PDA

View Full Version : Was this really vinces first stunner?

Savio
05-25-2009, 12:36 AM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0pi-tmLY45s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

I thought he stunned him once before when he just a played an announcer

Zen v.W.o.
05-25-2009, 01:25 AM
The first stunner given to Vince was in septmeber of 97, immediately following the Pillman vs Owen match, in which Austin came down to attack Owen. Cops were trying to arrest him so Vince came in to stop them for a moment to plead with Austin and make him see reason as to why they aren't allowing him to wrestle yet, due to his neck injury.

Austin then said he appreciates the fact they are trying to help and they care, but he also appreciates the fact that they can kiss his ass...BOOM...stunner.

So yeah, he was an announcer there, it was in MSG and he was correct.

Zeeboe
05-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Yeah, I Zen is 100% correct. I recently watched that again on an old tape of mine. I actually felt bad for Vince back then, and Austin gave me further reasons why I hated him cause I thought he was being a bully who couldn't listen to reason, and had no compassion in him. But after the Montreal Screwjob, my feelings changed. :) Gimmick or not, I enjoyed seeing Vince get abused.

Savio
05-25-2009, 01:38 AM
yeah I thought I remember it had something to do with Pillman. Wasn't that pillmans last match too?

Zeeboe
05-25-2009, 01:41 AM
yeah I thought I remember it had something to do with Pillman. Wasn't that pillmans last match too?

On TV, yeah it was. I don't recall Austin and Pillman getting into it that night though. Their feud at that point was over, and Austin was more interested in getting Owen.

sulzerdrone
05-25-2009, 02:20 AM
Vince's first botched stunner?

Testicle
05-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Vince's first botched stunner?

:lol: First of many for sure.

Nowhere Man
05-25-2009, 03:34 PM
But after the Montel Screwjob, my feelings changed. :) Gimmick or not, I enjoyed seeing Vince get abused.

The Montel Screwjob? Was that where they found out Bret wasn't really his baby's daddy?

Zen v.W.o.
05-25-2009, 04:17 PM
On TV, yeah it was. I don't recall Austin and Pillman getting into it that night though. Their feud at that point was over, and Austin was more interested in getting Owen.

Yeah, mainly cuz Pillman was involved with Marlena at the time and his feud with Goldust. Only reason Pillman faced Owen in the match was because it was an IC title tourney.

Zeeboe
05-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah, mainly cuz Pillman was involved with Marlena at the time and his feud with Goldust. Only reason Pillman faced Owen in the match was because it was an IC title tourney.

Yup. Pillman tried to fake an injury to get out of the match too since he didn't wanna face a fellow Hart Foundation member, but Sgt. Slaughter didn't fall for it.

The Montel Screwjob? Was that where they found out Bret wasn't really his baby's daddy?

:) It was a typo, and a little late at night, cut me some slack.

CSL
05-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Montel Screwjob = ratings

Zeeboe
05-26-2009, 01:35 PM
lmao. That's pretty fucking funny. That damn Montel, making Bret look bad on TV....of course he wasn't really the father! They just wanted ratings to beat Springer, that bastard.

NeanderCarl
05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah the video is correct but its splicing in random scenes and moments from other shows for some reason, some of which look to be four or five years later. But that IS the actual stunner.

Savio
05-26-2009, 09:34 PM
No the splicing is correct Giant was visiting from WCW just to see this moment

NeanderCarl
05-27-2009, 10:34 AM
And wearing a bald cap. And pretending to have put on 150lbs.

That little scamp!

Fox
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that shot is from the 2002 WWE Draft, as Crash Holly can clearly be seen sitting in the front row doing his "I'm thinking" pose, and the man Mike Lockwood tragically died in 2003 and was not part of the WWE during the 2003 draft.

NeanderCarl
05-28-2009, 07:53 AM
I thought it might be from the night of Bischoff's debut.