PDA

View Full Version : What do you think TBK?

Rollermacka
05-12-2009, 10:18 PM
So with the split of The Brian Kendrick and Eziekiel Jackson, what do you think about just TBK alone from this past week on RAW?

The Chris Rosa
05-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I still mark like a school girl.

Xero
05-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Fairycakes.

Juan
05-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't think TBK is logged on right now

The Optimist
05-12-2009, 11:33 PM
It's still good.

Mr. Nerfect
05-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I like The Brian Kendrick. I'm a bit disappointed he fucked up, because his character started off as something truly interesting and set to skyrocket to the top -- but now it's a bit more two-dimensional.

I get the feeling we could be seeing him team up with The Miz.

Sixx
05-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Liked him with Paul London. Now meh.

St. Jimmy
05-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Future Endeavors.

Mr. Nerfect
05-12-2009, 11:59 PM
The dude would seriously be Mr. Money in the Bank right now if he had got off the pot.

Mr. Nerfect
05-13-2009, 02:30 AM
I just watched RAW, and I have to say I feel pretty good about The Brian Kendrick. He got himself some new tights, a new ring jacket, and picked up a non-title win over a champion. He may not be completely on the WWE's good side again, but they seem at least intent on keeping him around and using him to some degree.

My guess is that his tag team run is going to be some "due paying time" before he moves upwards again, possibly into a US Title reign. By Money in the Bank time next year, the WWE might be ready to use him again.

GD
05-13-2009, 05:22 AM
His matches need to be longer.

Impeccable
05-13-2009, 07:21 AM
His matches need to be longer.

Agreed.

However, all matches with exception to Main Events and womens could do with being longer. I miss ring psychology and guys really telling a story. Yes, I understand in this day and age they need to keep viewing figures up with skits and promos, but I really miss 20 minute tag matches!

Impeccable
05-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Back on topic though...I like watching him...kinda got that loose cannon thing going on

GD
05-13-2009, 07:40 AM
I wish the WWE would give some time to enhance the characters of new wrestlers who are popular in the IWC.

Impeccable
05-13-2009, 09:00 AM
I wish the WWE would give some time to enhance the characters of new wrestlers who are popular in the IWC.

I won't explain the reasons why or even post a sarcastic comment. I will just say that it is never ever going to happen.

Dave Youell
05-13-2009, 10:46 AM
I love the fact that he’s not your typical heel.

He’s much smaller that any other heel, but uses his brain etc to get over, sells very well and logically also.

I love the little querks he has, like when he was blowing kisses out of the mic etc and that he is basically unique. When he first came out he got hardly any reaction, but the time he cut his promo at the end his heat had increased ten fold.

I like the idea of him teaming with Miz, that would be a good fit.

Exyle
05-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I like the idea of him teaming with Miz, that would be a good fit.

That would be a good fit, but I have the worst feeling that they're going to do something where TBK takes control of Festus, and names him the tag team partner to face the Colons.

The Fonz
05-13-2009, 07:09 PM
That would be a good fit, but I have the worst feeling that they're going to do something where TBK takes control of Festus, and names him the tag team partner to face the Colons.

That would be cool, call him The Festus.

I was thinking Miz, but that would be taking a step back with his Cena "feud".

Johnny Vegas
05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Championssssss

XL
05-13-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't like the pairing of Miz and TBK. To me it seems like they just took 2 guys known for Tag wrestling, split them from their partners and thre them together as a team.

I'd like to see how far Miz could go on his own for a while and I've always been a fan of the The Brian Kendrick gimmick so I'd like him to be pushed in that role a little more before defaulting back to a tag team.

Triple Naitch
05-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Championssssss

That was probably my favorite part of RAW last week.

Johnny Vegas
05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Probably the greatest thing said on US soil in the past week

Afterlife
05-14-2009, 03:09 AM
I just watched RAW, and I have to say I feel pretty good about The Brian Kendrick. He got himself some new tights, a new ring jacket, and picked up a non-title win over a champion. He may not be completely on the WWE's good side again, but they seem at least intent on keeping him around and using him to some degree.

My guess is that his tag team run is going to be some "due paying time" before he moves upwards again, possibly into a US Title reign. By Money in the Bank time next year, the WWE might be ready to use him again.

My thoughts, exactly. This seems to be his "second chance", as it were.

Actually, that sounds pretty cool. Much better than Miz.

I don't like the pairing of Miz and TBK. To me it seems like they just took 2 guys known for Tag wrestling, split them from their partners and thre them together as a team.

EXACTLY! It would not opnly be lazy, it would be absolutely forced.

Exyle
05-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Actually, that sounds pretty cool. Much better than Miz.

In retrospect it is a better choice. Miz doesn't need it--that's for sure. I think my initial cynicism comes from wanting TBK to get a solo push, but with Raw as stacked as it is, we should be thankful that he's getting TV time.

That's a sad but true moment. We shouldn't feel obliged to appreciate solid talent barely getting on television. Yeah. Off on a little tangent there.

Anyway, it would benefit Festus more than Kendrick.

Rollermacka
05-14-2009, 01:20 PM
In retrospect it is a better choice. Miz doesn't need it--that's for sure. I think my initial cynicism comes from wanting TBK to get a solo push, but with Raw as stacked as it is, we should be thankful that he's getting TV time.

That's a sad but true moment. We shouldn't feel obliged to appreciate solid talent barely getting on television. Yeah. Off on a little tangent there.

Anyway, it would benefit Festus more than Kendrick.

Well, how would you see them teamed together? Would it be bell ringing Festus from the "Jesse and Festus" days, could they make it a "training a beast" kinda gimmick where TBK tries to teach Festus how to dress and look cool? Or maybe they could just repackage Festus in all, as just a generic big contry guy teaming with TBK?

Exyle
05-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Well, how would you see them teamed together? Would it be bell ringing Festus from the "Jesse and Festus" days, could they make it a "training a beast" kinda gimmick where TBK tries to teach Festus how to dress and look cool? Or maybe they could just repackage Festus in all, as just a generic big contry guy teaming with TBK?

I figure TBK will heel it up and use his wits to figure out how to control Festus. Maybe he carries around a bell in his pocket or something. That'd be pretty sweet. Essentially it would be TBK "taking advantage of poor, helpless Festus" and using him for his own gains.

Mr. Nerfect
05-15-2009, 08:20 AM
I was just thinking that I could see Chavo Guerrero as The Brian Kendrick's tag team partner. I mean, if I were thinking like The Kendrick, teaming with the nephew of the General Manager of the show you are competing on, and using the political power he has would make logical sense.

Maybe Kendrick could start calling him "The Guerrero."

Mr. Nerfect
05-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Also, Kendrick rules on the mic. "Championsssssssssssss," was just fantastic. Added so much character to everything.

Afterlife
05-15-2009, 12:45 PM

The Colons are in the ring.

TBK walks Festus to the ring.

One Colon steps out of the ring.

TBK slaps the shit out of Festus then aims him toward the Colons' corner.

The bell rings, Festus is pissed and clobbers the legal opponent because it's the first thing he sees.

Pin.

Victory.

Bell rings.

TBK is a genius.

Mr. Nerfect
05-17-2009, 09:22 AM
I heard a suggestion that somewhere that The Brian Kendrick could team with Mr. Kennedy. It'd be a way to get Kennedy back without giving him a too crucial role, just to see how he does health-wise, and it can be a test run for each man as the WWE puts some faith back into them.

I'd love to see a version of Get Well Soon with Mr. Kennedy doing the Mic Check, and Kendrick superkicking the opponent in the back of the head.

Afterlife
05-26-2009, 05:06 AM
Well, it's not Festus. Now what?

Krimzon7
05-26-2009, 09:45 AM
I like the Idea of THE Brian Kennedy!!! This would be great as two assholes get to work their magic.

The Gold Standard
05-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I use to like him, but I find myself not caring about his character anymore. After the scramble, he just went downhill

Supreme Olajuwon
05-26-2009, 01:55 PM
If Kendrick keeps getting one upped that leads me to believe his final partner will actually be someone of note. However, looking at Raw's roster I don't see anyone that could possibly be. Unless it's, you know... (http://www.freewebs.com/hbkhomebase/hbk800.jpg) :shifty:

Nicky Fives
05-27-2009, 10:25 AM
He needs a big man tag team partner (similar to Tyson Kidd's DH Smith) to make him plausible as a heel..... he can be a perfect little scrawny guy who talks shit and lets his big tag partner do most of the fighting..... Big Zeke was decent as a bodyguard type, but not solid enough in the ring..... I think they need to pair him with a big guy (the 6'6'' 270 neighborhood) from developmental (whoever it may be) to be his partner.