PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown Taping Results (05/22) *Spoilers*

Juan
05-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Dark Match
* Sheamus b. Jimmy Wang Yang
- Sheamus drew a lot of heel heat. Crowd was behind Jimmy Wang Yang.

SmackDown (Airing Friday)
* A recap of Judgment Day is shown. The opening pyro hits.

* Edge is out first. He cuts a promo saying that there is no more debate, he is the face of SmackDown. He criticizes Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, & CM Punk for their loses at Judgment Day. The fans are cheering hard for Hardy to come out. Teddy Long comes out to the ring. He announces that Edge will take on Jeff Hardy in a rematch at Extreme Rules. Jeff Hardy comes out to the ring. He asks the crowd want to see that match tonight. Jeff will take on Edge tonight and the winner will pick the stipulation for their match at Extreme Rules.

* Ricky Ortiz cuts a heel promo dogging Cincinnati for their sports teams.

* Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, & Ricky Ortiz b. Cryme Tyme & John Morrison
- The World's Greatest Tag Team start the match off working on JTG's shoulder. JTG finally tags out to Morrison. Everyone gets in the ring and begins fighting. The referee separates everyone and Morrison hits Starship Pain on Charlie Haas for the win.

* Melina is backstage with Josh Mathews. She talks about the number one contender match between Michelle McCool and Gail Kim. She says she ran through Raw and now it's time to see what SmackDown has. Alicia Fox comes in and says that McCool says to warm the titel up for her. Melina smacks her.

* Michelle McCool w/ Alicia Fox b. Gail Kim to become the #1 Contender.
- Quick match. Fox tries to get involved but Gail hits her face on the ring post. McCool connects with a Styles Clash for the win.

* Rey Mysterio is shown getting ready for an interview.

* A preview for next week's Raw is shown; Ric Flair calling out Randy Orton.

* Rey Mysterio is interviewed backstage. He says that he's moving on from Jericho to give some of the young guys a chance. He wants to bring back some honor to the title. He then talks about past Intercontinental Champions, wanting to become the greatest, the history of the mask, and more.

* CM Punk b. Chris Jericho
- Before Punk comes out, a recap from WWE Superstars is shown. Jericho plays the crowd up and takes control of the match. Jericho & Punk continue to go back and forth both connecting with their finishers. Umaga comes out of the crowd and attacks CM Punk. He gets on the mic (yes,in English) and challenges Punk to a "Samoan Strap" match at Extreme Rules.

* Ricky Ortiz & Maria are shown backstage talking. He says he is going to rally up. Jeff Hardy walks by and Maria ditches Ortiz. She tells him he did a good job at Judgment Day. They then talk about Extreme Rules. Hardy leaves and Ortiz tells Maria she is looking for love in all the wrong places. He tells her to "keep your head up and rally up" then gives her his rally towel.

* A SmackDown rewind of the Dolph Ziggler/Great Khali feud is shown.

* Dolph Ziggler b. R-Truth
- Ziggler gets the win with his finisher after R-Truth dominates the majority of the match. After the match Khali comes out and chases Dolph back into the ring where Truth hits him with a spinning elbow.

* A replay of the Eve & Layla feud is shown. Eve vs. Layla is announced for next week.

* Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio in a No Holds Barred match is announced for Extreme Rules.

* Jeff Hardy b. Edge
- Jeff Hardy comes out to a huge pop. Edge dominates early on and draws a ton of heat. Hardy is down on the outside. The crowd is trying to "bring him back" but Edge does the duty instead. Hardy gains control and hits Whisper in the Wind for a two-count. Jeff Hardy then misses two Twist of Fates but eventually hits a third for the win via pinfall.

Todd Grisham asks Hardy what the stipulation at Extreme Rules will be and he says a "Ladder Match." This ends this week's SmackDown.

Impeccable
05-20-2009, 04:50 AM
So, is Extreme Rules going to be called "Extreme Rules:We Can't be Bothered to Book Another PPV From Scratch"?

James Steele
05-20-2009, 05:02 AM
WWE EXTREME RULES: Kinda Like Backlash...Only For Judgment Day

Impeccable
05-20-2009, 05:12 AM
^^^^Awesome avvy...rep

James Steele
05-20-2009, 05:13 AM
Thank you.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Sounds like this show has got some solid action. Some of the matches do seem kind of lazy, though.

Evil Vito
05-20-2009, 10:50 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I would seriously feel so ripped off if I actually paid for Judgment Day. 5 matches announced for Extreme Rules and they are all the fucking same as Judgment Day but with gimmicks.

Gotta see Umaga speak English.

I wonder if Ricky Ortiz can get over in his motivational speaker role. He certainly won't be as good as DDP was in it, but I can see him making it work in a "I want to punch this guy in the face" kind of way.</font>

DAMN iNATOR
05-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Dark Match
* Sheamus b. Jimmy Wang Yang
- Sheamus drew a lot of heel heat. Crowd was behind Jimmy Wang Yang.

SmackDown (Airing Friday)
* A recap of Judgment Day is shown. The opening pyro hits.

* Edge is out first. He cuts a promo saying that there is no more debate, he is the face of SmackDown. He criticizes Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, & CM Punk for their loses at Judgment Day. The fans are cheering hard for Hardy to come out. Teddy Long comes out to the ring. He announces that Edge will take on Jeff Hardy in a rematch at Extreme Rules. Jeff Hardy comes out to the ring. He asks the crowd want to see that match tonight. Jeff will take on Edge tonight and the winner will pick the stipulation for their match at Extreme Rules.

* Ricky Ortiz cuts a heel promo dogging Cincinnati for their sports teams.

* Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, & Ricky Ortiz b. Cryme Tyme & John Morrison
- The World's Greatest Tag Team start the match off working on JTG's shoulder. JTG finally tags out to Morrison. Everyone gets in the ring and begins fighting. The referee separates everyone and Morrison hits Starship Pain on Charlie Haas for the win.

* Melina is backstage with Josh Mathews. She talks about the number one contender match between Michelle McCool and Gail Kim. She says she ran through Raw and now it's time to see what SmackDown has. Alicia Fox comes in and says that McCool says to warm the titel up for her. Melina smacks her.

* Michelle McCool w/ Alicia Fox b. Gail Kim to become the #1 Contender.
- Quick match. Fox tries to get involved but Gail hits her face on the ring post. McCool connects with a Styles Clash for the win.

* Rey Mysterio is shown getting ready for an interview.

* A preview for next week's Raw is shown; Ric Flair calling out Randy Orton.

* Rey Mysterio is interviewed backstage. He says that he's moving on from Jericho to give some of the young guys a chance. He wants to bring back some honor to the title. He then talks about past Intercontinental Champions, wanting to become the greatest, the history of the mask, and more.

* CM Punk b. Chris Jericho
- Before Punk comes out, a recap from WWE Superstars is shown. Jericho plays the crowd up and takes control of the match. Jericho & Punk continue to go back and forth both connecting with their finishers. Umaga comes out of the crowd and attacks CM Punk. He gets on the mic (yes,in English) and challenges Punk to a "Samoan Strap" match at Extreme Rules.

* Ricky Ortiz & Maria are shown backstage talking. He says he is going to rally up. Jeff Hardy walks by and Maria ditches Ortiz. She tells him he did a good job at Judgment Day. They then talk about Extreme Rules. Hardy leaves and Ortiz tells Maria she is looking for love in all the wrong places. He tells her to "keep your head up and rally up" then gives her his rally towel.

* A SmackDown rewind of the Dolph Ziggler/Great Khali feud is shown.

* Dolph Ziggler b. R-Truth
- Ziggler gets the win with his finisher after R-Truth dominates the majority of the match. After the match Khali comes out and chases Dolph back into the ring where Truth hits him with a spinning elbow.

* A replay of the Eve & Layla feud is shown. Eve vs. Layla is announced for next week.

* Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio in a No Holds Barred match is announced for Extreme Rules.

* Jeff Hardy b. Edge
- Jeff Hardy comes out to a huge pop. Edge dominates early on and draws a ton of heat. Hardy is down on the outside. The crowd is trying to "bring him back" but Edge does the duty instead. Hardy gains control and hits Whisper in the Wind for a two-count. Jeff Hardy then misses two Twist of Fates but eventually hits a third for the win via pinfall.

Todd Grisham asks Hardy what the stipulation at Extreme Rules will be and he says a "Ladder Match." This ends this week's SmackDown.

:wtf: @ the part emphasized in bold?:?:

Mr. Nerfect
05-21-2009, 01:55 AM
They obviously just got muddled up and put the heels as going over. I like Ricky Ortiz more than most, so I hope he succeeds.

KYR
05-21-2009, 02:35 AM
So, (sorry Tedious) I'm guessing that Edge v Hardy at Extreme Rules will leave Edge so beaten up after the match (which he will win) that Punk will cash in his MITB?

James Steele
05-21-2009, 03:02 AM
I'd like them to slow-burn the MITB like they did with Edge. Remember, Edge didn't cash in until freaking January.

Impeccable
05-21-2009, 04:13 AM
Yeah, I'd like them have the tease, like they have been doing with Umaga...Punk comes out...gonna cash it in and then something happens to stop it.

When he does eventually cash in, somebody (Jericho/Jeff Hardy) should run the ring and cost him the match or something, leading to a huge feud.

Volare
05-21-2009, 07:47 AM
<font color=goldenrod>
I wonder if Ricky Ortiz can get over in his motivational speaker role. He certainly won't be as good as DDP was in it, but I can see him making it work in a "I want to punch this guy in the face" kind of way.</font>

Yo, it's me, it's me, it's Ricky-O-tiz!

redoneja
05-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Wait, so Mysterio cuts a promo saying that he's moving on from Jericho and wants to give the young guys a chance.....and then a match is made for the next PPV between Jericho and Mysterio?

James Steele
05-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Jericho won't move on.

XL
05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
When he does eventually cash in, somebody (Jericho/Jeff Hardy) should run the ring and cost him the match or something, leading to a huge feud.
I like this.

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I wonder which young guy will take the IC Title from Rey Mysterio? I'm thinking Dolph Ziggler seems pretty set-up to win it, but even though he's not young, I'd love to see Charlie Haas as IC Champion.

Theo Dious
05-22-2009, 12:26 AM
So, (sorry Tedious) I'm guessing that Edge v Hardy at Extreme Rules will leave Edge so beaten up after the match (which he will win) that Punk will cash in his MITB?

GOD WOULD YOU PEOPLE SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!11

KYR
05-22-2009, 12:26 AM
:rofl:

KYR
05-22-2009, 12:27 AM
http://www.tarponcancun.com/imagenes/fotos/deep-drop-fishing-2lg.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2009, 01:21 AM
PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS!

Evil Vito
05-22-2009, 01:50 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I was watching SD on YouTube...seems like they edited out Ortiz' promo against Cincinnati as well as the backstage segment with Maria in order to make room for extra hype for the Raw/LA/Nuggets thing. :o

Yet all throughout his match the announcers put him over as a "motivational speaker nobody wants to hear", kinda hope at least one of those vignettes goes up on WWE.com or something.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Yeah, SmackDown! was pretty sweet. Didn't get to watch all of it, but the Punk/Jericho match was great. One thing that is annoying me slightly, is how they constantly have John Morrison team up with guys he's been in heated rivalries with, without a single mention of them. I get that he's a face now, but is it so hard to just throw in a line about John Morrison not asking to team with Cryme Tyme, but seeing as he is on their team, is going to do what he can to keep racking up the wins? But holy fuck, I am loving Starship Pain being John Morrison's finisher now.

Edge is pretty awesome. His promo was very predictable at some stages, but when he said he dug into the "millions of moves I have mastered over the year" and busted out his "Top Rope Edgecution," I marked out a little inside. It's not a superplex, JR.

Volare
05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Edge - Rocked on his promo
Morrison - Rocked in his match (minus a couple botches...like the "tag" he made) and Charlie Haas looks alot better too.
Punk/Jericho - Great match all around
Edge/Hardy - Edge is a monster heel, and plays it to a T.

Smackdown is just kicking ass, no doubt about it.

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2009, 12:05 AM
I really like Charlie Haas. He's getting up there is age, and the WWE just completely dropped the gimmick that was really helping him connect to audiences, but I just really like watching him work.

I hope the dude wins the IC Title, or something.