PDA

View Full Version : wrestlers that come here/ writers

glycerine
03-31-2004, 06:26 PM
does anyone who acctually works for the WWE part of this board or do you think they at least get A) ideas or B) feedback from this site? i mean this is probably the best unnofficial wrestling site huh? How does it get so good?

just wondering

Boondock Saint
03-31-2004, 06:42 PM
I doubt it.

The CyNick
03-31-2004, 06:45 PM
I know for a fact that the WWE checks out various sites on the net, but I dont know whether this one is on their radar.

They definately check out the major internet/radio shows that have wrestling content.

As for guys in the business, even if there were WWE people on this site I doubt they would admit to it.

Funky Fly
03-31-2004, 06:50 PM
I know for a fact that the WWE checks out various sites on the net, but I dont know whether this one is on their radar.

They definately check out the major internet/radio shows that have wrestling content.

As for guys in the business, even if there were WWE people on this site I doubt they would admit to it.
It would be hilarious though, if someone like Chris Jericho or Maven or whoever posted here and accidently used a TPWW catchphrase on the air in a promo.

Shaggy
03-31-2004, 06:54 PM
I would have to think the WWE would check various websites. They need to know what us fans want and get inside our heads to use it. What good would it be if they didnt give the fans what they wanted. That would be funny like Funky Fly said that if wrestlers actually came here. That would be great if they came her and mentioned something that was said on this site. Like say when Goldberg was around he came to this site and read what we wrote. Then one day during his promo he ended up saying TPWW your next. That would be cool.

Funky Fly
03-31-2004, 07:03 PM
No actually, that would suck because Goldberg marks would overrun the site.

ColdwaVer
03-31-2004, 07:10 PM
It'd be hysterical if Theodore Long actually used the "shoot this man in the head" line on the air.

Iceman90
03-31-2004, 07:11 PM
I Actually, I heard WWE officials did check TPWW.

Kristanna Vola
03-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Indeed they did...

The Naitch
03-31-2004, 07:22 PM
a big fock you to the creative team :foc:

Funky Fly
03-31-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, they e-mailed Trips (Triple A, not Triple H) to shut down the music section of the site, but that was a long time ago.

Shaggy
03-31-2004, 07:26 PM
No actually, that would suck because Goldberg marks would overrun the site.

true I never thought of that. That would suck so much.

PureHatred
03-31-2004, 07:37 PM
I'm sure they monitor a lot of sites, but there's no way in hell they would ever admit to which ones they do specifically.

Boondock Saint
03-31-2004, 07:57 PM
Jericho should call Christian a whiney penis

loopydate
03-31-2004, 08:03 PM
CHIMEL: Making their way to the ring, teh WWE Tag Team Champions -- Rikishi avec Scotty 2 Hotty!

Boondock Saint
03-31-2004, 08:06 PM
CHIMEL: Making their way to the ring, teh WWE Tag Team Champions -- Rikishi avec Scotty 2 Hotty!

:lol:

Funky Fly
03-31-2004, 08:10 PM
Jericho should call Christian a whiney penis

:lol: :love:

Savio
03-31-2004, 08:11 PM
They should have a new guy fued with jericho called _____ "the wall" _______, because of jericho's lyrics.

Wondermouse
03-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Well, the WWE borrows a good bit of stuff from fWo (http://fwowrestling.com), but the WWE guys that do it pretty much know the guy that runs it and they usually run it by him before doing so. The most recent example would probably be some Sean O'Haire stuff.

AareDub
03-31-2004, 09:18 PM
They should have a new guy fued with jericho called _____ "the wall" _______, because of jericho's lyrics.

That would be a pretty bad idea bc of the former WCW wrestler "The Wall" that passed away last year.

Shaggy
03-31-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm sure they monitor a lot of sites, but there's no way in hell they would ever admit to which ones they do specifically.

if they did that then all the sites that they would name would just be over flooded with fans trying to put there 2 cents in.

The Mackem
04-01-2004, 05:42 AM
Plus there are quitea few wrstling sites for them to check.

tucsonspeed6
04-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Some wrestlers check websites to get internet fans opinions too. I remember Jericho used to write commentaries on his own website for a while, but when he read a bunch of negative reviews on one of his matches against Lance Storm he got fed up and quit because he felt that Lance and himself worked their asses off and the internet fans just wanted to bitch about everything.

Corkscrewed
04-01-2004, 08:40 PM
It'd be hysterical if Theodore Long actually used the "shoot this man in the head" line on the air.

It's ASS, you ass! :p

Anyway, of course they get material from us. Where do you think the "Lance with a large package" came from? :shifty:

BTW, El Santo is really Eddie Guerrero.

CanAmConnection
04-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Athletes have started to do that in other sports. I've spoken with Curt Schilling before in the chat room on sonsofsamhorn.com (Boston Red Sox fansite). It's becoming more and more common.

Mister Sinister
04-02-2004, 05:13 AM
Some wrestlers check websites to get internet fans opinions too. I remember Jericho used to write commentaries on his own website for a while, but when he read a bunch of negative reviews on one of his matches against Lance Storm he got fed up and quit because he felt that Lance and himself worked their asses off and the internet fans just wanted to bitch about everything.

I throught it was negitive feedback from his match at KOTR 2002 v. Van Dam?

Corkscrewed
04-02-2004, 05:18 AM
It was RVD, not Storm, so Helm is correct.

And for the record, according to Chris, that was just the scapegoat reason he used. He was also burned out by the internet in general and had been wanting to take a break anyway.

Mikey
04-02-2004, 05:19 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to loopydate again

:(

Corkscrewed
04-02-2004, 05:24 AM
^ I musta missed something, because that joke totally flew over my head. :( Can someone make me look stupid and explain it to me?

Loose Cannon
04-02-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm almost convinced CyNick is Paul Heyman. He's always got great ideas, but sometimes he seems to get a little annoyed that the WWE didn't use what he came up with. :)

Splaya
04-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Well, they e-mailed Trips (Triple A, not Triple H) to shut down the music section of the site, but that was a long time ago.

I remember that, one day I came on the site (not the forums just the front page) and it was gone and I was like what the hell.

AareDub
04-02-2004, 11:15 AM
BTW, El Santo is really Eddie Guerrero.

I KNEW IT!!!

The CyNick
04-02-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm almost convinced CyNick is Paul Heyman. He's always got great ideas, but sometimes he seems to get a little annoyed that the WWE didn't use what he came up with. :)

LO f'n L

loopydate
04-02-2004, 02:23 PM
^ I musta missed something, because that joke totally flew over my head. :( Can someone make me look stupid and explain it to me?

Sure thing.

It would be hilarious though, if someone like Chris Jericho or Maven or whoever posted here and accidently used a TPWW catchphrase on the air in a promo.

And, since I've noticed that "avec" is something of a "catchphrase" around here (as has "teh"), I...

Hope that helps. :-\

Funky Fly
04-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Ok, samichna, a well known and loved poster around here posted a picture of his cat with a bib on. Then he captioned it "Cat avec bib". "Avec" is the French word for "with". And it's been a catchphrase ever since. I think that picture is still here.

"Teh" is just road doggy dogg, Y2Ant and a few other making fun of the online gamers who type stupid shit like "OMG u r t3h suXor, I r t3h 1337 h4Xor 4nd I will pwn u!!!!1!1!!!2!"

Funky Fly
04-02-2004, 02:36 PM
I couldn't find the original picture (it was on the old boards), but I did find the hilarious gif he made.

http://5wa.homestead.com/files/cat.gif

BigDaddyCool
04-02-2004, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't doubt they came to this site (don't think they still do) because for a time TPWW was huge and it has been listed in a few wrestling books.

Funky Fly
04-02-2004, 02:41 PM
listed in a few wrestling books.
:eek: Which ones?

Corkscrewed
04-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Brock Lesnar's Guide to No-No Sites that Will Get You Killed

Anybody Thrilla
04-02-2004, 04:16 PM
All right, fine, you guys got me. I'm actually Hardbody Harrison. Any hard-hitting questions for me?.......No?........Aww, shucks.

BigDaddyCool
04-02-2004, 04:19 PM
:eek: Which ones?

I know we are listed in The Complete Idiot's Guide to Pro-Wrestling, and I'm certain we are in another, I just can't remeber which one.

ColdwaVer
04-02-2004, 08:10 PM
It's ASS, you ass! :p

Bah, i've seen it stolen and reused so many times (mostly be me) that I've forgotten where it came from.

And I'm actually Steven Richards, just goes to show you how much time I've got on my hands.

Gerard
04-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Brock Lesnar's Guide to No-No Sites that Will Get You Killed

:rofl:

AareDub
04-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Damn that cat gif is creepy as hell.