PDA

View Full Version : 360 repair question

DaveBrawl
05-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I bought a roken Xbox 360 off Ebay a couple weeks ago (only $40 for the system) and it had the E74 error (knew this beforehand). Anyway I called Microsoft last weekend and they told me to send it in. My question is this, are the older models that we send in to get repaired any more reliable once you get them back now that they have started adding better parts to the new models? Or am I going to have to worry about it going off again?

Disturbed316
05-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Some are, some aren't. Luck of the draw to be honest.

Funky Fly
05-20-2009, 05:38 PM
My first 360 went down with the dreaded E74. Sent it in, got it back and it was still broken.

DaveBrawl
05-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Ugh, not the wake up call I was looking for this morning. :lol:

G
05-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Is that you holding up the Flair Country sign

Xero
05-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I haven't had problem after getting the RROD. Then again, before I was also using it for DVDs so it was working doubly hard.

Sometimes they just send you a refurb unit. I think I got one, in fact. And I think someone here sent in an old one and got a newer one with an HDMI port.

DaveBrawl
05-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Is that you holding up the Flair Country sign

No, it was in some youtube video I was watching around when he retired and I took the screenshot of it and put it in my sig and since I seldom update the thing I never took it out.

DaveBrawl
05-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I haven't had problem after getting the RROD. Then again, before I was also using it for DVDs so it was working doubly hard.

Sometimes they just send you a refurb unit. I think I got one, in fact. And I think someone here sent in an old one and got a newer one with an HDMI port.

That's good to hear. I'm having no luck with the things. After I sent mine in I borrowed my friends, since he wasn't using his, and now his is getting the RROD. His is one of the older pre-HDMI ones as well so hopefully he gets an updated one when he turns it in.

Sovereigntywillpr
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Mine came back within' 3 days, something about a chip going down from 90hertz to 60, it's also much quiter...yet it manages to stay cooler, i think they added more fans around the system instead of just 1 loud one.

DaveBrawl
06-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Got mine back Friday, unfortunately when I got it the only game I got with it was Forza and it was in the friends dead one (which he luckily hadn't mailed in), so while I got it back yesterday I haven't had a chance to play it and see how well it works for any long amount of time.

DAMN iNATOR
06-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Mine came back within' 3 days, something about a chip going down from 90hertz to 60, it's also much quiter...yet it manages to stay cooler, i think they added more fans around the system instead of just 1 loud one.

Yeah...heard they've been retrofitting a lot of the old units so they will perform at least at the same level as the Jasper 360's...