PDA

View Full Version : Owen Hart Tribute

taker707
05-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Its been almost 10 years to the day that the tragic day happened . Owen deserves to be in the HOF no doubt . I know Martha will never let this happen . but i really wish she would . Owen you are truly missed .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Mbt9JWDwR4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Mbt9JWDwR4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

please no kliq vs Bret comments . let this be a true tribute to a great wrestler and even greater man

Juan
05-20-2009, 06:05 AM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcPff8NCAPw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcPff8NCAPw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Theo Dious
05-20-2009, 08:15 AM
If I had to watch a Hart wrestle, it would be him. Owen vs HHH was fucking awesome.

James Steele
05-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Owen was amazing wrestler, and according to everyone who actually knew him, he was an amazing person too.

Zeeboe
05-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Owen Hart has always been one of my favorite wrestlers. I'm a younger sibling too, and I was always able to relate to Owen's character's rage and jealously of Bret's character back in the mid-90's because I always felt that I never received as much love, recognition, and attention from some of my family members that my older sister did. For years, I always felt like I was in her shadow, and hated that I was always just known as just being her little brother.

When Owen turned heel at the 1993 Survivor Series, I took his side. Please don't hold that against me. That was the very first time I ever sided with a "villain" in wrestling, and also the only time in history that I didn't side with Bret in a feud. It wasn't that I disliked Bret's character either, and I never booed him. I just really wanted to see Owen do well was all. I felt that Owen was a hero to all the younger siblings out there, and he was a true hero to me.

I liked Owen so much that for the first few years when I was on the internet, I took the name "Rocket" as my handle. I also remember drawing a picture of Owen, and sending it to the WWF magazine in hopes of it getting printed. I even wrote Owen a few fan letters via the WWF magazine, and I once wrote to the WWF, demanding they give Owen a world title shot. I was lucky enough to have access to two VCR's way back when, and I remember I went and made my very own "Best of Owen" tape back around 1994-1995. In 1996, I had a dream that I met Owen out in like the South Pole or something for some odd reason, and I remember him being really, really kind to me. He gave me his autograph, and took a picture with me. I was pretty upset when I found out it was only a dream. I never got the honor of meeting him in real life, but I was glad to have at least dreamed I did. I remember in 1997, I went to this photo place where they can put your face on another person's body, and they had a picture of Owen putting Shawn Michaels in the sharpshooter, so I picked that picture so I could really be like Owen which is the close's I ever got to be being like him I think.

When Bret and Owen's feud ended at the end of 1994, I went right back to blindly supporting the both of them and taking their side whenever they feuded with another wrestler, and happy that I didn't have to choose between them anymore. and I was really happy when the characters reunited in 1997 which had been a dream of mine for years. I had chill bumps when they both embraced on Raw, and felt like crying too. I had been following the feud from the start. My parents ordered SS 93' on PPV for me to watch, so I was there from the birth of it. The feud felt very real to me too because I think all Owen's character wanted was respect, and that was all I have ever wanted from my family as well, so when I saw Owen finally get what he wanted, it was a powerful moment. I think Owen's character felt guilty for all he said and did to Bret's character, but he did what he had to do to break away from the Hitman's shadow, and I too felt guilty for not supporting the Hitman character during the feud, but I couldn't bring myself to boo Owen because I thought he was right, and did what was needed to do in order to become his own man, and not just be known as the little brother to the Hitman, and until the feud began and he was a babyface, the WWF always seemed to make reference to the fact that he was Bret Hart's brother, but as soon as he became a heel, he finally became just Owen, and only Owen. For years, I really wanted the Owen character and Bret character to make peace, so it was a huge mark-out moment for me when they finally did.

Like I posted before on here, I had the privilege of seeing the Hart brothers wrestling together as a tag team when the WWF came to Austin, Texas for a house show, and I consider it a great honor to have seen the Hart boys working together, doing what they loved as a family, not too far away from where I was standing.

I remember in 1997, I was being a typical 14-year old, and being this big rebel by having really long hair. Well, I wanted to be a Hart Foundation fan that the Hart Foundation could be proud of by not having long, Shawn Michaels kinda hair. So I went out, and got a crew cut right right after I saw Owen's new hairstyle in 97'. I wanted to look like Owen, and I was very happy after getting my haircut that I had the same exact hairstyle as him.

I also recall during Owen's feud with Stone Cold Steve Austin, I went out and made my very own Owen 3:16 t-shirt that I proudly wore. I wish Owen could have seen it. I also wish I could have had a replica of the one Owen actually wore. Boy, did I love the actual shirt Owen wore. I wanted a shirt exactly like that so badly when I saw it. The one I made wasn't nearly as good as that one. It's a shame the WWF never put that in the shop zone.

I also loved Owen's lone wolf/black heart gimmick that he did, and I wish I would have bought the shirt he had at the time he did the gimmick, but I was only a kid a year away before I was old enough to get a job. But like Owen, I was not a fan of the smut TV the WWF had become, so that was yet another reason why I liked Owen. He was the last good guy character in wrestling.

Owen was very loved by me, and when he died, it felt like I lost a friend. Wrestling was never the same to me after Owen left and that was when I slowly stopped watching wrestling. Gosh, I loved Owen so much and miss him all the time. He had so much talent, in the ring and on the mic. The world truly lost one of the very best the wrestling business had to offer ten years ago. Life is very, very cruel, and unfair. Why did he have to be Owen? I'll never understand why bad people get to live, but good people die.

Thank you Owen for the memories. I'll always miss you. :(

Nicky Fives
05-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Owen was/is my favourite of all-time..... imagine back in 2000...... if Owen would have joined the IC Title feud...... Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle vs. Owen Hart vs. Eddie Guerrero..... the possibilities were endless..... Owen you will be missed :'(:'(:'(

IC Champion
05-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Owen was amazing, one of the last classic heels.

Mooияakeя™
05-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Love that music, loved the Hart Foundation... and he broke Austin's freakin' neck!

Zeeboe
05-20-2009, 06:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/INH6m76OxxE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/INH6m76OxxE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol: at Owen 3:16. He was such a wise-ass, I loved it. :drool: at the shirt. God, I love that shirt. I would have had a giant mark out moment if Owen would have mocked Austin, and talked like him using his tone and voice and said:

"Talk about your ass-whippings, talk about Austin 3:16....Owen 3:16 says I just broke your neck!"

:D

The Pope
05-21-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm too young to ever see Owen but I have a the Wrestlemania 14 ppv
and it has Owen vs HHH and that was a good match.

Zeeboe
05-23-2009, 07:33 PM
I have Over the Edge 1999 on video tape, as well as Raw is Owen. I'm in the middle of watching/listening OTE right now. Shane McMahon cut a promo talking about how Stone Cold would "go over the edge tonight". Then The Rock did an interview about Triple H where he asked something along the lines of, "How's it gonna feel that you're not gonna see tomorrow?"

Very era stuff. I rarely watch these tapes because they're too depressing.

Rob
05-23-2009, 07:43 PM
I have never watched that PPV since the night it happened. I watched the tribute show a couple of times but it makes me feel sad for Owen and especially his wife and kids being without him. I usually watch his stuff in the ring now that makes me smile when I see him or hear him doing something funny or when he was in the ring working great matches.

It's easy for anyone to say things like this after he died but just seeing the reaction of people to his life and death and the stories people tell of him makes me think of him all the time. Especially with being a parent now. All I can say is that when my time is up, I can only hope the people around me think half of much as about me as Owen's family and friends thought of him.

A true inspiration. Just a huge shame it took a massive tragic mistake for people to truly realise it.

Zeeboe
05-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Another thing I find disturbing is the way the show just kept going on despite what happened to Owen. Seeing it for myself for the first time in a long time really reminds of why the Hart family was offended. You can clearly see some of the workers are upset, and then even after announcing his death, they just continued the show and acted as if nothing happened.

RatedGSuperstar
05-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Another thing I find disturbing is the way the show just kept going on despite what happened to Owen. Seeing it for myself for the first time in a long time really reminds of why the Hart family was offended. You can clearly see some of the workers are upset, and then even after announcing his death, they just continued the show and acted as if nothing happened.

IIRC, they even went on with an angle where Austin sent one of the McMahons to the hospital, and they brought a stretcher and loaded the ambulance and everything. I could be remembering it wrong, but that left a bad taste in my mouth.