PDA

View Full Version : I suck at stealth games.

Big Fat Mike
06-06-2009, 01:13 PM
First I broke a controller playing assasins creed a few months back. Before that I can remember getting frustrated with every metal gear game ever made. Ever. And now a month after getting my PS3 I finally sat down to play MGS4 and I suck at it horribly. I can't help but alert people to my presence because of noise or smell or horrible jokes. Why the fuck would you be wearing a camo suit if you cant blend in with say...the sky. Or a dead guy. Or a mountain of ice cream? This sucks, I'm tired of playing MLB 09 because the online is horrrrrrible. FUCK.

Kane Knight
06-06-2009, 02:45 PM
hit moar notez

Funky Fly
06-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Assassin's creed is like the only game with stealth where I don't suck horribly. Can't even get into MGS.

LoDownM
06-06-2009, 05:35 PM
"You have to have some degree of patience for stealth games." I hear people say that all the time. Which is funny, because I have none at all but always master them.

DAMN iNATOR
06-06-2009, 05:46 PM
I generally find that if I can figure out which button is the "main" stealth button in the game, I will 9.75/10 times end up beating said game. If "patience" as Mr. "Paragon of Pittsburgh" doesn't work, try using a walkthrough, unless you'd rather just have the "thrill" of letting the events unfold as you painfully slowly proceed.

Big Fat Mike
06-06-2009, 05:55 PM
It's been oh so painful. Believe me.

Kalyx triaD
06-06-2009, 06:12 PM
MGS4 has more action in it. You could literally run and gun if you want.

DAMN iNATOR
06-06-2009, 06:56 PM
True but OBVI there are mostly V.G.'s involving stealth where if you aren't stealthy enough, you get heavily penalized and it can result in death or other just as bad penalties.

Nowhere Man
06-06-2009, 06:58 PM
"You have to have some degree of patience for stealth games." I hear people say that all the time. Which is funny, because I have none at all but always master them.

I'm the exact opposite. I can't tell you how many times I've settled into some perfect cover, memorized the bad guys' movements, waited for the absolute perfect moment to strike....only to have them turn around and spot me while I'm just out of reach of a stealth-kill.

Kalyx triaD
06-06-2009, 07:02 PM
IMO, most stealth games get it wrong, merely by being a 'stealth game'. Stealth, by definition, should be a viable option in most operations. Shooters should have stealth and stealth should have shooting. There's little reason for it to be one or the other. This is moot, however, as the merging of the play styles happen even now.

Kalyx triaD
06-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I can't tell you how many times I've settled into some perfect cover, memorized the bad guys' movements, waited for the absolute perfect moment to strike....only to have them turn around and spot me while I'm just out of reach of a stealth-kill.

:lol:

They should have a "Holy Shi-" moment to give you leeway in those moments. I mean who instantly contacts his comrades when they see something weird - in their face?

DAMN iNATOR
06-06-2009, 08:44 PM
IMO, most stealth games get it wrong, merely by being a 'stealth game'. Stealth, by definition, should be a viable option in most operations. Shooters should have stealth and stealth should have shooting. There's little reason for it to be one or the other. This is moot, however, as the merging of the play styles happen even now.

True, but some games have stealth elements with some pretty cool kills. I love how, for instance in The Godfather VG's you can sneak up on someone and kill them in stealth mode with a garrotte or whatever.

Kalyx triaD
06-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I liked the wire from Hitman.

Savio
06-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Only stealth games I remember playing was manhunt, and I was pretty good.

Funky Fly
06-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Definitely loved garroting people in The Godfather. Loved sneaking up on them, tossing them down and then lifting them back up and strangling them even more. Gotta love the little crunch of the neck at the end. Soooo satisfying.

... I have problems.

OssMan
06-07-2009, 01:05 AM
In Metal Gear Solid I always die purposely if I get alerted cause I think it's kinda BS that the enemy can set off an alarm after seeing you infiltrate their base and even shoot at you/get killed and then have the alarm go away and everything go back to normal if I hide for a minute.

Big Fat Mike
06-07-2009, 01:26 AM
I even sucked at Hitman. Thats a tragedy considering I thought they were some of the coolest games ever made.

LoDownM
06-07-2009, 01:30 AM
I love the Hitman games. Remember playing the Hitman 2 demo back in the day and not beating it the same way twice.

Fignuts
06-07-2009, 02:33 AM
You should play infamous. It's easy to be stealthy.

Just climb a 40 foot building and jump off in te direction of the enemies on the ground. They won't know you're there until you've slammed into the ground and obliterate them and the three cars around them.

Xero
06-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Huge fan of the stealth genre. :y:

Big Fat Mike
06-07-2009, 02:01 PM
OI