PDA

View Full Version : Shortest Match in any wrestling game?

Shaggy
03-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Alright I got this idea from the Longest match thread. Hope you dont mind that I used your idea for this one. Well What is the shortest match you have had in a wrestling game. It can be any wrestling game around. And it has to be a match that you won.

Mine was in WWF Wrestlemania 2000 for N64. I was Jeff Hardy and I dont remember who my opponent was but all I did was once the bell rang I ran to a corner and jumped off. Jeff's move off the top in that game is the swanton and I did it right on my opponent while he was standing and it said knockout. I couldnt belive it. The match was like a whole 4 seconds long.

Hired Hitman
03-30-2004, 08:31 PM
30 Seconds (roughly) just a random hardcore match, I beat them with the sledge hammer in the parking lot and got the cover after a few hits... made him look like a punk.

Joe Kerr
03-30-2004, 08:37 PM
10 secs...roughly but it was DQ

Funky Fly
03-30-2004, 08:40 PM
WCW/nWo: Revenge for N64

I was DDP in a falls count anywhere battle royale. La Parka runs out, and I've still got a special from makking the Giant job, so he gets in the ring and BANG! Diamond Cutter for the 3. Took about 5 seconds.

loopydate
03-30-2004, 09:05 PM
I've won several Tables Matches in under ten seconds.

The quickest one was probably about five or six.

Tony Montana
03-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Hmm, on SmackDown someone told me a cheat where in career mode you bring a table into the ring in normal singles matches and set it up in the corner of the ring then just stand in front of it until the cpu throws you through it, getting disqualified in the process. I done this once within 10-15 seconds of the start of the match.

Joe Kerr
03-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Hmm, on SmackDown someone told me a cheat where in career mode you bring a table into the ring in normal singles matches and set it up in the corner of the ring then just stand in front of it until the cpu throws you through it, getting disqualified in the process. I done this once within 10-15 seconds of the start of the match.
yeah ive done that when i dont want to do the match nor do i want to forfeit

ilt_undertaker
03-30-2004, 10:17 PM
<font color=Silver>20 seconds, HHH/Flair v. Dudleys. HHH and Bubba Ray start. They walk around a few times, HHH kicks Bubba, Pedigree, then the pin. I did a rematch, and the same thing happened, except the match lasted 1:30

BTW I was Flair

Also, the game was HCTP</font>

Bazooka
03-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Alright I got this idea from the Longest match thread. Hope you dont mind that I used your idea for this one. Well What is the shortest match you have had in a wrestling game. It can be any wrestling game around. And it has to be a match that you won.

Mine was in WWF Wrestlemania 2000 for N64. I was Jeff Hardy and I dont remember who my opponent was but all I did was once the bell rang I ran to a corner and jumped off. Jeff's move off the top in that game is the swanton and I did it right on my opponent while he was standing and it said knockout. I couldnt belive it. The match was like a whole 4 seconds long.
Was this Slobber Knocker? It's easy to KO an opponent then

Evil Vito
03-30-2004, 11:05 PM
<font color=goldenrod>In a HCTP Royal Rumble, I was Jericho. I don't remember who I was in the ring with but we were fighting. Then as the buzzer sounded I hit him with an impact move and the opponent was laid out near the turnbuckle. I climbed the turnbuckle as Eddie Guerrero entered. Eddie got in and immediately ran towards the guy that was down near the turnbuckle and as he's running over I switch my focus to him and leap off with a missile dropkick, but Eddie was bouncing off the ropes as I connected, and so my move sent Eddie right over the top to the floor, eliminating him after about 3 seconds.</font>

Champion of Europa
03-30-2004, 11:16 PM
My shortest match was in Smackdown: SYM.

I was Undertaker and I was fighting Jeff Hardy. I ran at him with a clothesline, and he got up, I clotheslined him again for 3.

Shaggy
03-30-2004, 11:23 PM

I didnt know that :rant: and I wasted all that time on those people. Time for me to go play Smackdown.

Boondock Saint
03-31-2004, 12:36 AM

Yeah, that's what I do sometimes when I'm in some random match against someone like Rhyno when I'm in some high profile feud.

But lately I haven't been able to do that for some reason. And whenever I am in the handicap match against Vince and two others, I try that but it NEVER works. I always get my ass kicked. Anyone ever won that handicap match?

road doggy dogg
03-31-2004, 01:14 AM
Mine was 3 seconds. I was playing No Mercy against... I don't know who, doesn't really matter in hindsight. Anyways, remember how in that one WCW game if you held the analog stick while you pinned, and it guaranteed victory? And how they fixed that in No Mercy, so holding the stick actually made it so you yourself get pinned faster? (or something like that, I forget the details)

Anywho, long story short. Beginning of the match, guy uses a Small Package on me, I hold analog stick, he pins me.

I never said I won the match, just that it was short :rant:

Vega
03-31-2004, 02:37 AM
in WCW/nWo original I had unlocked the boxer, and as him pinned my opponent in about 11 seconds.

JJ Moore
03-31-2004, 05:50 PM
WCW/nWo: Revenge for N64

9 Seconds, i was bischoff, ran towards my opponent and after like 10 blows to the head it was a knockout. :kiss:

Ninti the Mad
03-31-2004, 06:04 PM
I beat the CPU in about 47 seconds by doing regular moves and then knocking him out with a special.

No DQ BS or anything. Straight up fight.

Ninti the Mad
03-31-2004, 06:04 PM
*No Mercy

Funky Fly
03-31-2004, 06:48 PM
I beat the CPU in about 47 seconds by doing regular moves and then knocking him out with a special.

No DQ BS or anything. Straight up fight.
Yeah, those matches are the man.All the mid card CPU wrestlers fight the same way in that game, so it gets really easy after a while.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-31-2004, 06:58 PM
In Revenge I was Goldberg against Hogan and when the bell rang I ran up and speared him and put him in a leg lock and he tapped really quick

like 4 seconds or somethinh

SuperSlim
04-01-2004, 10:28 AM
4 or 3 seconds on HCTP: Smackdown level. bell rang, ran and did kick, pinned, 1,2,3, match over.

Disturbed316
04-01-2004, 10:55 AM
I made Stevie Richards job in about 5 seconds after a Test Big Boot in HCTP

Cactus Sid
04-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Beat Scott Steiner in 4 Seconds on HCTP as my CAW by doing a running superkick and then pinning him, Vince was the special guest ref, but counted it fairly

asphyXy
04-01-2004, 01:39 PM
<font color=969696>WWF Raw for Genesis. The three punch cheat.</font>

Funky Fly
04-01-2004, 02:03 PM
<font color=969696>WWF Raw for Genesis. The three punch cheat.</font>
It's 2 punches in WWF Raw for SNES. :cool:

Sickboy
04-03-2004, 05:50 PM
8 secs in WWF Smackdown, my caw against X-Pac. All I did was a running Clothesline and a Tiger Suplex Pin to defeat X-Pac.

ColdwaVer
04-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Ok I just pulled off a good one in HCTP

World Title Ladder Match, me vs HHH. I go for a clothesline, HHH avoids, I kick him over the top rope, he grabs the ladder and throws it in, I pick it up and smack him with it as he reenters, knocking him back out, I climb the ladder and grab the belt.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Hired Hitman
05-01-2004, 01:24 AM
haha, have that triple H.

I did that wwe raw cheat on zsnes, that was fun :D won the oturnament in like 3-5 minutes

Imagi-Nation
05-02-2004, 03:10 AM
In Revenge I was Goldberg against Hogan and when the bell rang I ran up and speared him and put him in a leg lock and he tapped really quick

like 4 seconds or somethinh

YES!!!
I did this all the time and my friends banned me from using Goldberg because I was unbeatable hahaha

Nacho Man
05-02-2004, 09:47 AM
In Smackdown three, playing as Kurt Angle, bell rings, run to opponent, then down and O, for a roll up, match timed at 4 seconds.

The Ravishing One
05-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Few seconds, in the table match on Wrestelmania XlX my brother lost after accidentally jumping through it.

Nowhere Man
05-03-2004, 02:36 AM
<font color=Silver>20 seconds, HHH/Flair v. Dudleys. HHH and Bubba Ray start. They walk around a few times, HHH kicks Bubba, Pedigree, then the pin. I did a rematch, and the same thing happened, except the match lasted 1:30

BTW I was Flair

Also, the game was HCTP</font>

The realism in the new games is astounding.

BTW, my shortest match? 7 seconds. HCTP, Special referee match, Rey Mysterio vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title, w/Vince McMahon as the special referee. First thing I did was a standard Hurricanrana. But apparently, there's something weird with special referee matches where the AI computer doesn't kick out, so I pinned him right then and there. And to think, I was playing as Rey on Smackdown Difficulty, in order to lose the match (I wanted Brock to retain, but Rey had more SP) Oops!

toxic rooster
05-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Mine was 4 seconds. SYM-Benoit against Rhyno, I was Benoit-Vince special referee.

Clothesline, he's on the mat.

I meant to pick him up but accidentally pinned him :cool:

Vince counted the 3 and stuff.

CSL
05-03-2004, 12:08 PM
<font color=white>A few table matches been done quickly on the SmackDown games.

Fastest pinfall was on SmackDown 1 or 2. Beat Triple H with a Tiger Suplex. That move used to be devastating on the SmackDowns</font>

Fryza
05-03-2004, 01:17 PM
On SmackDown 2 against Road Dogg, my Raven CAW DDT'd him, and there was a KO. It was five seconds. I guess that's what drugs do to you. :-\..

AareDub
05-03-2004, 03:03 PM
First blood matches in WM2000 were really short. There was one punch that you could do (can't remember the name) that would make them bleed about 99% of the time. I won several matches in only a few seconds that way.

Funky Fly
05-03-2004, 09:53 PM
First blood matches in WM2000 were really short. There was one punch that you could do (can't remember the name) that would make them bleed about 99% of the time. I won several matches in only a few seconds that way.
Yeah. They last forever in No Mercy though. 40 minute match in single player mode against Test = :n:

The Icon of Elisim
05-03-2004, 11:46 PM
2 seconds in Wrestlemania 2000 for N64

Essa Rios spinning heel kick to the Godfather in a first blood match