PDA

View Full Version : Some RAW Observations (Spoilers)

dablackguy
05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I guess my first thought when The Brian Kendrick won was 'What the fuck?'. I was convinced he was going to be the Jobber du jour for RAW. I liked that they're teasing a feud between Carlito/ vs Kendrick and whomever. In a perfect world, you know who it'd be but we'll see where they go with it

I don't get the Cena angle. Yeah, I get that its Super Cena but I don't understand how one week we're told that he won't be "cleared" to wrestle until Backlash and then he's on RAW the next week. Also, my understanding is that he's still doing house shows despite the alledged injury angle. Huh??

This Santina thing needs to stop. Mainly, it was embarassing to sit there watching Cole and Lawler hysterical while every other face in the crowd behind them was unamused. There was one guy who got like a chuckle out of it and everyone else looked as if to say get this shit over with. Second, what I call Kenny Dykstra Snydrome. No matter what Kenny did after it, he was always going to be one of the male cheerleaders of the Spirit Squad. Same rule applies here, end this shit before he becomes that guy that dressed in drag and beat woman wrestlers.

The MVP/Kofi vs Regal/Hardy has some blown spots in it, but I like the idea here. Throw you midcard guys in the ring and see what they can do. I like MVP on RAW but I don't think he'll grow to be a ME guy there with all the top faces RAW has.

For all of you that hate Orton, a nod to you. If anyone caught him selling the ankle, then being fine for an attempted RKO and then selling the wrong ankle followed by selling the correct ankle, a point for you. I didn't catch it until the replay. It was awful.

Thoughts?

dronepool
05-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I noticed those flaws as well, the whole Cena angle doesn't make sense at all and Randy going back and forth with selling/unselling the leg injury was pretty badly done.

But meh, when I watch RAW I try to turn my brain off and let it just be mindless entertainment.

Xero
05-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I say to all the Cena haters who say he never sells: HE'S SOLD FOR THREE WEEKS STRAIGHT! Take THAT, 2009 society!

Theo Dious
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
http://www.roflcats.com/images/0054.jpg

Juan
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I think it's common knowledge that house shows don't count. So holding the fact that he's wrestled at them against him, is pointless.

Also, his match on Raw was hardly a match and he was still selling the "injures" throughout the "match"

Mr. Nerfect
05-13-2009, 02:40 AM
Yeah, while I'm not a big fan of Cena, this stuff makes sense. He's been showing up because he's "too stubborn and heroic" to listen to doctors, so Big Show has been working him over more and more to add "more drama" to their Judgment Day match. He wasn't allowed to compete on RAW, but Chavo Guerrero is playing a little shit-stirrer (which I think is the RAW writing team's attempt to do something with him), and suggested that John Cena prove that he be ready to wrestle in time for Judgment Day by going out there and showing his stuff tonight in just a run through to make sure he can do shit.

I haven't seen the segment yet, but all the reports I've seen about the Santina Marella segments (in the back, anyway) have made them sound hilarious. I also heard that the fans were into Santina big time. Maybe I read a false report, but if the fans are into it, I ask why stop it?

The only problem I have with the mid-card program, is that Matt Hardy should be above that right now. MVP and William Regal could have a very simple mid-card program. The Miz also continues to be awesome, and could be inserted into the mid-card very easily.

Dave Youell
05-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Also, Dolph Ziggler would like to talk to you about your theory regarding Kenny Dykstra syndrome. As NICKY! Is doing just fine after his male cheerleader bit

The Optimist
05-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah, just fine. That's what you call it.

Anybody Thrilla
05-13-2009, 02:30 PM
The crowd was hot for Santina.

addy2hotty
05-13-2009, 02:36 PM
The Miz is pretty much the only entertaining bit of Raw at the moment.

Speaks volumes.

Y2Ant
05-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah you kinda conveniently forgot to mention how the crowd were chanting "Santina" at one point...

GD
05-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Somehow Super Cena overcomes all the odds and the will to win drives him to compete in after Raw dark matches.

Kane Knight
05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Somehow Super Cena overcomes all the odds and the will to win drives him to compete in after Raw dark matches.

A major plot hole, since all dark matches are canon.

Xero
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.roflcats.com/images/0054.jpg

Serious cat is serious.

#1-norm-fan
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
The reasons why Santino won't fall to what you call "Kenny Dykstra Syndrome"...

A) Santino has more charisma, acting ability, and comic timing in his pinky finger than Kenny ever portrayed.

B) This Santina gimmick is just fine. Even if he does get cast as the guy who dressed as a woman for a while, he has the ability to just roll with it while Kenny, again, does not.

C) Let's face it, whether you liked Kenny or not personally, the reason he didn't get over wasn't because he was going to always be looked at as one of the members of the Spirit Squad. It was because the company simply didn't want to push him any more and eventually just dropped him. I for one completely had forgotten about him being a male cheerleader pretty quickly. It did not hinder him.

Johnny Vegas
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
RAW has some pretty sweet talent for a great show. Legacy is there, Batista is there, HHH will be coming back (take your time, H), Cena is there, Big Show can make things interesting in the ME. MVP is on RAW, can have a GREAT fued with Regal if they play it right, Kofi is there and can add energy, TBK is there, THE MIZ has been stepping up his stock (which if you think about it, The Miz and The Brian Kendrick already have their names in 3rd person..so why not have them tag, or help each other. This is why i wish the WWE would have a TV title..this would be GREAT for either two). There are more people on the roster but i'm just saying.

If you think about the Roster for all three shows, imagine if they only brought it to two shows...the roster would be STACKED and would make for better TV imo. That way it won't seem like people who are IC champs are just IC champs because they get a little bigger of a pop than the next guy. It used to be where you were IC/WHC/WWE/Tag Team champ for a REASON...not knocking current champs.

XL
05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
A 2 show system would be good as ECW could easily assimilate with Raw/SmackDown (I would have thought anyway).

However, word is that Vince is looking to add another show rather than take one off. That would be every week night + a PPV on a Sunday!?

St. Jimmy
05-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Took a piss during this. Divas shit was more interesting than this shit.

Mr. Nerfect
05-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Marks probably believe that Santino Marella and Santina Marella are actually two different people.