would have been dealing with the pain of a knee injury like this for many years. This stuff builds up over time. You think if he wanted to drop the belt he couldn't have had one more match, or done it one match sooner...?

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 09:38 AM
but you know what line is rarely referenced? "Who are you to doubt El Dandy?"

Except, you know, it is.

I mean, if you gotta lie to support your side of the story....

The MAC
05-12-2009, 10:20 AM
He was dancing around like the stripper he must of been in his former life on RAW and WM13..what the fuck is wrong with you steele? Are you sitting on shawns cock right now?

The Mackem
05-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Except, you know, it is.

I mean, if you gotta lie to support your side of the story....

Who are you to doubt El Dandy?

Zen v.W.o.
05-12-2009, 11:26 AM
This guy is a true professional. (el dandy, not HBK)

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Also, what does it say about Michaels if he's so remembered for "I lost my smile," as people seem to claim? Is Austin remembered for "He took his ball and went home?" No. Is the Rock remembered for the Scorpion King? Nobody remembers that movie. is Hogan remembered for being....Fuck, that's a bad example.

Though to the IWC, it might be a fair comparison. When people bring up Hogan here, they rarely bring up the slamming of Andre, or the years where he practically carried WWF. They bring him up as a politicking douchebag. And if you really want to tout "I lost my smile" being remembered over his actual wrestling accomplishments as a feather in his cap, well....

I guess what I'm saying is that was stupid and sells Michaels short, fourfifty. I know you're a little smarter than your argument.

The MAC
05-12-2009, 01:43 PM
no one denies michaels contributions but his selfishness must also be noted. At least sell your fake injury, you fag. Bret worked a brilliant match going out of his way to make michaels shine, put michaels over clean in the middle of the ring at wm12. Immediately after that Michaels told him to get the fuck out of his ring.

Was it too much for him to return the favour at WM13? I guess so. Fuck , he was injured and still didnt want to put austin over the next year at Wm14. How fucking selfish.

And lets not forget the crying in the lockerroom after the screw job. guess he lost his smile there too.

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 01:48 PM
no one denies michaels contributions but his selfishness must also be noted. At least sell your fake injury, you fag. Bret worked a brilliant match going out of his way to make michaels shine, put michaels over clean in the middle of the ring at wm12. Immediately after that Michaels told him to get the fuck out of his ring.

Was it too much for him to return the favour at WM13? I guess so. Fuck , he was injured and still didnt want to put austin over the next year at Wm14. How fucking selfish.

And lets not forget the crying in the lockerroom after the screw job. guess he lost his smile there too.

Why do you hate God, America, and puppies?

Zeeboe
05-12-2009, 03:01 PM
I really wish I knew how to upload a clip to You Tube (Translation: I wish I had the patience to learn how to upload a video to You Tube.) Because as I've bragged about before on here, I have almost all the 97' Raw episodes recorded on VHS, and towards the end of that year, when Jim Neidhart came out to confront D-X after they had a little person come out and wear a Bret Hart mask, and make fun of Bret, HBK questioned the whereabouts of the other Hart Foundation members. Neidhart told him Bulldog had a knee injury to which Shawn sarcastically replied and said something as long the lines of

"Ohh, one of those knee injuries! Yeah, I've had "one of those knee injuries" before...."

Not the exact words, but even Shawn himself implied he faked the knee injury.

Maybe that above clip is already on youtube, maybe it's not, but I tell ya, Bret and Shawn said all kinds of "shoot style" things to one another in interviews through out 1997. Things I had no clue what they were talking about until years later when I watched the episodes again. It made for some truly classic stuff. It was great to be a wrestling fan at that time. Anyhow, in closing, I believe HBK did fake the injury, and his refusal to job to Bret after Bret jobbed to him at Wrestlemania 12, and was told by Shawn afterwards to "get the fuck outta the ring, this is my time", goes to show how unprofessional the boy toy truly is, and that in the wrestling business, it's not "only the strong survive", it's "only the evil survive". And of course, Shawn's kiss-up, tag-along, buddy Triple H would later go on to carry the company, and now another butt-kisser, Randy Orton is in the process of becoming the big man on campus next, along with his two buddies that are only there cause of their father's. That's what wrestling is all about now. Who you kiss up to, and/or who your father is.

That trend started because of Shawn Michaels when he screwed over a real wrestler, a wrestling of tradition. When that happened, Shawn not only screwed Bret Hart, but he screwed the wrestling business, and the notion of actually paying your dues to get to the top by having a strong work ethic too.

The MAC
05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Why do you hate God, America, and puppies?

god doesn't exist, america because(all the points bret made during 97), and I'm a cat person.

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM
That's what wrestling is all about now. Who you kiss up to, and/or who your father is.

Hey, who was Bret Hart's father again?

The MAC
05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Even Stu ,at 80, could have kicked hbk's ass.

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 04:06 PM
You Are Here.

The Point.

Rob
05-12-2009, 04:14 PM

I have never denied that HBK was a prick back in the day, hell, he is the first to admit it. My point in this thread is that he actually did have a knee injury, and after admitting to everything he's admitted to, why wouldn't he fess up to him faking a knee injury. HBK said he had a knee injury, and I believe him over some dirtsheet writer or bitter old wrestler who is trying to keep his flame from going out.

MARK

Dr James Andrews was on WWF TV less than a week later saying Shawn's "knee injury" wasn't serious and he'd make a comeback in less than 6 weeks.

Believe a legit doctor or Shawn Michaels?

Actually, don't answer that. Stick to wiping his cum off your top lip.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 04:16 PM
HBK WOULDN'T LIE HE'S A BORN AGAIN JESUS FREAK AND TEXAN, HE CAN'T LIE!!!!!!!!

Nark Order
05-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Despite all of this I know one thing and can never be convinced otherwise.

Shawn Michaels > Bret Hart

Zen v.W.o.
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Despite all of this I know one thing and can never be convinced otherwise.

Shawn Michaels > Bret Hart

...at sucking cock.

bigdaddysuperfreak
05-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Im not gonna side with either and the only thing im gonna say is that HBKs music is fucking horrible.

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Can we get a mod to get a definitive Bret v. Shawn thread going so I don't have to check 3 or 4 for my daily dose of mark shit talking?

Nark Order
05-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Shawn has bested Bret at pretty much every aspect of the game IMO. Shawn definitely came out on top in this real life shoot fued of theres. Not going to get into an arguement with Zen though about this as he probably won't be able to argue all too well with Bret's ballsack on his tongue.

The MAC
05-12-2009, 04:31 PM
shawn is only wrestling to support his cocaine habbit. He cant give blowjobs all weekend like he used to cus church is on sundays.

Nark Order
05-12-2009, 04:36 PM
How ironic is it that Shawn Michaels just may be the best there is, was, and ever will be?

Like really.

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 04:45 PM
This is the pulse.

This is your finger, far from the pulse, straight up your ass.

Say, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
How ironic is it that Shawn Michaels just may be the best there is, was, and ever will be?

Like really.

Arguing who is the best wrestler in a fake sport is like arguing over which is more retared, a child with austism, or a child with down syndrome, they are both retareded.

Fignuts
05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
You people are fucking retarded, swear to god.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
MARK

Dr James Andrews was on WWF TV less than a week later saying Shawn's "knee injury" wasn't serious and he'd make a comeback in less than 6 weeks.

Believe a legit doctor or Shawn Michaels?

Actually, don't answer that. Stick to wiping his cum off your top lip.

So he had a doctor on WWF TV say he had a legit knee injury? So, then why the fuck would you and other Bret Hart marks say he was faking his injury. My whole argument is that he had a legitimate knee injury that was not as serious as originally thought. Thank you for proving my point for me!

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 04:52 PM
You mean the "knee injury" that was never real in the first place?

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Arguing who is the best wrestler in a fake sport is like arguing over which is more retared, a child with austism, or a child with down syndrome, they are both retareded.

Like you've never argued over the better actor, director, or musician.

HBK doesn't need to be a real competitor in a real sport to be the best any more than Christian Bale has to fight crime to be the best Batman.

Nark Order
05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
By the way, why has a Bret vs Shawn social group not been made? I'm willing to bet it would be pretty popular.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Like you've never argued over the better actor, director, or musician.

HBK doesn't need to be a real competitor in a real sport to be the best any more than Christian Bale has to fight crime to be the best Batman.

Silly KK, acting is a real profession.

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Since there can be no consensus through logic over who was right and who was wrong, I have a proposal: The first ever TPWW Dozens! Team HBK and Team Hitman will exchange insults and myself and two other judges to be determined will rank the level of the insult from 0 (Are You Serious, Kid?) to 5 (I'm Calling Off Work Today). No subject will be too taboo! Sign-ups will begin at once. The winning team will determine once and for all, the Better Wrestler!

Nark Order
05-12-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm on team Shret Harchaels!

James Steele
05-12-2009, 05:01 PM
* head explodes *

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Teams of Five Strive to Survive.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Teams of Four make love to Whores.

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Silly KK, acting is a real profession.

If that's true, why is Cena allowed to do it?

Nark Order
05-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Thed, I would like to be taken into consideration as a judge. I know a vast array of Bret/Shawn jokes and have a good ear for insults. I also used to be a shift manager at Macaroni Grill.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:04 PM
If that's true, why is Cena allowed to do it?

Vince owns his own production company?

It's the movie business, Steven Segel used to get steady work FFS.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 05:05 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/TwistedSteeleEntertainment/l_7c547499faac4e3c9bc3e091c7c86204.jpg

TEAM MICHAELS getting ready to terrorize the Hart Foundation (TPWW).

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Can I be on Team Extreme? I want to get stoned and wander around the debate aimlessly.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Can I be on Team Extreme? I want to get stoned and wander around the debate aimlessly.

Me and Shadow have filled those positions, though we do need a Lita...

James Steele
05-12-2009, 05:07 PM
KK don't do it, they will treat you like they treated this poor fella:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/TwistedSteeleEntertainment/l_78f42d12122b4392882efb7d56c16b3b.gif

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Seems to be ample space on the Team Hitman side of things.

DaveWadding
05-12-2009, 05:08 PM
God, he was so fucking blasted on painkillers.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 05:09 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/TwistedSteeleEntertainment/l_2b0822e216a94b66ae568bac96f860ac.jpg

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Vince owns his own production company?

It's the movie business, Steven Segel used to get steady work FFS.

You Are Here.

The Point. Moving on....

Me and Shadow have filled those positions, though we do need a Lita...

I figured, being a canuck, you'd side with Bret. I was under the impression that Canadian citizenship required you to be as far up Bret's ass as being a Texan requires James to be up Shawn's....

Besides, I figured you'd go for Rhi as your Lita for the sake of accuracy.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:11 PM
I dunno Lita was sort of mannish.

If someone told me she was a tranny, I wouldn't be shocked.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:12 PM
And screw you KK, I know where the point is.

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
As of right now:

Judges: Thedric Amndest, Narc, JerryTron

Team HBK
1) James Steele
2) Xero ?
3) FourFifty ?
4) Krimzon ?
5) ?

Team Hitman
1) DaveWadding
2) The Mac?
3) Instant Classic ?
4) Rob ?
5) Zen ?

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I dunno Lita was sort of mannish.

If someone told me she was a tranny, I wouldn't be shocked.

Aside from her jawline, she wasn't really manly. I think you're mistaking her for Shannon Moore. But I digress, I don't have the requisite STIs.

Kane Knight
And screw you KK, I know where the point is.

What, are you Hanso's Alt?

IC Champion
I believe Rob is a Hart fan.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Aside from her jawline, she wasn't really manly. I think you're mistaking her for Shannon Moore. But I digress, I don't have the requisite STIs.

I think I was thinking of Shannon Moore, my bad.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:16 PM
What, are you Hanso's Alt?

You're making me appreciate James Steele.

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I will tentatively schedule Rob.

DaveWadding
05-12-2009, 05:17 PM
As of right now:

Judges: Thedric Amndest, Narc, JerryTron

Team HBK
1) James Steele
2) Xero ?
3) FourFifty ?
4) Krimzon ?
5) ?

Team Hitman
1) DaveWadding
2) Zen ?
3) The Mac ?
4) Instant Classic ?
5) ?

I be runnin this shit.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 05:18 PM
IC, I am quite lovable once you get to know me. :naughty:

thedamndest
I will need all parties to agree to this before we can begin setting up the format.

Kane Knight
You're making me appreciate James Steele.

Why, because he has better control of his gag reflex?

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:19 PM

Yes.:-\

James Steele
05-12-2009, 05:19 PM

Well, after years of reading your posts I have learned how to not puke in my mouth.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I will need all parties to agree to this before we can begin setting up the format.

LOL this is ridiculous.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Well, after years of reading your posts I have learned how to not puke in my mouth.

Oh JS, so young and naive.

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 05:22 PM
LOL this is ridiculous.

This is ridiculous, but this is pretty much what the argument over Bret v. Shawn has come to, so I am all for it. This will=ratings.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Well if it equals ratings.

Theddy, the modern day Vince McMahon, without the queer walk.

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Oh JS, so young and naive.

and unintentionally HILARIOUS.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I started this thread as a way of remember one of the great moments in the wrestling. Please show it the respect it deserves.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 05:28 PM
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

DaveWadding
05-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Well if it equals ratings.

Theddy, the modern day Vince McMahon, without the queer walk.

without?

James Steele
05-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Vince is evil, don't ya know!

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I started this thread as a way of remember one of the great moments in the wrestling. Please show it the respect it deserves.

By respecting James' ability to swallow?

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Vince is evil, but thats besides the point.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 05:31 PM
By respecting James' ability to swallow?

That is disrespectful.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
:rofl: @ homosexual relations

DaveWadding
05-12-2009, 06:39 PM
:rofl: @ homosexual relations*

*except with Shawn Michaels

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 06:48 PM
lol

Rob
05-12-2009, 07:16 PM
So he had a doctor on WWF TV say he had a legit knee injury? So, then why the fuck would you and other Bret Hart marks say he was faking his injury. My whole argument is that he had a legitimate knee injury that was not as serious as originally thought. Thank you for proving my point for me!

Was it career ending?

Thank you for proving your own stupidity again.

Rob
05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I will tentatively schedule Rob.

I'm actually on Team I Don't Give A Shit About This Feud Anymore.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Was it career ending?

Thank you for proving your own stupidity again.

It was originally thought to be, and thankfully, it wasn't.

Rob
05-12-2009, 07:25 PM
It was originally thought to be, and thankfully, it wasn't.

Bollocks it was. That's the whole point. He faked a severe injury for a niggle of a knee injury. Surgery wasn't even required and he was back jumping and dancing on a table at Wrestlemania 4 weeks after "losing his smile".

FACT.

No dirtsheet writer said it. No washed up bitter wrestler. No genius promoter either. It was a legit doctor who was foolishly put on live TV to give an update about a severe knee injury. And he laughed that suggestion right out of town. The only two people who said it were the guy refusing to drop the world title and his stalker on this board.

FACT

I know you like a fact.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I was waiting for it. FACT
I knew it was coming. FACT
Thank you. FACT

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm actually on Team I Don't Give A Shit About This Feud Anymore.

It took you less than ten minutes to Start Giving A Shit About This Feud Again. FACT.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Fact: Bears eat Beets.

Theo Dious
05-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Team HBK
1) James Steele
2) Xero ?
3) FourFifty ?
4) Krimzon ?
5) ?

FUCKING AHEM!!!

thedamndest
05-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I wasn't sure if you were posting regularly or not right now. Team HBK (aka half of The Kliq) looks like a go. I recommend you guys meet after school to discuss your project.

Rob
05-12-2009, 08:02 PM
It took you less than ten minutes to Start Giving A Shit About This Feud Again. FACT.

You're confusing me giving a fuck about who likes Bret and Shawn better with informing people they are wrong regarding the facts of the matter.

It's 2009. Montreal was 12 years ago. Bret Hart has retired, has a stroke, been divorced twice and is done with wrestling. Shawn Michaels reitred, got married again, had kids, came back from his retirement (from a back injury I thought was very legit for the record) and attitude wise has been nothing like his former self. Talent wise he has been everything of his former self and if it was possible, he got better!

The only people who haven't moved on from Montreal and this feud are Vince McMahon and the people who defend Bret or Shawn's stance like their lives depend on it. I've said my piece on the facts of what went down plenty of times. I don't give a shit about the bits in between really.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Personally I agree with Rob, however getting a rise from JS is just to fun.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Are you saying your purposefully bait me into these shouting matches to make me look like an ass?

James Steele
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
:shifty:

Juan
05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
You're confusing me giving a fuck about who likes Bret and Shawn better with informing people they are wrong regarding the facts of the matter.

It's 2009. Montreal was 12 years ago. Bret Hart has retired, has a stroke, been divorced twice and is done with wrestling. Shawn Michaels reitred, got married again, had kids, came back from his retirement (from a back injury I thought was very legit for the record) and attitude wise has been nothing like his former self. Talent wise he has been everything of his former self and if it was possible, he got better!

The only people who haven't moved on from Montreal and this feud are Vince McMahon and the people who defend Bret or Shawn's stance like their lives depend on it. I've said my piece on the facts of what went down plenty of times. I don't give a shit about the bits in between really.

100% agree :y:

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Are you saying your purposefully bait me into these shouting matches to make me look like an ass?

Shouting matches, yes. The rest is just an amusing by product.

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 08:43 PM
That is disrespectful.

To who?

Personally I agree with Rob, however getting a rise from JS is just to fun.

Nothing gay there.

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Well only if you're looking for it.

Innovator
05-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I wish I was a mod here, delete this topic when it popped up

Zeeboe
05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey, who was Bret Hart's father again?

Bret earned his way to the top unlike the Million Dollar Boy, and Cody Rhodes.

Juan
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM

Ditto. Mods in the wrestling forum are seen sparingly.

Kane Knight
05-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Well only if you're looking for it.

If you need to look to find it, take the blindfold off.

Blue Demon
05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
YOU SCREWED BRET! YOU SCREWED BRET!

IC Champion
05-12-2009, 11:10 PM

This was a serious thread until people like James Steele came along.

James Steele
05-12-2009, 11:15 PM

Just like my "Bret Hart's Best Match (in WCW)" thread that you ruined.

thedamndest
05-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Bret earned his way to the top unlike the Million Dollar Boy, and Cody Rhodes.

They aren't at the top. In fact, they get beaten up pretty regularly by Cena/Batista/Shane/Vince/whomever. They just happen to be in a faction with Orton because they are all multi-generation stars. I don't really see them shooting up to the main event any time soon.

Even so, that is how the business works. People like Orton get a foot in the door because their family has been in the business. Hey, remember the Rock? Think he would have lasted when the fans started booing him out of buildings if he wasn't connected to somebody? This isn't a new phenomenon. Don't blame Cody Rhodes or Ted DiBiase for it.

The MAC
05-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Hart paid his dues more than any other wrestler. No one can debate the schedule he had. Even when he wasn't champion. Down in south africa the promoter was going to cancel the WWF (just after WM12) tour if bret wasn't on it. Who was champion at that time?

Bret still gets a bigger pop than your John Cena and all these little bitches combined.

Kane Knight
05-13-2009, 09:19 AM

I dunno. I'm pretty sure James takes this seriously. :d

Zeeboe
05-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Alright, DiBiase and Rhodes are kinda paying their dues, and believe it or not, I'm slowly taking a liking to that DiBiase kid.....however, they are still apart of the main event scene, lackys or not, and I believe they should be mid-carding. Bret Hart wasn't the Iron Sheik's laggy in 1983 when he was 26, and taking beatings from Bob Backlund.

By the way: As soon as I took a liking to Chris Masters, they canned him. So I hope I don't jinks DiBiase. On another note: He needs a gimmick name in my view, or he'll forever be compared to his father and living in the shadow of his old man. Everytime I hear or see the name, I think of Ted DiBiase senior, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Rob
05-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Bret still gets a bigger pop than your John Cena and all these little bitches combined.

Hulk Hogan gets a bigger pop than anyone when he comes back but nobody actually buys the shows he main events on PPV or at the ticket office.

In short, pops don't mean as much as people assume.

Volare
05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Not in this day and age...McMahon does what he wants, and dosen't pay much attention anymore about what the fans think.

AJHayes
05-13-2009, 03:54 PM
For my few cents...

Shawn is a cunt, and Bret is a bit on the whiney side.

But, I hate Shawn more. Largely because of the "lost my smile" attitude. He throws a little bitch fit when he has to lose, as opposed with Bret, who wanted to drop the title to Austin, not Shawn.

Fuck Shawn Michaels. Shut up Bret.

Rob
05-13-2009, 08:32 PM
For my few cents...

But, I hate Shawn more. Largely because of the "lost my smile" attitude. He throws a little bitch fit when he has to lose, as opposed with Bret, who wanted to drop the title to Austin, not Shawn.

Fuck Shawn Michaels. Shut up Bret.

13 years ago. Get over it.

Nark Order
05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
For my few cents...

But, I hate Shawn more. Largely because of the "lost my smile" attitude. He throws a little bitch fit when he has to lose, as opposed with Bret, who throws 12 year long bitch fits over single events.

#1-norm-fan
05-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Fact: Bears eat Beets.

Bears... Beets... Battlestar Galactica.

#1-norm-fan
05-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Oh and for my two cents....

I really enjoy professional wrestling. Shawn Michaels is the best wrestler of all time and has been my favorite wrestler for about 15 years now. Bret Hart is a wrestler who was really good back in the day but not on HBK level then just kinda drifted out of the limelight. Therefore, Shawn Michaels is the man and is amazingly awesome and Bret Hart is just some guy who was very good at the form of entertainment that I enjoy. Not much more to me.

On a side note though, I never thought about this before...

Do you think the Montreal incident would still be talked about as much today or have been as big of an issue if Bret was not nearly as good of a wrestler as he was? As in... do you think the argument of who was a better wrestler really has THAT much of an effect on the whole right or wrong on both sides of the situation?

Your thoughts, TPWW.

The MAC
05-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Bret Hart was a more believable wrestler.He worked the legs of a tall wrestler in preparation for the sharpshooter.He didn't have to use the steps or announcers tables to make the good moments. His punches look so solid.

Shawn michaels is also great in the ring but in a different way. You can see bret in a real fight with his style but with shawns style its just too flashy for realism.

Shawn michaels takes a beating then nips up like nothing happened..that always annoyed me because he is supposed to be tired and barely hanging on by that point.

Did he try to nip up when the marines at the bar beat the shit out of him?

The Mackem
05-14-2009, 08:10 AM
I am watching you 'The MAC'.

Zen v.W.o.
05-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Bret Hart was a more believable wrestler.He worked the legs of a tall wrestler in preparation for the sharpshooter.He didn't have to use the steps or announcers tables to make the good moments. His punches look so solid.

Shawn michaels is also great in the ring but in a different way. You can see bret in a real fight with his style but with shawns style its just too flashy for realism.

Shawn michaels takes a beating then nips up like nothing happened..that always annoyed me because he is supposed to be tired and barely hanging on by that point.

So basically, Bret had better psychology and was a more realisitc wrestler. Both factually correct points. Let me add: He was just plain better.

AJHayes
05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
So basically, Bret had better psychology and was a more realisitc wrestler. Both factually correct points. Let me add: He was just plain better.

/thread

James Steele
05-14-2009, 01:53 PM

Bret was more bland and OMG HE WORKED THE LEGS! THE BRILLIANT MAN WORKED THE LEGS FOR HIS FINISHING SUBMISSION HOLD WHICH INVOLVED THE LEGS!

Please, I am begging you to actually present facts instead of opinions. Rob presented FACTs, so why can't you Marky Mark?

thedamndest
05-14-2009, 02:02 PM
It saddens me to say that Team Hitman has forfeited the first ever TPWW Dozens due to their lack of ability to put forth a cohesive team. Therefore, your winner, and the better wrestler...THE HEARTBREAK KID SHAWN MICAELS!

James Steele
05-14-2009, 02:09 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

IC Champion
05-14-2009, 02:28 PM
It saddens me to say that Team Hitman has forfeited the first ever TPWW Dozens due to their lack of ability to put forth a cohesive team. Therefore, your winner, and the better wrestler...THE HEARTBREAK KID SHAWN MICAELS!

You're decision is more flawed than James Steeles logic. FLAWED

Rob
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
CM Punk is better than the pair of them anyway.

thedamndest
Take it up with the Team Hitman no-shows.

IC Champion

Do you smoke crack?

FourFifty
05-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm gonna have some victory pizza left over from last night.

IC Champion
05-14-2009, 02:37 PM
FourFifty makes me wish Hitler had succeeded.

FourFifty
05-14-2009, 02:39 PM
But seriously, this argument will never end. Tpww.net would be better off if we created 3 social groups with strict mods. A Team Hart group, a Team Kliq group, and some sort of battle ground where Team Kliq and Team Hart can argue without looking at 4 threads.

FourFifty
05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
FourFifty makes me wish Hitler had succeeded.

That's is! You are SO out of my sig!:mad:

#1-norm-fan
05-14-2009, 04:13 PM

:yes:

Kane Knight
05-14-2009, 04:17 PM

So Michaels was better in basically every meaningful way to pro wrestling in the mainstream, keeping in mind the mainstream remembers Hogan, Rock and Austin and not Storm, Haas, and Noble.

Also, Michaels doesn't need the announce table or ring steps to make a memorable moment. I would go as far as to say that the vast majority of his best spots don't use props. Michaels can use them, but he's good with props and without them.

He also does a damn good job of selling an injury, and his kip ups don't take away from that.

I don't give a flying fuck if you like Michaels, prefer Hart, or whatever, but when you step into the realm of claiming some sort of difference between Michaels and Hart being that Hart doesn't need props....Well, that's kind of ridiculous.

(Note, that doesn't make him any nicer a guy, or TPWW's Kliq any less retarded, but let's be realistic)

IC Champion
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Trying to take anything away from Michaels in ring ability is just plain retareded.

Kane Knight
05-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Trying to take anything away from Michaels in ring ability is just plain retareded.

Do you think we're confusing the Kliq?

IC Champion
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Do you think we're confusing the Kliq?

Very much so.

DaveWadding
05-14-2009, 05:53 PM
So Michaels was better in basically every meaningful way to pro wrestling in the mainstream, keeping in mind the mainstream remembers Hogan, Rock and Austin and not Storm, Haas, and Noble.

Also, Michaels doesn't need the announce table or ring steps to make a memorable moment. I would go as far as to say that the vast majority of his best spots don't use props. Michaels can use them, but he's good with props and without them.

He also does a damn good job of selling an injury, and his kip ups don't take away from that.

I don't give a flying fuck if you like Michaels, prefer Hart, or whatever, but when you step into the realm of claiming some sort of difference between Michaels and Hart being that Hart doesn't need props....Well, that's kind of ridiculous.

(Note, that doesn't make him any nicer a guy, or TPWW's Kliq any less retarded, but let's be realistic)

STRAWMAN!!!!!!!!

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Rob
05-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I heard that Shawn Michaels refused to do a job to Santino Marella. Is this true?

#1-norm-fan
05-14-2009, 09:17 PM
You need to be someone a little more popular than Santino to hold a W over HBK.

Like... Santina

The MAC
05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Look, the point is Bret had had a more realistic style and an in ring psychology that madew him the BEST storyteller (and that is according to Vince who knows a little more about wrestling than you ..go on- argue that).

I never said michaels isnt great in the ring- he is but his immaturity and basic assholishness is hard to look over. Bret was the bigger man and put Shawn over clean after giving shawn an hour long match.

Viewers left in droves to wcw when HBK was champion. Shawn wanted to kill the careers of the rock and Austin. Lets not forget that.

...here's your belt..uh I'm gonna go home now :'(

The Mackem
05-15-2009, 09:41 AM
You have some nerve.

Kane Knight
05-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Look, the point is Bret had had a more realistic style and an in ring psychology that madew him the BEST storyteller (and that is according to Vince who knows a little more about wrestling than you ..go on- argue that).

I love how Vince is a great and knowledgeable source when he says something you agree with. But when it comes to every other element....You dismiss him.

I never said michaels isnt great in the ring

You merely contrasted what was good about Hart with Michaels in a way that sets up a direct correlation.

Vastardikai
05-16-2009, 11:42 AM

You do realize there is a contingent (myself included) that believe that the whole "Marines at the bar" thing was made up so Shawn could get out of jobbing to Dean Douglas, right?

Theo Dious
05-16-2009, 12:35 PM
You do realize there is a contingent (myself included) that believe that the whole "Marines at the bar" thing was made up so Shawn could get out of jobbing to Dean Douglas, right?

Yes, we know you'll believe anything that will make your own personal devil look bad.

Did you know that Michaels and Nash used to roast live kittens over campfired? They didn't even eat them, they were just doing it to get out of putting Bastion Booger over.

Pardeep 619
05-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Personally I'm not sure if he got beat up or not in a bar, but the whole thing about them being "Marines" when nobody had a clue who they were or what they did is ludicrous

Kane Knight
05-16-2009, 03:50 PM

Neither side of this argument is ever going to let reality intrude on their fantasy.

Rob
05-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Bret Hart = Fucking awesome legendary wrestler

Shawn Michaels - Fucking awesome legendary wrestler.

Yep, I see the arguement here.