PDA

View Full Version : TNA just got better...

4 knuckles up
05-27-2009, 07:56 PM
The gossip rags report Elijah Burke is geared up to wrestle in TNA sometime soon. Welcome back to TV! :heart:

mike adamle
05-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Maybe he can do his black pope gimmick there.

The Gold Standard
05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Nothing will make TNA better. It stinks

Theo Dious
05-27-2009, 09:01 PM
There are things that could make TNA better. Hiring someone that about ten people care about isn't going to do it.

This thread should be titled "TNA's roster just got better."

Theo Dious
And, you know, blacker.

KYR
I'm sorry, but you CAN'T use the words 'TNA' (OK acronym then) and 'Better' in the same sentence.

EVER.

Vastardikai
05-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Signing one person isn't gonna save TNA.

KIRA
05-27-2009, 10:13 PM
1.FIRE Vince Russo

2.Is Dutch Mantell still on the writing team if so fire him too

3.Book the men like you book the knockouts as they are actually fun to watch

4.See if you cant at least bring in Paul Heyman as consultant if not a full time writer.

5.No more stupid gimmicks keep it simple

6.Talk to the wrestlers about their fueds and characters let them give ideas and feedback

7.Hire Corino and or Raven these two men baring an obvious few others understand wrestling and ring psychology better than Vince Russo ever could or will

Savio
05-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Nothing will make TNA better. It stinksAgreed.....well bar from firing everyone on the booking team and hiring....i dunno Nervous Ferret?

Batista03
05-28-2009, 02:21 AM
The problem with TNA is that they have to fire a few ppl just to get a great star to come to them. And although ppl want to see the former WWE stars the show itself suck imo. Some great talent but the show sucks ****.

FourFifty
05-28-2009, 08:26 AM
If Kurt Angle, Sting, Mick Foley, Jeff Hardy, and Booker T couldn't make TNA better, Burke can't. He's a shot glass of talent that has been brought to the fail fire.

Londoner
05-28-2009, 01:42 PM
The gossip rags report Elijah Burke is geared up to wrestle in TNA sometime soon. Welcome back to TV! :heart:

:rofl:

BigDaddyCool
05-28-2009, 02:05 PM
TNA didn't just get better, Elijah Burke's career just got worse.

erickman
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
TNA didn't just get better, Elijah Burke's career just got worse.

i don't know if it got worse, if he would have stayed with ecwwe vince would have never let him move up to raw or smackdown. now that tna film a month worth of shows in 4 days he is doing better now.

Steveviscious89
05-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Believe me, I've seen the WWE and TNA shows and you guys make it sound a lot worse than it really is. You need to be talking about a way to save wrestling in general, because that is going to become the real issue.

The Gold Standard
05-28-2009, 09:37 PM
TNA just hires WWE rejects and some of them are guys who we would like to see, but they make them worthless and highlight the older guys. No one thing will make them better. It will take 6 or 7. I dont know what they are, but it will take a lot.

FourFifty
05-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Kill_Yourself.Russo

The Gold Standard
05-28-2009, 09:46 PM
I can't wait for TNA to go out of business

DarKCentaur
05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm sorry, but you CAN'T use the words 'TNA' (OK acronym then) and 'Better' in the same sentence.

EVER.

TNA will never get better.

Did I do good?

DarKCentaur
05-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Ok, you know what, I gotta take that back. Tonight's Impact is actually really good and is pushing some interesting storylines.

KYR
05-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Ok, you know what, I gotta take that back. Tonight's Impact is actually really good and is pushing some interesting storylines.

If you're lying, so help me...

DarKCentaur
05-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Samoa Joe wanting to kill Kurt Angle aside, everything else they've shown has at least been passable. The Team 3D/Beer Money segment was pure class, and I actually like EY finally getting to do something meaningful.

DarKCentaur
05-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Also, is it just me, or is Impact tonight being edited differently? The show almost has an old-school ECW feel to it with the editing.

Batista03
05-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Now if your talking about saving wrestling all together, then they should have a WWE vs.TNA special every now and then. It would score a lot of ratings for both shows and it can only happen like 2 times a year. Just a thought.

KYR
05-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Now if your talking about saving wrestling all together, then they should have a WWE vs.TNA special every now and then. It would score a lot of ratings for both shows and it can only happen like 2 times a year. Just a thought.

There are only two chances of this ever happening.

Both are 'NO'.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-28-2009, 10:58 PM
God, I love Daniels and AJ wrestling each other.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Holy shit, hell of a reversal out of the Angel's Wings.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-28-2009, 11:00 PM
THE FRANCHISE!!!

Hopefully TNA gives him and Raven spots on the creative team.

DarKCentaur
05-28-2009, 11:01 PM
That was an awesome match. And we got to see the Fatchise Shane Douglas after the match!

Testicle
05-29-2009, 09:40 AM
God, I love Daniels and AJ wrestling each other.

Yes, those are great matches.

Unfortunitly in a couple weeks you will get to see AJ wrestle the Fatchise Shane Douglass instead.

Londoner
05-29-2009, 10:28 AM

It must all be because of Elijah Burke...........

taker707
05-30-2009, 06:34 AM
I can't wait for TNA to go out of business

wont happen they have panda behind them and suprisingly are turning a profit

The Pope
05-31-2009, 12:55 AM
Elijah Burke has skills he's gonna make it in TNA

CSL
05-31-2009, 12:57 AM
MR PERFCET, PERFECT PLEX!

Mooияakeя™
05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
scrap the 6 sided ring and i'll care.

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm glad TNA is going to use Elijah Burke. The dude can talk, he can wreste and he's charismatic. He's one of those "could be a star guys" that TNA rarely gets their hands on. They usually get the smaller or older talent released by the WWE.

This won't save TNA, but it will be a good outing for both, I think, and can help Burke get back on the professional wrestling radar. Also, yes, TNA has been getting better.

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2009, 03:06 AM
Some ideas to improve TNA:

* Charge for entry to their shows. The TNA nuts are at least hardcore enough to pay a little money to get in. That's some revenue for the company, which is a very good thing for production value. With the company now turning a profit, TNA can actually start thinking about making money.

* Switch out the creative team. Jim Cornette or Paul Heyman would definitely make better heads of creative. Both men look at talent for what they are, and don't try and saddle them with anything that doesn't work.

* Replace Don West on commentary. For now, Mike Tenay is probably the best choice they have for a play-by-play guy, and he does have a good association with the TNA product -- but Don West still sounds horrible (although his more heelish persona is more refreshing). Mick Foley, Paul Heyman, Raven, Jim Cornette or even Booker T would make better color commentators for the promotion.

* Let Kurt Angle work in the X-Division. Angle has said that he's keen to do it, and the big draw about Angle coming into the company was that at the time, there wasn't a glass ceiling there. Talent was allowed to be talented, so Angle was likely going to be having classics all over the place, lending credibility to the attitudes and philosophies of TNA. But then Vince Russo got signed, and everything changed. Angle wrestling against the likes of Daniels over the X-Division Title would be very cool. Homicide getting involved with his title shot, would also be incredible.

* Eventually, a Bound For Glory PPV should be headlined by Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Daniels with the TNA World Heavyweight Title on the line. The Three-Way bouts these men had over the X-Division Title were incredible, and they got to main event above the NWA World Heavyweight Title for a reason. What better turning point for the company than to lead a new era for TNA with their classic.

DAMN iNATOR
06-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Some ideas to improve TNA:

* Charge for entry to their shows. The TNA nuts are at least hardcore enough to pay a little money to get in. That's some revenue for the company, which is a very good thing for production value. With the company now turning a profit, TNA can actually start thinking about making money.

* Switch out the creative team. Jim Cornette or Paul Heyman would definitely make better heads of creative. Both men look at talent for what they are, and don't try and saddle them with anything that doesn't work.

* Replace Don West on commentary. For now, Mike Tenay is probably the best choice they have for a play-by-play guy, and he does have a good association with the TNA product -- but Don West still sounds horrible (although his more heelish persona is more refreshing). Mick Foley, Paul Heyman, Raven, Jim Cornette or even Booker T would make better color commentators for the promotion.

* Let Kurt Angle work in the X-Division. Angle has said that he's keen to do it, and the big draw about Angle coming into the company was that at the time, there wasn't a glass ceiling there. Talent was allowed to be talented, so Angle was likely going to be having classics all over the place, lending credibility to the attitudes and philosophies of TNA. But then Vince Russo got signed, and everything changed. Angle wrestling against the likes of Daniels over the X-Division Title would be very cool. Homicide getting involved with his title shot, would also be incredible.

* Eventually, a Bound For Glory PPV should be headlined by Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Daniels with the TNA World Heavyweight Title on the line. The Three-Way bouts these men had over the X-Division Title were incredible, and they got to main event above the NWA World Heavyweight Title for a reason. What better turning point for the company than to lead a new era for TNA with their classic.

Wow at the first point (in bold for emphasis)...Whoever thinks letting people in to your show free of charge is going to make them think it's an awesome product, that will not happen. Free admission is basically TNA saying "Come on in and see how much we suck, then blow your brains out afterwards."

Wehttam
06-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Wow, didn't expect to see so many people shitting on TNA.

I'm no huge fan, but they do have some interesting things right now.

Foley has been great as of late and is really carrying the show.

Don West has been getting much much better as a heel announcer. Why replace him now? A year ago, maybe, but now he actually found his niche. He has been better than any heel announcer in the WWE (Striker doesn't play it off as a heel enough).

Besides that I'm liking the rub they are trying to give Beer Money. Go through with it please! And then stop with this Suicide garbage.

kareru
06-06-2009, 12:45 PM
anyone that thinks that wwe is better than tna clearly isn't a wrestling fan

Wehttam
06-06-2009, 12:59 PM
That's horseshit. Don't post horseshit like that.